News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Point System

Started by razsports, August 12, 2005, 09:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

razsports

Hi,

Phpbb forums has a mod where members earn points for posting, leaving comments and referrals. Is there for this?

brandondrury

I'm also trying to get this done.  I couldn't get "The Shop" mod to work for some reason.  I'll be trying again, today. 

Try searching for points.

Brandon

Elmacik

Quote from: razsports on August 12, 2005, 09:27:01 PM
Hi,

Phpbb forums has a mod where members earn points for posting, leaving comments and referrals. Is there for this?
its built in anyway.
Home of Elmacik

J. Williams

Thats karma from users.They mean a point system so like 3 posts get you 30 points....
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

razsports

So, there is no mod for SMF that gives out points for posting, replying and referring people?

Here is what I am looking for:

PersonA  posts 20 messages on my forums. For each post he receives 2 points.  PersonA also sends three(3) of his friends to my forums. He receives 5 points per refferal.  So his total at the end of the year is 55 points. He can use those 55 points to purchase fake lottery tickets for 10 points each. So he may purchase 5 tickets.

At the end of the year a lottery ticket drawing would take place. One winner would be announced.

razsports

nothing?

I wish SMF had more options for mods :(   They need a points and cash mod with lottery tickets and an articles mod.

J. Williams

Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

razsports

so does phpbb offer articles.........

Gargoyle

SMF 1.1RC1 was just released not to long ago... The mods either have not been updated or are not available for it yet.

You do know that you could always write the MOD yourself or ask someone on the forum to write the MOD for you.

I don't know if anyone would do it for free or not but I am sure there are a few on here that will make the mod for a price.

If free is all that you are after with tons of options and such use phpBB if thats what you like.

1MileCrash

nobody can actually justify using phpBB.. :P
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

Oldiesmann

If you want articles, try a portal like MKPortal or TinyPortal. TinyPortal allows users to submit articles (although you can only choose non-post-based groups)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

razsports

Could someone please design a mod that would allow you the ability to given out points. Then turn these points in for lottery tickets for the chance to win prizes. One winner would be drawn per week, month or year.

Points would be earned by posting, leaving replies and/or refferals.

Thanks

Moocat

i think someone just needs to remake the smfshop mod. it was good when it worked with the current smf version at the time. it just didn't have enough items, or the option to add/remove items. someone should overhaul that mod so it works with smf and has s'more features...

Moocat

i think someone just needs to remake the smfshop mod. it was good when it worked with the current smf version at the time. it just didn't have enough items, or the option to add/remove items. someone should overhaul that mod so it works with smf and has s'more features...

J. Williams

Or make one called SMFStore instead & make it better than smfshop!
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Advertisement: