News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pricetag

When I put my forum into maintenance mode, the ezportal page still shows the ezblocks, see here: gamersbridge.com [nofollow] how do I fix this..?
Gamer's Bridge [nofollow]

vbgamer45

Quote from: Pricetag on May 28, 2011, 02:24:00 AM
When I put my forum into maintenance mode, the ezportal page still shows the ezblocks, see here: gamersbridge.com how do I fix this..?
Will work on an update to fix that issue.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

vbgamer45

New update

+ Added ezBlock layout setting to hide the title bar of an ezBlock
! Do not load ezPortal if in maintenance mode
+ Added edit icon near Edit Column Link to make it standout a little better on the ezBlocks page
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

madfitz

I am using the RSS feed ezBlock to display 5 news headlines from the BBC feed, here: http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/uk/rss.xml

The ezBlock displays the 5 oldest headlines (ie those at the bottom of the page) but I would like to see the 5 newest items (from the top of the feed page).

Is there a way to do this?

vbgamer45

Quote from: madfitz on May 29, 2011, 12:15:32 PM
I am using the RSS feed ezBlock to display 5 news headlines from the BBC feed, here: http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/uk/rss.xml

The ezBlock displays the 5 oldest headlines (ie those at the bottom of the page) but I would like to see the 5 newest items (from the top of the feed page).

Is there a way to do this?
It gets the oldest entries first.Once they are processed after your feed check time then it gets the newer ones

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

GlitchPC

After install, I have the following errors:

First error:

8: Undefined index: label
File: /xxx/xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php (generic_menu_sidebar_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 318

The above happens when the following action is performed:  ?action=admin;area=ezpsettings;sa=settings

Second error:

8: Undefined index: admin_menu_name
File: /xxx/xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/Sources/EzPortal2.php
Line: 1468

The above error happens when performing the following action:  ?action=ezportal;sa=addpage

I'm running SMF 2.0 RC5 and the software is installed in my root directory.  I have the following mods installed:

1.  EzPorta  0.5.1
2.  SMF Staff Page  1.7
3.  Referrals System  3.0.2
4.  Facebook_Like v.1.4  1.4
5.  Contact Page 2.1.2

Any suggestions?

savy118

Hi there,
im trying to use ez portal menue block to see what it does, once selected and all boards are visable nothing shows up in menue, but other blocks work fine.

any ideas

thanks savy

savy118

Its ok, i think i have to add a menu and link in the add menue section, seems to work ok .

thanks
savy

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

savy118

Yeah really like this portal getting the feel of this now,

i see there is a great colection of blocks to choose from, im just wondering if there is a block that randomly changes classified adds and posibly all the smf hacks and are clickable to another url.

thanks

savy

vbgamer45

There is a classifieds listing block. If you need something custom explain in detail on how it would work and what settings are required.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

savy118

Hi,
sorry i didnt mean classified, ive got that on the brain.....

may be im jumping the gun,

i noticed you had smf gallerie lite and there was a block for random image, im just wondering if there is a block for a random html block.
i have my own image in that block with its own referal link, but would be nice if that automatically changed my image stored in my image folder, but would like all my pictures with there own hyper link.

or what could work if its posible is the gallerie lite mod, but all user can see is ezblocks containing picture and not gallery but when they click on random picture it takes them to a url of any choice might be better.

thanks bruno.

"just trying to cure that still image so it changes"

savy118

Quote from: savy118 on June 11, 2011, 08:45:32 PM
Hi,
sorry i didnt mean classified, ive got that on the brain.....

may be im jumping the gun,

i noticed you had smf gallerie lite and there was a block for random image, im just wondering if there is a block for a random html block.
i have my own image in that block with its own referal link, but would be nice if that automatically changed my image stored in my image folder, but would like all my pictures with there own hyper link.

or what could work if its posible is the gallerie lite mod, but all user can see is ezblocks containing picture and not gallery but when they click on random picture it takes them to a url of any choice might be better.

thanks bruno.

"just trying to cure that still image so it changes"

just another idea i dont know if it applies to this post i will edit and remove if desired, i was looking at the ad mod you have , which could be another better option, i have pointed that mod at a image in my folder which is clickable to any url, would be good if that mod was random, but also like the way ezblock has a title bar ubove image.

"so confused here sorry if this doesnt make sence"

regards

savy

vbgamer45

Well another way you can do that is use a php block then do a random statement to switch it up so you can different html showing at different times.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

savy118

Sounds cool,

I dont know much html or php statement tho just the basics is there a tutorial on that anyware, or a search term to use to find that info sounds great.

i did have another way by inserting a flash vid but trouble was had to keep editing the flash all the time.

regards

savy/bruno

vbgamer45

Good place to learn php/html/mysql for basics is www.w3schools.com have a bunch of tutorials on a variety of topics.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

savy118

thanks for site, looks interesting.

might be to complicated for now but i will try and study it.

im going to get classified 2morro any way and take it step by step lol im rushing in 2 things.

thanks for info

savy

savy118

Hello again ive been reading the topics and cant find this question covered.......

I altered sizes of blocks, but cant reset back to original size, if i correct one on the left colum it stretches the right side wider , and cant alter right side.
would like to set back to original if posible.

thanks

savy

Advertisement: