News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Advanced Reputation System

Started by Fustrate, March 25, 2008, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adbrad

Quote from: Giiyom on January 05, 2010, 04:13:05 PM
Is this mod any compatible with 1.1.11?

it appears to be you may have to do some manual edits

Giiyom

Where's the manual instruction for SMF 1.1.x?

All the 1.1 to 1.1.11 version contain nothing.
www.QcStarcraft.com
www.QuebecSF.com
[SMF 1.1.11 / SimplePortal 2.3.1]

adbrad

go to the advanced rep mod page make sure you select this version reputation_1-1-x_0-1-5.zip (38kB) then choose version 1.1.11 from the list and click parse.
first you may want to try downloading the above file and see if it will install through your admin panel editing any files if you have a custom theme

Giiyom

I installed everything with the downloader.
There was a problem with the profile.template file so I edited everything in it from the manual instructions but it's still not working.
I can see the Reputation and everything but there's no images bar or heart.

Anyone can help please?
www.QcStarcraft.com
www.QuebecSF.com

LC

Quote from: Giiyom on January 05, 2010, 08:37:44 PM
I installed everything with the downloader.
There was a problem with the profile.template file so I edited everything in it from the manual instructions but it's still not working.
I can see the Reputation and everything but there's no images bar or heart.

Anyone can help please?
You need to carry over those images from the default theme file and add them into your current theme's images folder.

Giiyom

Just to make sure I understand.
With my custom Theme, if I edit/place in appropriates files:
(smf 1.1.11)

Karma.template.php
Display.template.php
PersonalMessage.template.php
karma.gif
karmaBad_basic.gif
karmaBad_super.gif
karmaGood_basic.gif
karmaGood_super.gif
karma_disabled_basic.gif

and leave everything else like the package manager did it should work?
www.QcStarcraft.com
www.QuebecSF.com

LC

Any files your theme changes from the default theme needs to be edited. Such as index.template.php and style.css

Use the parser on the main mod page to find what files need edited. And yes, the .gif images need to be carried over.

Giiyom

I upload the package and install it..

Then I carry over the images to my Themes/{custom theme}/images folder..

Then I modify all the files from my Themes/{custom theme}/ folder that are in common with the parse..
->Display.template.php
->PersonalMessage.template.php
->Style.css
(there's no index.template.php in the parse)

And that's it? It should work?
www.QcStarcraft.com
www.QuebecSF.com

LC

Quote from: Giiyom on January 05, 2010, 10:54:04 PM
I upload the package and install it..

Then I carry over the images to my Themes/{custom theme}/images folder..

Then I modify all the files from my Themes/{custom theme}/ folder that are in common with the parse..
->Display.template.php
->PersonalMessage.template.php
->Style.css
(there's no index.template.php in the parse)

And that's it? It should work?
Correct. :)

AshleyL

I don't mean to be a nuisance however I have run into a bit of trouble installing this Mod on SMF 1.1.11, does anyone have an suggestions as to how I can get this Mod up and running?

Quote1.     Execute Code     install.php     
2.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Stats.template.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/script.js    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/style.css    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Display.php    Test successful
11.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Karma.php    Test successful
12.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
13.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
14.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageServer.php    Test successful
15.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test successful
16.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Post.php    Test successful
17.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Profile.php    Test successful
18.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/RemoveTopic.php    Test failed
19.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Stats.php    Test successful
20.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Members.php    Test successful
21.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english.php    Test successful
22.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
23.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/index.english.php    Test successful
24.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.english.php    Test successful
25.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php    Test successful
26.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Reports.english.php    Test successful
27.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Stats.english.php    Test successful
28.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
29.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english-utf8.php    Test successful
30.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english-utf8.php    Test successful
31.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php    Test successful
32.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.english-utf8.php    Test successful
33.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english-utf8.php    Test successful
34.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Reports.english-utf8.php    Test successful
35.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Stats.english-utf8.php    Test successful
36.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Test successful
37.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.russian.php    Skipping file
38.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.russian.php    Skipping file
39.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/index.russian.php    Skipping file
40.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.russian.php    Skipping file
41.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.russian.php    Skipping file
42.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Reports.russian.php    Skipping file
43.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Stats.russian.php    Skipping file
44.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.russian.php    Skipping file
45.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.russian-utf8.php    Test successful
46.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.russian-utf8.php    Test successful
47.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/index.russian-utf8.php    Test successful
48.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.russian-utf8.php    Test successful
49.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.russian-utf8.php    Test successful
50.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Reports.russian-utf8.php    Test successful
51.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Stats.russian-utf8.php    Test successful
52.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.russian-utf8.php    Test successful
53.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.spanish_latin.php    File not found
54.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.spanish_latin.php    File not found
55.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/index.spanish_latin.php    File not found
56.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.spanish_latin.php    File not found
57.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.spanish_latin.php    File not found
58.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Reports.spanish_latin.php    File not found
59.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Stats.spanish_latin.php    File not found
60.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish_latin.php    File not found
61.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.spanish_latin.php    File not found
62.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.spanish_latin.php    File not found
63.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/index.spanish_latin.php    File not found
64.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.spanish_latin.php    File not found
65.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.spanish_latin.php    File not found
66.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Reports.spanish_latin.php    File not found
67.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Stats.spanish_latin.php    File not found
68.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish_latin.php    File not found
69.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Karma.template.php    
70.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/karma.gif    
71.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/karmaBad_basic.gif    
72.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/karmaGood_basic.gif    
73.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/karmaBad_super.gif    
74.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/karmaGood_super.gif    
75.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/karma_disabled_basic.gif

adbrad

are you using default theme if so it should install fine, if not you need to manually edit any files in your custom theme

AshleyL

SEEN

2 questions. please help

1. if i install this mod, will the current karma points will not dissapear and will still become rep points?

2. im trying to combine to mod with smf shop. in the shop, theres an item to add karma. will it add the rep if i use this mod?

thank you

adbrad

Quote from: SEEN on January 06, 2010, 09:46:52 AM
2 questions. please help

1. if i install this mod, will the current karma points will not dissapear and will still become rep points?

2. im trying to combine to mod with smf shop. in the shop, theres an item to add karma. will it add the rep if i use this mod?

thank you
i think the answer to both is yes as in only modifies the karma system

Quote from: AshleyL on January 06, 2010, 06:31:16 AM
I am using a customized theme.

in that case you will need to do manual edits for numbers 3-8 if the files are present in your custom theme

Qub1

Could anyone please help with this problem?

I want to reinstall this package and this error shows up upon uninstall:
QuoteTable 'smf.members' doesn't exist
File: C:\webserver\xampp\htdocs\forum\Packages\temp\uninstall.php
Line: 46

I know it isn't right, because it is table smf_members, not smf.members, but how can I fix this?

adbrad

Quote from: Qub1 on January 06, 2010, 03:40:19 PM
Could anyone please help with this problem?

I want to reinstall this package and this error shows up upon uninstall:
QuoteTable 'smf.members' doesn't exist
File: C:\webserver\xampp\htdocs\forum\Packages\temp\uninstall.php
Line: 46

I know it isn't right, because it is table smf_members, not smf.members, but how can I fix this?

firstly why would you want to reinstall it
second i also get this error when i try to uninstall it

Giiyom

I installed everything and it's working fine except that when I agree to someone's post It doesn't seem to add any Rep points at all.
It's only adding points when a user add a new post or thread.

I modified members Permissions and it's on Enabled +/- but nothing
www.QcStarcraft.com
www.QuebecSF.com

LC

Quote from: Giiyom on January 07, 2010, 02:09:25 AM
I installed everything and it's working fine except that when I agree to someone's post It doesn't seem to add any Rep points at all.
It's only adding points when a user add a new post or thread.

I modified members Permissions and it's on Enabled +/- but nothing
Have you enabled the amount given for each "I agree" reps? I think the default gives a small amount. This can be changed in Features and Options->Reputation then
Users gain 1 power for every __ points?
Default 100
Users gain 1 bar image for every __ points?
Default 1000

Giiyom

The Power and Bar image thing is working fine.
The comments system via the heart icon and View my Reputation also.
And if someone post or make a new thread they will earn points.

But if I agree or disagree (heart icon) to someone's post (wich means I want to rep him up or down), this person won't get or lose any points.
www.QcStarcraft.com
www.QuebecSF.com

SEEN

is there a feature that give some amount of rep to all members?

Advertisement: