News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

No problem, I hope they can help. :)

Quote from: babjusi on May 11, 2007, 02:52:42 PM
Quote from: Bigguy on May 11, 2007, 11:32:46 AM
Here are some pre-edited files I have been busy putting together. The musicona theme is not there but some ppl might find these handy:

http://files4.smfhelp.com/

Great work bigguy, they will defenitely come in handy to plenty members, starting from me. Thank you for doing this and sharing with the rest of us

Ricky.

OK..

This is serious.

I have few smf  forums.
I installed this MOD ie. Ad-management & I liked it . I am only running Adsense on the website.

Well , when viewing ad impressions from adsense CP it is showing very less as compared to the stats software like awstats.
For yesterday, awstat is showing 1700 page views ie. impressions but Adsense CP is only showing 96 impressions !!!!!!

Well.. then I thought to verify it with other sites ie. non-smf..
On one such site.. stat software is reporting 1201 impression & other stat software for same is showing 1306 which means that its almost right as only difference is of ~100 impressions . And similarly adsense is also showing something acceptable ie. 1121. So It verified that if you are running adsense on every page then should be near to page impression of the website, even difference of ~100 is accpetable.
But now see the data of
3 smf Forum I am running with Ad-management mod and adsesne.

Forum
Code
Stats
Software
Impression
Adsense
CP reported
impression
Difference
Forum L:12291031126
Forum E:456344121
Forum B:35080270

Here you can see that Forum L is the biggest disaster, it is a high CPC forum  due its nature but No. of impression  in adsesnse CP difference stat software by 1000+ impressions..
Also you can same for FORUM E and Forum B

I even checked the code of the forum which is being delivered, it has right Client ID , correct channel no. .. seems every thing fine.

I have also checked permission properly and are enabled for everyone including GUESTs, though I am not using default theme but have modified custom themes as per mod instructions and ads are properly visible.

Just to make things trasparent, I have installed Google analytic on all the above mentioned website and shall do crosscheck between stats of google analytic & awstat etc. tomorrow and day after tomorrow as google analytic gathers enough data.

PS: I hav tried to provide every info here but still you can ask me for any more..
Also .. just in case if you want to see yourself then boards are :
forum L = http://www.linuxsolved.com/linux-forums
Forum B = http://www.bodybuilding.name
Forum E = http://www.etalkindia.com

Thanx for reading..
As you can see.. I have tried to provide every aspect as I can ..

Are the Ad Management 2.3 can work on new SMF 1.1.2 english-utf8 ?

i have install success but nothing in my admin menu , i haven't see any AD management menu in admin panel ?

anyone can help ? Thanks

babjusi

Quote from: 23570252 on May 13, 2007, 07:10:33 PM

i have install success but nothing in my admin menu , i haven't see any AD management menu in admin panel ?

anyone can help ? Thanks

Are you using a default theme or a custom one

babjusi

Quote from: Bigguy on May 13, 2007, 12:38:27 PM
No problem, I hope they can help. :)

Quote from: babjusi on May 11, 2007, 02:52:42 PM
Quote from: Bigguy on May 11, 2007, 11:32:46 AM
Here are some pre-edited files I have been busy putting together. The musicona theme is not there but some ppl might find these handy:

http://files4.smfhelp.com/

Great work bigguy, they will defenitely come in handy to plenty members, starting from me. Thank you for doing this and sharing with the rest of us

The do help a lot bigguy, thanks again

folkandfaith

I have tried using a "gloabl headers and footers" mod but it doesn't work. Would this do basically the same thing with a banner though just use the html for it? I am on 1.1.2. default. Thanks for any help or replies to this.

babjusi

Quote from: folkandfaith on May 13, 2007, 11:23:37 PM
I have tried using a "gloabl headers and footers" mod but it doesn't work. Would this do basically the same thing with a banner though just use the html for it? I am on 1.1.2. default. Thanks for any help or replies to this.

Yes, that does that and plenty more. It gives you the posibility to place the ads in different aerias of your site

Quote from: babjusi on May 13, 2007, 08:27:17 PM
Quote from: 23570252 on May 13, 2007, 07:10:33 PM

anyone can help ? Thanks

Are you using a default theme or a custom one

I use the default theme , never change any thing , all is new flash .

I have try to install it on other new flash SMF englsih , that is ok . so is it can't work on SMF english utf-8 ? 

paulaskinner

I have this exact problem - what do I do?

Quote from: Bigguy on March 13, 2007, 09:30:05 PM
Is there an usually big space under Themes and layouts ???

paulaskinner

Quote from: paulaskinner on May 15, 2007, 05:42:03 PM

Meaning, I installed the mod, I have a new install of SMF, default theme, and it just isn't showing up under Configuration.  And yes, there is an unusually large space under Themes and Layouts.

Hi All ;

I can confirm that , if install in SMF 1.1.2 English that is ok , Ad Admin Menu can show under Configuration , if install in SMF 1.1.2  english-utf8 , the AD Admin Menu will not come out !

Anyone can help ?

Thanks !

Bigguy

Have you tried adding the edits to the index.english-utf8.php file. ??? or to the Modifications.english-utf8.php to see if that would work. ???

paulaskinner

Quote from: paulaskinner on May 15, 2007, 05:45:45 PM
Quote from: paulaskinner on May 15, 2007, 05:42:03 PM

Meaning, I installed the mod, I have a new install of SMF, default theme, and it just isn't showing up under Configuration.  And yes, there is an unusually large space under Themes and Layouts.
I also tried to click to make all files writeable, but it wouldn't let me change that.  Did anyone manage to fix things so that the ad mod would work with SMF 1.1.2, and be visible under "Configuration"?

Quote from: Bigguy on May 15, 2007, 11:36:30 PM
Have you tried adding the edits to the index.english-utf8.php file. ??? or to the Modifications.english-utf8.php to see if that would work. ???

Thank you Bigguy for your reply help , i am sorry for my poor english !
I don't understand what is "adding the edits" ? If you mean set the permission 
then i have done it , i set all is 777 . Or you mean manual add the code in that files ?

I found that in "/www/forum/Themes/default/languages/" directory , all files have 2 kinds , ons is "xxx.english.php" and the other is "xxx.english-utf8.php" ,
after install AD mod , one of the AD mod file "Ads.english.php" in this directoty , only have "Ads.english.php" and don't have "Ads.english-utf8.php" in this directory .   

I have try create a "Ads.englsih-utf8.php" in utf8 format from the original "Ads.english.php" , then copy it to that directory and install it again ,
the AD mod menu is show out under Configuration , after that i go create one AD ,  the AD only show in the "SMF Default Theme - Core" not in my own "Default Theme" !

Is it possible let the AD show on my own "Default Theme" not in "SMF Default Theme - Core"?

babjusi

This mod works only with the default theme, in order to make it work you have to do some chaanges. Have a look through the other posts in this topic, cause it has been explained many times before

paulaskinner

I AM using the default theme, SMF 1.1.2, it is not displaying in the Configuration menu, but yes, there are large spaces.  I have read through the site but all the explanations seem to pertain to people using other themes. 

paulaskinner

If it was explained somewhere, if you could tell me what page it's on, because I just can't find it.

I AM using the default theme, SMF 1.1.2, it is not displaying in the Configuration menu, but yes, there are large spaces.  I have read through the site but all the explanations seem to pertain to people using other themes.   

babjusi

Quote from: paulaskinner on May 16, 2007, 06:35:45 PM
If it was explained somewhere, if you could tell me what page it's on, because I just can't find it.

Have a look here

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255

dafisher1951

Quote from: paulaskinner on May 16, 2007, 06:35:45 PM

Well that want much help was it. I think my problem is because of the theme I am using, but it is difficult to get any real help on it.  I think we both almost have. Hopefully someone will point us in the right direction for the key.

This is the error message I am getting now

Table 'dafisher_engforum.dafisher_ads' doesn't exist
File: /home/dafisher/public_html/chaospot/Sources/LoadAds.php
Line: 33
If I remove the loadads file I get this message

8: Undefined index: ad_management
File: /home/dafisher/public_html/chaospot/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2739

cambler

So correct me if I'm wrong - I'm using Dilber MC as my theme. After installing and setting "show ad" permissions on my groups, I can see the ad as the 2nd post in any given topic, but all other ad placements (the various checkboxes for below the menu, at the bottom, etc.) don't show up. All of the admin functionality seems to be there and working nicely.

This is, if I understand correctly, because my theme (Dilber MC) wasn't patched, nor should it have been.

That said, then - how do I figure out what patches need to be applied to the theme's files and get that done, myself? I'd be happy to make those changes available to anyone else using Dilber MC if that would be helpful. I just need to figure out what's changed and how to apply it, myself.

Advertisement: