News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Well of course it doe that.   That is displaying EXACTLY as intended. If the code isin there once, the ad displays once, regardless of the page length. If the code is in there three times, it displays three times...  And yes, for a shorter page, this will push down the footer, because it has to display all three...      What behavior did you expect? .???
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dooodle

Sorry to say I expected that there would be some option to auto adjust, now its clear there is no such option. thank you brother.....

Kat9119

Quote from: Kat9119 on July 13, 2011, 01:22:45 PM
Ok, so I've had version 2.3  installed for over a year...all the sudden in the last week or two ads would never load. Then they did, and now sometimes if you go into an area with the ads they take forever to load (as you can see it trying to load in the status bar) but then they never load. Today they seem to load fine.

Just curious if this is a known issue all the sudden or if it could be google, or if an update is needed or what. I'd rather not upgrade if I don't have to, I have way too many other things to deal with. I'm running 1.1.14

I just wanted to update this, and say I notice its happening with ALL ads, not just google. But Sideshow Collectibles & Amazon...so basically ALL ads displayed with this mod...

Someone mentioned that it could be the hosting...do you know what hosting company your friend had issues with? I'm using HostGator

TheChief60

In 2.0RC3, Ad Management would put "Display ads on every page right below the menu" directly below the menu.

Now, with the upgrade to 2.0GOLD, it's placing it lower, under a <hr> and the forum nav links. Others have reported this...is there a fix yet?

It is reported on page 310 of this thread. Thx in advance for your help.

vbgamer45

That is where it is shown now in 2.0
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

it's not "broken", so there is no "fix"....   it got moved because of the changes to the templates...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rmvalues

when i tried install, i got this test failed

when i continue the install process, this error happened :

Database Error
ERROR: syntax error at or near "NOT"
LINE 2: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS forum_smf_ads (
^
File: /home/www/rmvalues.com/forum/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 51

========================

i run smf 2.0
database pgsql
original theme
mod installed : google plus to post / Google: Adsense for Search and Custom Search Integration V1.2 - Works with RC3! / Facebook and Twitter Sharer

thank you.

Topman

I want to do two things:

1) I want to be able to display more than one ad in a location for example the welcome area.
I have tried putting twosets of html ad code in the add ad box but this only puts one above the other.  I woudl like them side by side.

2) Is there anyway of changing the positions of the ads?  Welcome area start from right, under menu start from left.  can they be set to be centarlly located?

vbgamer45

Quote from: rmvalues on July 30, 2011, 01:15:43 AM
when i tried install, i got this test failed

when i continue the install process, this error happened :

Database Error
ERROR: syntax error at or near "NOT"
LINE 2: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS forum_smf_ads (
^
File: /home/www/rmvalues.com/forum/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 51

========================

i run smf 2.0
database pgsql
original theme
mod installed : google plus to post / Google: Adsense for Search and Custom Search Integration V1.2 - Works with RC3! / Facebook and Twitter Sharer

thank you.
psql not supported
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Quote from: topman on July 30, 2011, 05:04:13 AM
I want to do two things:

1) I want to be able to display more than one ad in a location for example the welcome area.
I have tried putting twosets of html ad code in the add ad box but this only puts one above the other.  I woudl like them side by side.

2) Is there anyway of changing the positions of the ads?  Welcome area start from right, under menu start from left.  can they be set to be centarlly located?

1. You can do using html code to form a table to have them side by side or underneath

2. If you modify the template edits themselves you can move them around where you need them to be.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

luuuciano

Quote from: topman on July 30, 2011, 05:04:13 AM
I want to do two things:

css is your friend
div, float, left right, text-align center, etc
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

imaxorz

I installed Ad Management 3.0.1 after upgrading to SMF 2.0 however I can't seem to find the any of the Ad Management options anywhere in the menu.

Am I missing something?

Pentaxian

Two separate items.
1. I can't register at www.smfads.com. I fill in or leave open all the required fields, agree with the conditions and when I click on Register: nothing happens.

2. One week ago I installed version 3.0.1 on my 2.0 SMF forum. Installation OK, no problems. Placing ads, no problem. Enabled ads everywhere. Then made a new member group with paid subscriptions. Goal was to offer a ad free subscription, so ads enabler ticked off for this group. SMF gives these members now this new member group as primary group and their original, post based member group, as secondary group. They see still ads, I presume on basis of their post based group. The ads are placed within topics as second post.
Am I doing something wrong or more to the point: is there a solution to make this member group ad free?

Pentaxian

Everybody away for holiday?

TheChief60

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 29, 2011, 12:48:41 PM
That is where it is shown now in 2.0
Ok, thanks for the reply.

AllanD

I have a quick question/problem.
For some reason on the bottom of the index board it has 2 smf ads copyright link.How can i remove 1 of them?
http;//mympz.com
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

vbgamer45

What SMF version i think they are in Sources/QueryString.php

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

AllanD

sorry 2.0 final it was working fine until i editted something in the index.css then it doubled.
KnD Hosting

AllanD

vb how would i be able to fix this.
KnD Hosting

vbgamer45

Attach that file and I can check it out.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: