Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

how did you install it?   Because however you installed, the database portion did not get created.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

seanforney

I followed the instructions and used the zip file.   Is there a way to fix this or a quick fix?

Kindred

you followed the instructions?

That did not answer my question.
Did you use the package manager to install the mod or did you install it manually by editing the php files yourself?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: seanforney on January 30, 2013, 01:09:51 AM
Need help, i just downloaded this onto my forum, and Im getting this error:

Table 'hal1302908214615.smf_ads' doesn't exist
File: D:\hosting\10410639\html\Sources\LoadAds.php
Line: 51

It will not let me do anything now?  Can anyone help?

Thank you kindly in advance.

just guessing but could try going to line 51 of indicated file and remove the "D:" on the front of that url
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

I've just noticed a problem with certain ads not displaying within posts like they were doing before and can't seem to figure out what the trouble is, the Google ones and Facebook ones work fine, but any manually set & locally stored images will not display
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

vbgamer45

Do you have a link to the area where it is not working? I would like to see a manual banner placement.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 02, 2013, 11:40:27 PM
Do you have a link to the area where it is not working? I would like to see a manual banner placement.

there are suppose to be locally stored img banners displayed on replies 2,3,4 of this thread, it was working before

http://www.gracecentered.com/christian_forums/chat-with-moderators/liking-a-post-or-thread/

It would be really handy to have a small "preview" of the ad display while editing or adding
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 03, 2013, 12:23:15 AM
Your ad image url is wrong you have
http://www.gracecentered.com/public_html/old-images/heaven_ad.gif
Should be
http://www.gracecentered.com/old-images/heaven_ad.gif

Ok, changing the url worked for getting the image to display for that one, now look at this thread and see that there are a few more posts than the other one so I can show you that there is still a problem somewhere whether my fault or yours, the ad we just edited shows up on reply #4 where the admin setting is for post number 5, so your telling me that the original post is post #1?

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

vbgamer45

I only see one blank spot now and it is a google ad. That can occur if there are no more ads that google wants to show for that content and or you have too many of the same element type for google.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Westwegoman

Is it possible to make only the ad show up between post without showing the forum name and the other buttons such as quote, modify, remove and split topic?

Thanks in advance.

Nevermind...

Just noticed that there is a setting for this :o

vbgamer45

Good to know I forgot about that setting!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

chereneb

Can somebody please help me with the code to add .swf file?

SD-X

Quote from: chereneb on February 27, 2013, 02:42:41 AM
Can somebody please help me with the code to add .swf file?
I believe you can use basic HTML in the ad code box.

chereneb

And what is that code? Where can I find it?

SD-X

Quote from: chereneb on February 27, 2013, 02:53:16 AM
And what is that code? Where can I find it?
Try searching online for "display flash objects with HTML". Here is one example:
http://www.tizag.com/flashTutorial/flashhtmlcode.php

atticuk

I had this mod installed on an earlier version of smf and it worked great. I've since up graded to version 2.0.4. Looking on the downloads it says that it is compatible with version 2.0.4 but when I click on the parse button it shows that: Sorry, but this modification does not appear to be compatible with the selected version.

Is there a zip file available that can be downloaded which will allow the 'Package Manager' to install it? If not are there plans to have this available soon?

vbgamer45

Make sure you download the 2.0 version of the mod on the mod site it should work for all SMF 2.0.x versions

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SD-X

Quote from: atticuk on February 28, 2013, 06:23:34 PM
I had this mod installed on an earlier version of smf and it worked great. I've since up graded to version 2.0.4. Looking on the downloads it says that it is compatible with version 2.0.4 but when I click on the parse button it shows that: Sorry, but this modification does not appear to be compatible with the selected version.

Is there a zip file available that can be downloaded which will allow the 'Package Manager' to install it? If not are there plans to have this available soon?
The file will upload fine into the Package Manager, and install into SMF 2.0.4 through it perfectly. If you are having issues, your downloaded copy of the package may be corrupt, or you have mods on your forum that are conflicting with it.

atticuk

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 28, 2013, 06:31:11 PM
Make sure you download the 2.0 version of the mod on the mod site it should work for all SMF 2.0.x versions

Thanks for your replies. I went to what I think is the site to download version 2.0.x and I can't see where the ad management mod is? Would you post a link please?

Advertisement: