News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Help Converting MyBB to SMF

Started by ajburnett34, March 27, 2006, 06:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wicked Flea

No, when I tried my standard password it told me it was invalid.  So I tried the password I used for the admin account before the conversion, and it was invalid too.  I then requested a password reset, through the "Forgot Password" link, and then set my password to my standard and all worked well.

JayBachatero

Umm weird.  It must be a hash issue.  For now you can just tell you members to do what you did.  I will need to take a look and see how the converter handles passwords.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

The Wicked Flea

I also just realized that all copied attachments have a filesize of 0.01kb to 0.02kb, although the files exist and the rest works just fine.  I also noticed that the avatars aren't copied, although I'm not sure if you wanted this or not.

Otherwise I've tested almost every aspect of the conversion and it's done just great. ;)

JayBachatero

Can you tell me the names of the files in the attachment folder for MyBB?  Is it like a hash or the real name?
Follow me on Twitter

The Wicked Flea

It seems to be a combination of a hash and a default name, although I only know of alpha-numerical hashes, not a strict numerical one.  Example:

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

The Wicked Flea

No better, still broken attachments.  However, now the sizes are 0kb instead of being 0.01-0.02...

JayBachatero

Can you please email me a copu of the attachments folder for MyBB?  I will give this a shot locally.
Follow me on Twitter

The Wicked Flea

Sure, en route in ~2 minutes.  Anything else I can send to help you out?

JayBachatero

Try this one out.  I tested it and it was working.  Lets see how it goes for you.
Follow me on Twitter

The Wicked Flea

Okiedokie, that worked. :D

By the way, are SMF and MyBB's permission styles compatible?  I noticed that in conversion they aren't carried, and was just wondering if I'll have to reset them all after converting the site.

JayBachatero

Permissions are not converted.  It would be more of a hassle converting them than fixing them afterwards.
Follow me on Twitter

Advertisement: