News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlbenson

I've had it installed working perfectly on 1.1.2

You need to download it and add 1.1.2 in the package-info.xml to the versions it supports or use the emulate method.

djpubba

Got it to work by manually uploading it to my packages folder (took a couple tries).

Does this mod work with the Classic yabbse or Babylon themes? It doesn't seem to.

babjusi

Quote from: djpubba on February 22, 2007, 02:25:57 PM
Got it to work by manually uploading it to my packages folder (took a couple tries).

Does this mod work with the Classic yabbse or Babylon themes? It doesn't seem to.

This mod works only with the default theme. To be able to use it with a custom theme, you need to change a few things

goitalone

I notcied mine works now after I went in to edit it manually.

Only one place ads don't work though still, and thats is on the index board..it only shows one ad there inbetween the catagories, not two. I don't feel like going in again to try fix it though.

ferrazf

What do I have to modify in order to install this mod to a custom SMF Theme? I have checked the install.xml file and it is full of code which I am not sure how to interpret.

Let me see if I get this right:

Quote- <file name="$boarddir/index.php">
- <operation>
- <search position="before">
- <![CDATA[       'trackip' => array('Profile.php', 'trackIP'),
  ]]>
  </search>
- <add>
- <![CDATA[       'admod' => array('Ads.php', 'Ads'),
  ]]>
  </add>
  </operation>

The above is telling me to go to index.php in my current forum template's folder, search for the existing line "'trackip' => array('Profile.php', 'trackIP'", then add BEFORE it the line, "'admod' => array('Ads.php', 'Ads'"

So in my file I should end up with:
'admod' => array('Ads.php', 'Ads')
'trackip' => array('Profile.php', 'trackIP')

Is that correct?
Thanks!

Bigguy

Go to www.smfads.com and look in the theme support board. I have written all the edits out there.

ferrazf

Bigguy,

Thanks for the help
I have posted on your forums about the install. I am having a few other problems.. I'd appreciate it if you could take a quick look..Thanks

Bigguy

I put a quick answer over at Jerm's site www.smfads.com

ictus

The ads don't always appear, sometimes you have to logon to see them, and some of my members can never see them.

I'm using a slightly moded default theme.

the problem occours at work (firewalled) and for some members not behind a firewall, any ideas?

Bigguy

Have you set all permissions for all the different usergroups. ;)

perplexed

Quote from: ictus on February 25, 2007, 05:15:41 AM
The ads don't always appear, sometimes you have to logon to see them, and some of my members can never see them.

the problem occours at work (firewalled) and for some members not behind a firewall, any ideas?

would it be affected by anti pop-up / ad-blocking software at work etc

TEOC2

Quote from: perplexed on February 25, 2007, 06:26:06 AM
Quote from: ictus on February 25, 2007, 05:15:41 AM

would it be affected by anti pop-up / ad-blocking software at work etc

I had this problem, it was AdblockPro in Firefox causing it, i disbled it on my forum and the ads appeared.

ArmaanMagic

I m using Adsense codes.

It does appear for Administrators , but NOT for other members !

Can you please tell me what to do now?

My current theme is , Enterprise by Bloc

ArmaanMagic

And here i did this all...

QuotePermissions

Just like in the previous versions, you can have permissions on who is able to view the ads. By default everyone views the ads. To deny users from viewing ads, you go into Admin > Permissions > Modify (the group you want to change the permission for).

But after that unable to do / find this option "Enable Ads" where it is particularly tell me plz?

QuoteYou then look for the title "Enable ads" and either disallow or allow the ad code to display.

goitalone

Ad Managment near the top? Is this what you are asking about? (See Pic)

http://infotipper.com/banners.html

babjusi

Quote from: ArmaanMagic on February 25, 2007, 10:40:32 AM
And here i did this all...

QuotePermissions

Just like in the previous versions, you can have permissions on who is able to view the ads. By default everyone views the ads. To deny users from viewing ads, you go into Admin > Permissions > Modify (the group you want to change the permission for).

But after that unable to do / find this option "Enable Ads" where it is particularly tell me plz?

QuoteYou then look for the title "Enable ads" and either disallow or allow the ad code to display.

You can find that at Permissions at the admin''s panel in your forum. There you can set the permission for every memebergroup that you want to see the ads or not

ArmaanMagic

Quote from: goitalone on February 25, 2007, 01:59:11 PM

http://infotipper.com/banners.html [nofollow]

Thanks, Itz clear now.

But unfortunately , dont know why , at admin panel > permission> I have not that Ad Management enable option !  Not in default theme also.

babjusi

Quote from: ArmaanMagic on February 26, 2007, 11:19:39 AM
Quote from: goitalone on February 25, 2007, 01:59:11 PM

http://infotipper.com/banners.html

Thanks, Itz clear now.

But unfortunately , dont know why , at admin panel > permission> I have not that Ad Management enable option !  Not in default theme also.

It should be shown there if you have installed the mod properly. When you set the permissions globally for each membergroup you must have it on the right side, somewhere there, near the top. It says: ''enable ads''. There you can check the small box next to it if you want the ads to be shown to a certain memebergroup and if you don''t want the ads to be shown to that particular membergroup, leave the small box unchecked. Hope this helps

goitalone

Yeah, might want to check and see if it is installed correctly if you don't see an option for it.

Remember, you have to click MODIFY for EACH GROUP for the ENABLE ADS checkbox!

ictus

Permisions...!!!!!

such a newbie answer, thanks...

Advertisement: