Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KirkhamsEbooks

Nothing at all is happening

It's as though it never loaded. Found a bunch of errors in the log as it tried to install. Using 1.1.5. Forum installed Fantastico

Rick

callteg4

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on August 29, 2008, 12:06:12 AM
Quote from: callteg4 on August 28, 2008, 05:17:46 AM
Forgive me for being a newbie but I deleted my themes index.template and the ad managment works lol changes my theme a little but it works however i have but it back on now

You need to manually edit your theme's index.template.php file. Shouden't be too difficult. Attach your index.template.php and I'll walk it through you.

Quote from: KirkhamsEbooks on August 28, 2008, 01:12:48 PM
I never put up a theme and it still doesn't work for me

Rick

Can you be a bit more descriptive? What problem are you having? Is the mod working on the default theme? As I said before-- you need to edit custom themes in order for this work correctly.

Quote from: kromonos on August 28, 2008, 07:30:07 PM
How do I use it with babylon theme? Please help ..

You need to, once again, edit your custom theme for this mod to work. :)

Thank you

callteg4

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on August 29, 2008, 12:06:12 AM
Quote from: callteg4 on August 28, 2008, 05:17:46 AM
Forgive me for being a newbie but I deleted my themes index.template and the ad managment works lol changes my theme a little but it works however i have but it back on now

You need to manually edit your theme's index.template.php file. Shouden't be too difficult. Attach your index.template.php and I'll walk it through you.

Quote from: KirkhamsEbooks on August 28, 2008, 01:12:48 PM
I never put up a theme and it still doesn't work for me

Rick

Can you be a bit more descriptive? What problem are you having? Is the mod working on the default theme? As I said before-- you need to edit custom themes in order for this work correctly.

Quote from: kromonos on August 28, 2008, 07:30:07 PM
How do I use it with babylon theme? Please help ..

You need to, once again, edit your custom theme for this mod to work. :)

Thank you

learjet45

Strange issues with ad management mod now.
Google ads was being stupid and didnt want to work. I finally get an email saying I have ads now. I went to reinstall the mod, and the test for the ./Themes/default/Display.template.php failed. I didnt have any issues before. Changing permissions didnt help like it did last time. Any ideas?
Attached is a copy of the current display.template.php

Sudhakar Arjunan

Hi,

Any updates to my previous post.

Its a simple one, i have to stop ads for Global Moderators and Moderators.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=68632.msg1661473#msg1661473
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

ronboy

where do you go to install different mod's?  like    ad_mod_rc2_v1-4.zip

ronboy

or i guess i need a updated verison of ad management.  i got the first one downloaded, but it doesn't work. 

Bigguy

@ asudhakar: Look at permissions.

@ ronboy: Download the most recent version from the mod site here and upload it through the package manager in the admin panel. :)

ronboy

Ok, I'm there but where on that page is the updates.  i can't get this thing to work for nothing in the world.  I'm at the point of total big down.  Someone walk me threw this.

ronboy

haiwasnm

I want to make ads there like this

How can I to do ?

thanks anybody!

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: asudhakar on August 30, 2008, 12:08:36 AM
Hi,

Any updates to my previous post.

Its a simple one, i have to stop ads for Global Moderators and Moderators.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=68632.msg1661473#msg1661473

Quote from: Bigguy on August 31, 2008, 04:40:59 AM
@ asudhakar: Look at permissions.

I have checked my forum , and i could not assign the disable ad to the moderators.

midas

I had problems getting the Ad Mod's admin config button to show (not unique to this mod) in SMF 1.1.5.  To resolve the problem I changed my forums' language settings (Server Settings/Core Config) to English (i.e not UTF8).

Before realising the fault's cause, I read many forum requests from people with the same problem.  Perhaps others can use the same fix (worked for all my forums and caused other mods' buttons to show).
Would be nice to get some traffic around here...

JournalXtra
121GuitarLessons.com

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: midas on September 01, 2008, 03:26:39 PM
I had problems getting the Ad Mod's admin config button to show (not unique to this mod) in SMF 1.1.5.  To resolve the problem I changed my forums' language settings (Server Settings/Core Config) to English (i.e not UTF8).

Before realising the fault's cause, I read many forum requests from people with the same problem.  Perhaps others can use the same fix (worked for all my forums and caused other mods' buttons to show).

http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=1802.0

Sudhakar Arjunan

I am really sorry.

I dont have any replies to my post.

Hi CCBtimewiz could you help me.

I want to remove ads for my moderators and global moderators.

Have tried adding permission to moderators - i mean the enable ads permission. It shows the value in phpmyadmin and no such link in the forum permissions page.

How to stop ads for global moderators and moderators.

Ozman69

Tried doing a manual edit to my theme (Blues Mega Color) according to SMF Package Parser and all was going well until I got to editing Display.template.php.  I found all of the places to enter the new data but I was getting a parse error after saving the changes.  The error had to do with the last line which makes no real sense to me as it is just ?>

Wondering if someone could look at my file to see if anything obvious sticks out.

Oz

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: Ozman69 on September 03, 2008, 07:32:03 PM
Tried doing a manual edit to my theme (Blues Mega Color) according to SMF Package Parser and all was going well until I got to editing Display.template.php.  I found all of the places to enter the new data but I was getting a parse error after saving the changes.  The error had to do with the last line which makes no real sense to me as it is just ?>

Wondering if someone could look at my file to see if anything obvious sticks out.

Oz

You forgot the "}" marks. 3 of them. Recheck your code and make sure you manually edited correctly. :)

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Can anyone do the edits for my index.template.php ? I am not able to find codes and also am causing some errors. I have some codes already added in but yet please can anyone do it for me ? I would attach it in my next post if anyone would help me out.

Thank you.

Ozman69

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on September 03, 2008, 07:36:32 PM
Quote from: Ozman69 on September 03, 2008, 07:32:03 PM

Oz

You forgot the "}" marks. 3 of them. Recheck your code and make sure you manually edited correctly. :)

I must be either tired or blind.  Still can't see where I missed any }'s.

Oz

MrMusic

Hi, great Mod. Here is my question:

I am currently using the Movies07 Mod. I would like to use this Ad Management Mod on this site. I have read here that you need to do some manual changes to Modded themes.

What changes am I going to need to do to get this to work right?
And which version should I use to get the most versatility?

Thank you for your time. Please give answer in detail as I need to be sure what I am doing.

Thanks again!

Advertisement: