News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Team Page

Started by Diego Andrés, October 02, 2009, 04:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diego Andrés

5.4.3 - 26 June 2023
  • Bug Fix Fixed displaying disabled Custom Titles.
  • Bug Fix Fixed HTML entities not displaying.
  • Improvement Changed settings descriptions.

Quote from: Ninja ZX-10RR on June 20, 2023, 08:33:17 AMThe "Only available for left and right blocks" for many of the options seems not to be accurate, they work for bottom blocks as well. Or at least they work if bottom is the only selected layout (left and right empty, so disabled).
I removed the descriptions and left it as it is, seems like there are currently no issues displaying the information. It used to be a simple and single list so it didn't have that info, now it uses pretty much the same style as the other blocks.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Thank you! And I shall confirm that everything does indeed work as expected :D
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

landyvlad

Hi I've just installed and am trying to set up a team page
Page Title is obvious enough
I've Used Our Team

In then asks (compulsory) for a page subaction - but it doesn't explain what this is. (What is it?)
It merely says must be alphanumeric (fine) so I typed Meet Us

I got this error:
QuoteAn error has occurred
The subaction must contain only alphanumeric characters.

So I assumed a space is not alphanumeric so tried just using the number 1, which works but I'm not clear on what this field is for?

There is also functionality which is either lacking or I don't know how to do it.
Have a look at YTYak.com currently and you'll see I've set up a groups page.

This allows me to show our Admins and Global Moderators (only)

I'd like to be able to put additional text, so we can have a bit of a bio, and also explaining what these people do in particular (different admins have different roles, so to speak) also have individual members added (perhaps former team members or moderators) without having to create a separate mods page. All in one place is best (rather than separate tabs). I can se where the latter would be useful for a big forum, but for a smaller one - all on one page is much better IMHO..

Appreciate if people could let me know how to resolve these issues :)
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Diego Andrés

Quote from: landyvlad on July 01, 2023, 07:29:46 AMIn then asks (compulsory) for a page subaction - but it doesn't explain what this is. (What is it?)
It refers to the subaction used in the link, to access the specific page directly.

Quote from: landyvlad on July 01, 2023, 07:29:46 AMI'd like to be able to put additional text, so we can have a bit of a bio, and also explaining what these people do in particular (different admins have different roles, so to speak) also have individual members added (perhaps former team members or moderators) without having to create a separate mods page. All in one place is best (rather than separate tabs). I can se where the latter would be useful for a big forum, but for a smaller one - all on one page is much better IMHO..
The mod is only adding information from the users so this wouldn't be a feature.
Your alternatives are to use the groups description, or add a custom field for this information which you can then include in the page.

Michael Vail

@Diego Andrés

Hey Diego, I've been using this great mod for a long time and love it. I was just wondering if during your next update you could add the option in settings to call it either "Team Page" or "Staff Page" and have the menu button on the menu bar say "Team" or "Staff" based upon the selection? For some forums like ours, "Staff" would be a more fitting term than Team and would be more likely to draw people to use the mod. I considered going into the mod and attempting to change everything to "Staff" manually, but the changes I would make likely be overwritten with every mod update, so I thought I'd ask what you think about this change instead.

Thanks again for the great mod!

Take care,
Mike Vail

Diego Andrés

I'm not sure how useful it would be to change the button based on the page, it could be confusing for some users.
However, a setting to rename the button is definitely a good suggestion.

It might take me a bit to get to it (I don't have a local forum setup at the moment), in the mean time you should definitely edit the language file.
$txt['TeamPage_button'] = 'Team Page';
$txt['TeamPage_main_button'] = 'Team';

Those should be the strings needed afaik, in Themes/default/language/TeamPage.english.php

Advertisement: