Moving Hosts

Started by Starz0r, February 22, 2014, 05:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starz0r

Quote from: K@ on February 26, 2014, 07:17:20 AM
Hmmm... I could be wrong, here... But, I believe that mem.name_color is something that's not vanilla SMF and is, probably, something from a mod. Membergroup colours, perhaps?
Color and Glow Names V2 but yea.

kat

Yuk! I can't find that mod, here... So, I can't check it's support topic.

How are you with phpmyadmin?

You could create that column, one would assume.

Starz0r

I'll link it when I get the time. I also don't know if I imported the database correctly because it isn't using the theme I set it up with.

kat

That might be because the theme's path is wrong.

Starz0r

Quote from: K@ on February 26, 2014, 01:59:25 PM
That might be because the theme's path is wrong.
Noted, but it seems that it is right. I think this backup is before I made the huge changes to the forum. Anyway, It seems that the mod I was talking about is gone from the modification place of the site. If it does you any help would you like me to upload the mod? I can send it privately through a PM to you.

kat

It wouldn't help, to be honest. During the install, the mod would've created that column. My thinking is that uninstalling the mod, then reinstalling it, might sort that. The way things are going, though, I suspect you might get errors, if you try to uninstall it.

Might be worth backing everything up, first, then trying that. If you get errors, I'm hoping they'll "just" be file edits, which you could do, manually.

Starz0r

Quote from: K@ on February 26, 2014, 04:15:59 PM
It wouldn't help, to be honest. During the install, the mod would've created that column. My thinking is that uninstalling the mod, then reinstalling it, might sort that. The way things are going, though, I suspect you might get errors, if you try to uninstall it.

Might be worth backing everything up, first, then trying that. If you get errors, I'm hoping they'll "just" be file edits, which you could do, manually.
Ugh. It is asking me for the FTP Password, everytime I put it in it tells me it could not contact the server.

Why does there have to be so many problems with my hosting >.>

kat

Some hosts are like that, I'm afraid. :(

Thankfully, my hostess is an angel. :)

I'll catch-up, again, in the morning, to see how you get on.

Starz0r

Quote from: K@ on February 26, 2014, 05:04:48 PM
Some hosts are like that, I'm afraid. :(

Thankfully, my hostess is an angel. :)

I'll catch-up, again, in the morning, to see how you get on.
Well when you get up please tell me what host you use so I can consider it, maybe I can speed up this dragging process that way, lol.

kat

My hostess is one of those "Resellers" that get such a bad press. Pity, coz she's really, really good.

But, she's not taking-on new customers, at the moment. :(

Starz0r

Quote from: K@ on February 27, 2014, 07:07:49 AM
My hostess is one of those "Resellers" that get such a bad press. Pity, coz she's really, really good.

But, she's not taking-on new customers, at the moment. :(
Well what do you think about Host-ed's web hosting?

kat

Not even heard if them, to be honest.

Starz0r

Quote from: K@ on February 27, 2014, 03:01:46 PM
Not even heard if them, to be honest.
Well do you have a suggestion for a new host? At this point I'll take anything that works :P

Starz0r

Alright I got some dedicated hosting and moved my backup and sql database and now back to getting the error:

Table 'iwanzusn_smf388.smf_settings' doesn't exist

kat

If you go to phpmyadmin, you can create that table, quite easily.

Can you get into your old phpmyadmin (I wish they'd picked a shorter name for that!) to see if exists, there? If it does, you can get that table and merge it into the current one, I believe.

Starz0r

Does not exist. I'm not sure what the problem is I mean I have everything put in correctly in the Repair Tool :/.

At the top of the Repair Tool I get this though:

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/iwanzusn/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 336

Warning: mysql_free_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/iwanzusn/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 338

Warning: mysql_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/iwanzusn/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 353

Warning: mysql_free_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/iwanzusn/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 355

Saving it would give you this error:

Notice: Undefined index: database_error in /home/iwanzusn/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 572

Fatal error: Call to undefined function allowedTo() in /home/iwanzusn/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 573

You get the same error if you try to load the forum page:

Table 'iwanzusn_smf388.smf_settings' doesn't exist

Is there something I'm missing? I feel like moving the hosts shouldn't be this hard.

Kindred

Well, your OLD site must have that gable, since the forum will not run without it.
So, it sounds like you did not get a full copy of your old database.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Starz0r

Quote from: Kindred on March 02, 2014, 07:50:51 PM
Well, your OLD site must have that gable, since the forum will not run without it.
Are you kidding me? 2 years down the drain T_T.

Starz0r

Quote from: Starz0r on March 02, 2014, 08:00:46 PM
Quote from: Kindred on March 02, 2014, 07:50:51 PM
Are you kidding me? 2 years down the drain T_T.
Are you sure I didn't get a full copy of my database? When I edit it I can see basically everything that was there before my forum got removed.

Advertisement: