SMF moving server. Website not loading with theme

Started by raymongulati2011, May 17, 2012, 04:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymongulati2011

I had a terrible web host, so I decided to move my webhosting company. I made a backup of my cpanel and request my new webhosting company to add that restore to my already made account at the 2nd webhosting company

1) I already have webhosting with hostgator (hosting 2 domains)
2) I had webhsoting with cobra, but I don't like their services to I want to move my SMF to hostgator.

Hostgator did a partial system restore for me, where they restored my home directory and SQL database. Now I can access the website, however the theme is completly messed up. This problem is on every theme. Furthermore, I tried installig a new theme, but that didn't stop the problem.
My SMF
www.funscapersps.com
Error on top of page
The default theme's directory is wrong, please correct it by clicking this text.

Any suggestions? Comments?

Edit: That did not solve the problem, so i just created new forums. there weren't a lot of members and nothing special on it, so no harm done.

Edit: Could somebody help me move my menu bar to the center of my forums menu?
right now, the tabs start in the left side and go about 80% across the screen, how do I make it so the test starts in the middle?

Example
this is starting left
this is starting center

my forums: www.funscapersps.com [nofollow][/b]

Rommeo

I also had that problem, click it and it will work..
also check it what MrPhil said, when you correct the directories it will work.

Storman™

And check the chmod settings for your folders as some (like root) are insecure...  ;)

raymongulati2011

Could somebody help me move my menu bar to the center of my forums menu?
right now, the tabs start in the left side and go about 80% across the screen, how do I make it so the test starts in the middle?

Example
this is starting left
this is starting center

my forums: www.funscapersps.com [nofollow]

raymongulati2011

bump
still need help!

Could somebody help me move my menu bar to the center of my forums menu?

Example
this is starting left
this is starting center

my forums: www.funscapersps.com [nofollow] [nofollow]

Storman™

Curently the menu looks like it's floated left in the CSS.

You can't float "middle" as it doesn't work like that, so suspect you'd need to introduce an inline style into the theme's index.template.php file so that it sits in the middle.

Have you considered asking the question on the DzinerStudio's forum as they would understand their theme better than we would?

Advertisement: