News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Bakers Dozen Pages

Started by Deprecated, October 31, 2008, 11:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixelita

I'm working on a modified version of the Post It SMF Theme here:
hxxp:autismforum.pixelita.net [nonactive]

I modified the theme template to place the link to the Baker's Dozen Pages "Page" (in my case called "Menu") in the top nav.  Works just fine. The ONLY issue I have -- and this is something the mod developer should consider in any event -- is the HARD CODED style within the mod itself which causes the following code to be rendered:

<div class="tborder" style="margin-top: 1ex;">

Styles should be left to the stylesheet; not hard-coded into the template.  The site would look perfect BUT FOR this piece of styling code.  I tried modifying the template, and rezipping the entire distro, but when I tried to install that modified zip file, SMF bellyached that the file was corrupted.  Any workarounds?  I mean, if you just put a STYLE HOOK there, then folks could adjust it as they need.  :)

Thanks.
Pixelita Designs LLC
~~One out of many, but one that matters
hxxp:www.pixelita.com [nonactive]

HunterP

Can't you mod this into :

<div class="tborder" id="pages">

or so?

kingkingston

Works on 2.0 if anyone was wondering

mabley

Yup, working fine in 2.0.1

QUESTION:  Any idea on how to get the pages to show up in a drop-down from the nav menu?

studiowi33

How can I change the page title colors. They presently use:
/* Sometimes there will be an error when you post */
.error
{
color: red;
...unless of course, this is an actual error.

Any ideas?

Thanks as per usual.

-s.w
SMF 2.0.2

TheListener

tHave you tried replacing red with another colour?

studiowi33

Quote from: Brack1 on November 26, 2011, 06:00:34 PM
tHave you tried replacing red with another colour?
I can't find the page. (I know there's a bad joke in there somewhere.) All I can locate is a /Sources/DozenPages.php and a /Themes/default/DozenPages.template.php.

If you're asking me if I altered the .error CSS, then no, I haven't. I notice also that my "The Rules" mod uses the same .error CSS for the page(s) title that that mod creates.

If you have further instruction, I'll gladly cooperate.

-s.w
SMF 2.0.2

Chalky

I have installed this, but because I already have the Menu Editor Lite mod installed, I am not seeing the new tab on the top.  Please can you tell me what the URL of the tab and pages would be, in order to add the button manually.  Thank you :)

Deprecated

This modification is scheduled for updating within the next few days. Please let me know if you have any issues that I must address.

avguste

I am using the Dozen Pages mod on my site. Although the first page I entered works well, it seems some of the pages are bugged and dont save/keep the text I input. Anyone has encountered such a problem before? Any solutions?

Thank you very much

Deprecated

Try to update your pages with simple material to make sure it isn't your content itself that is causing the problems.

Also note this mod has not beeen updated to use the new integration hooks yet, although I doubt that is your problem.

Grammy

I have a question about page content, Deprecated.

I want to put a news widget on my page.   

I know you said to enclose all HTML with BBC HTML tags. If I do use the BBC HTML tags and put the widget info between them, nothing shows up on the page.  However (and here's the odd part) if I go to Admin-->News and Newsletters and paste that same exact code into the news text field, enclosed in the BBC HTML tags, it does show up on the forum's news area. The code below is exactly how I pasted it onto the new page, which doesn't show.  It's also exactly how I pasted it into News, which does.

Should I add some sort of extra tags around the CSS and Javascript?  I would think that since it's viewable on SMF's News feature, it should be viewable on the page, if I could just sort it.   :-\

[html]<!--start news gadget -->
<style type="text/css">
#bm1465081170754 div.bmfeedItem{margin-bottom:1em;overflow:hidden;zoom:1}
#bm1465081170754 img{float:left;margin-right:5px;}
#bm1465081170754 div > p:first-child{margin-top:0}
#bm1465081170754 div > p:last-child{margin-bottom:0}
</style><script type="text/javascript" id="bm1465081170754_scr">
(function(){
var id="bm1465081170754",d=document.createElement("div");d.id=id;
var me=document.getElementById(id+"_scr");me.parentNode.insertBefore(d,me);
var s=document.createElement("script");s.type="text/javascript";s.charset="utf-8";
s.src="http://www.cstnews.com/bm~feed.js?12-90;count=5;desc=1;image=1;target=;id=bm1465081170754";
setTimeout(function(){d.appendChild(s);d=me=s=null;},1);})();
</script>
<!--end news gadget -->[/html]

SMF 2.0.11 default   No errors

Tiribulus

The code is too complex for the baker's dozen mod. Why not just post it as the news box?

Also,. don't mistake me for somebody who has any expertise in web coding. I have some experience getting this stuff to work from several years ago, but even then it was with the help of the folks around here. I'm just trying to be helpful if possible.

Grammy

Quote from: Tiribulus on June 05, 2016, 10:43:42 PM
The code is too complex for the baker's dozen mod. Why not just post it as the news box?

Also,. don't mistake me for somebody who has any expertise in web coding. I have some experience getting this stuff to work from several years ago, but even then it was with the help of the folks around here. I'm just trying to be helpful if possible.

Well...   I did have it in the news box at first, but it's so large that it pushed the forum way down.  I've been thinking of making a new page with SimplePortal but, again, it's not showing up.  I guess I'm just curious as to why SMF's News feature allows it to show, just by sandwiching the code between two BBC HTML tags but SMF mods don't?  It's  real head-scratcher.   :-[

Tiribulus

Well, like I say, I'm no expert, but I know a mod doesn't necessarily have the same code rendering capability as SMF itself depending on how it's written.

Grammy

Quote from: Tiribulus on June 07, 2016, 12:02:17 AM
Well, like I say, I'm no expert, but I know a mod doesn't necessarily have the same code rendering capability as SMF itself depending on how it's written.

I finally ended up making a new page in SimplePortal and pasting the code in there.  I didn't need any tags other than what's in the widget itself.  It doesn't show up on Preview, but it does render correctly when you create the page.  Then I put a button on the menu that links directly to the page and Bob's Your Uncle!   :D

Thanks, Tiribulus.   :)

Tiribulus

JF3000

Installing on default theme I get an error on the ./Sources/Admin.php

Deprecated

Can't help you. The mod wasn't designed to be compatible with HTML BBcode tags. As previously said, use News.

----

QuoteInstalling on default theme I get an error on the ./Sources/Admin.php

Likely another mod package stepped on the search key.

Never install a mod if you get an error indication before you hit install.

To fix this it either requires more expertise than you have or more patience than I have. My mods do not step on search keys.

Even then, the way that old mods work (pre-hook), mods are sensitive to order of installation and often cause conflicts, either during installation or removal.

I'll be going 100% hook based mods when SMF 2.1 stable is released.

uamsameter

hello people,
I assume that this mod is meant to allow me add extra tabs to my menu.
I uploaded and installed it but no menu tab is showing.

I got one test failed error while installing.

does anybody have help for me?
Wandering is free. Certainty has a price.

Advertisement: