Advanced Reputation System

Started by Fustrate, March 25, 2008, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on May 06, 2008, 10:13:15 PM
Have you changed how many reputation bars they can get? If so, you need to have the exact same number of lines in the rep descriptions box as the number of rep bars they can get. If not, add the following right after that last line...

$rep_debug_file = fopen('reputation_debug.txt', 'w');
$rep_debug_text = $modSettings['karmaDescriptions'] . "\n\n" . print_r($descriptions, true) . "\n\n" . $bars;
fwrite($rep_debug_file, $rep_debug_text);
fclose($rep_debug_file);

and then, once you can recreate that error, go to /Sources/reputation_debug.txt and tell me what it says there... I'm not sure if the code I just wrote is correct... and looking back over the block you pasted, I'm not sure if that's correct either... I'll look at that some more.

Ahh! That was it...I was three descriptions short :-[

I think maybe it would be a good idea in future, to make the mod warn you if you're short, so noobs like me dont flip out over errors :D
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Fustrate

Alundra: I'll look into coding that in.

THE BRA1N: that explains it ;) can I get a link to your site? I can tell you what to change if I can see the rest of the theme.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Pleek

1.1.4????????? Its been a week. How long till this laptop gets fixed?

(sry just wondering)

Jade Elizabeth

Sometimes things take time Pleek, everyone constantly asking is going to make this topic longer, making it harder for people to find answers, and annoy/upset Yoda. Asking is not going to fix the laptop, nor will it produce what you want; we just have to sit tight and be patient :D.

It took me 3 months to get my puter fixed, and in the end I bought a new one lol.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

THE BRA1N

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on May 07, 2008, 09:22:01 PM
Alundra: I'll look into coding that in.

THE BRA1N: that explains it ;) can I get a link to your site? I can tell you what to change if I can see the rest of the theme.

http://www.flamechampsnetwork.com/forum/

Thanks. The default theme is DarkBreak by DzinerStudio.

Fustrate

Put this in .bordercolor {

.bordercolor {
background-color: #252525;
}
Steven Hoffman

THE BRA1N

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on May 08, 2008, 10:05:58 PM
Put this in .bordercolor {

.bordercolor {
background-color: #252525;
}

Nope, still the same. Youre talking about the style.css, right?

Fustrate

yup, that should have fixed it. I'll go look at it right now, see if I can come up with anything. (I apologize for this late response, but I've been terribly sick the last few days...)
Steven Hoffman

Kirschnik

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on April 25, 2008, 03:10:15 PM
White space: Did the appropriate changes get made at the end of that theme's style.css?

Yes, any other Idea?

_Anthony_

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on May 11, 2008, 12:41:44 PM
yup, that should have fixed it. I'll go look at it right now, see if I can come up with anything. (I apologize for this late response, but I've been terribly sick the last few days...)
Me too.
I doubt the guy has actually downgraded it.
It never takes this long to fix a laptop.
He is a moparscapien.
If you don't know what that is browse http://moparscape.org/smf
All that is there is liars/leechers.
Although I hope it actually is downgraded for the people who need it

Fustrate

bra1n: try putting that line into .windowbg2

mrmoney: well, we can hope. and there was that story not too long ago about bestbuy losing a woman's laptop for a few months, so it can happen...
Steven Hoffman

_Anthony_

Yep Yoda but I doubt he actually did it. I have seen his private server and the quality is so poor. The code doesn't even follow java conventions. If he did it is probably going to have like half the features. Oh well all we can do is hope

THE BRA1N

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on May 17, 2008, 02:27:20 AM
bra1n: try putting that line into .windowbg2

That fixed it for the most part. You can still see a small bit through it in some parts but it's much better. Thanks.

Pratt

Hi! Great Mod!

I have a question though, Is there a way to set the reputation so that it does not depend on the giver's reputation? Or a way to control that rate?
And also, is there a global log where admins or users can see recent reputations given and the reasons?

2pac

Hey I love this mod!

But I have a question...

I currently have it set up like this:

The box pops out towards the right side, towards the outside edge of my board.

I would like it to pop out like this instead:

How can I get that done?

All the coding is the same, except instead of an image, Im using a button, and I just moved the location of it from the avatar section to the upper right corner of the post. But the rest of the coding is exactly the same.

_Anthony_

Can't you just flip the box?

2pac

_Anthony_

Explore the install.xml package.
That is how I added stars.
Once you get 400 rep power to get a star instead on those bars.
THen it adds on more bars till you get another star

Fustrate

it has to do with the javascript, but I can't look at the files to help you until I get home.
Steven Hoffman

2pac

yeah, whenever you have a chance that'd be great :)

Advertisement: