News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Mybb to SMF problem :(

Started by lolauk, August 26, 2007, 08:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lolauk

Hi there,
I have finally decided to move my board from mybb to smf, i have added the converter and put in the correct paths to the two softwares but i get this error

QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of MyBulletinBoard 1.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'alterna_smf'@'localhost' for table 'mybb_users'

my original forum was /forums but i changed it over to the root directory but i have tried both these locations and it doesnt work, can someone help me?

babjusi

That error means that smf has no access to the database of the mybb forum. For the conversion to work, smf must be installed on the same database as the mybb forum or at least the smf mysql user must be given full access and permission to the mybb database.

For more info on the subject, please read through the doc''s section of converting

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?board=4.0;sort=subject

lolauk

so do u mean that my database user and database that i seperately created for smf wont work but i can put the smf user and mybb database together and it should be sorted?

babjusi

Quote from: lolauk on August 26, 2007, 10:32:16 AM
so do u mean that my database user and database that i seperately created for smf wont work but i can put the smf user and mybb database together and it should be sorted?

As I said above, for the conversion to work, smf must have access to the database of the mybb forum. That can be accomplished in 2 ways. One, install smf in the same database as the mybb forum or two, at least the smf mysql user must be given full access and permission to the mybb database.

P.s. Did you read at the link I provided above?

babjusi

@lolauk, how is the conversion going?

Advertisement: