Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sudhakar Arjunan

I dont have any replies to my post.

Hi CCBtimewiz could you help me.

I want to remove ads for my moderators and global moderators.

Have tried adding permission to moderators - i mean the enable ads permission. It shows the value in phpmyadmin and no such link in the forum permissions page.

How to stop ads for global moderators and moderators.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Ozman69

Quote from: Ozman69 on September 03, 2008, 07:53:56 PM
Quote from: ccbtimewiz on September 03, 2008, 07:36:32 PM
Quote from: Ozman69 on September 03, 2008, 07:32:03 PM
Tried doing a manual edit to my theme (Blues Mega Color) according to SMF Package Parser and all was going well until I got to editing Display.template.php.  I found all of the places to enter the new data but I was getting a parse error after saving the changes.  The error had to do with the last line which makes no real sense to me as it is just ?>

Never did really figure out where I was missing those, so I managed to kind of cheat my way through it.   I uninstalled the mod and I took the two files that I couldn't get the modifications to work on and copied those to my default theme folder and then reinstalled the mod.  It modified the non-default themes files and so I just copied those back over to the other themes folder and all is well.  Mod works great again now.

Oz
Wondering if someone could look at my file to see if anything obvious sticks out.

Oz

You forgot the "}" marks. 3 of them. Recheck your code and make sure you manually edited correctly. :)

I must be either tired or blind.  Still can't see where I missed any }'s.

Oz

Faevilangel

trying to install this mod on a new install of the beta package

i get error
QuoteAt least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

i have one error ...... Add After  ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test failed

do i need to do a manual install on this ?
I am available for theme work, pm me for info

mrbolsonator

I am a newbie at loading mods

I put all the codes in and files except the queries because I have no idea where they go. i have smf 1.1.5 if that makes a difference

Table 'fuelcraz_smf1.smf_ads' doesn't exist
File: /home2/fuelcraz/public_html/Sources/LoadAds.php
Line: 33

i get that error and my site is not accessible. what should i do?

http://fuelcrazyamerica.com/

learjet45

Were you trying a manual install?

zZzMichel

Hey, I have no clue how to setup this, I extracted all the files, uploaded to the server trying to go in to install.php and I always get this message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: db_query() in /home/*****/domains/******/public_html/forum/install.php on line 6

Can I have a quick tut how to install it?

thank you

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: F.L.A.M.E.R on September 03, 2008, 07:53:19 PM
Can anyone do the edits for my index.template.php ? I am not able to find codes and also am causing some errors. I have some codes already added in but yet please can anyone do it for me ? I would attach it in my next post if anyone would help me out.

Thank you.

mrbolsonator

Quote from: learjet45 on September 07, 2008, 10:49:58 AM
Were you trying a manual install?

That is all i know how to do, is there an easier way to install mods?

learjet45

Under the admin control panel under 'Main', click on packages. Then under packages, go to 'Download Packages', and then upload the package and apply the mod.

unformatted_

Hi!

It's possible to place the google ad underneath the "Jump to:" box. It's after the messages and tools fro reply, navigate, etc...but not in all bottom of page.
Bacause I have the related post mod, and I wan't to put the ad just before this mod place.

crustybum

I wonder if anyone can remove the duplicate code that is causing this , for me:
see attached: the first one is a snapshot of my admin that shows it duplicated and in the forum the google ads are duplicated as well.

Have attached the index.template.php file as well....i am presuming its that one.. :-\

Many thanks

Chris

kosty555

Hi!!! Thanks 4 mod! When there will be a version for 2 beta 4?
World Celebs [nofollow]

MultiformeIngegno

Mmh.. this MOD doensn't work with Beta 4...
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

unformatted_

manythanks, works perfect!

mrbolsonator

so i have google adsense and i want to install this code at the bottom of my site, how do i do this with this mod?

www.fuelcrazyamerica.com

Quote<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-8554768181020902";
/* Bottom Adds */
google_ad_slot = "2928158641";
google_ad_width = 728;
google_ad_height = 90;
//-->
</script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

netco

we are waiting new version for beta 4 ?
There is no need to think or choose . just smf

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: mrbolsonator on September 09, 2008, 01:48:36 AM
so i have google adsense and i want to install this code at the bottom of my site, how do i do this with this mod?
And I'd like to add it to the header (right)...
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

mrbolsonator

Quote from: mrbolsonator on September 09, 2008, 01:48:36 AM

www.fuelcrazyamerica.com

Quote<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-8554768181020902";
/* Bottom Adds */
google_ad_slot = "2928158641";
google_ad_width = 728;
google_ad_height = 90;
//-->
</script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

Sorry I guess I wasn't clear. So I have been reading more and I beleive my problem is that I cannot see the link to this mod on my Configuration screen in the admin center. There is no way for me to install adds or edit anything without it. I am using 1.1.6 now. All I see is an extra space under Thems and Layout.

mrbolsonator

problem somehow miraculously fixed? awesome!!

new problem is people cannot see the ads on my site
www.fuelcrazyamerica.com

yet i can as the admin, what is wrong?

Advertisement: