News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

From proboards to SMF ... possible ?

Started by peluche, September 27, 2005, 11:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peluche

A friend of mine currently has a progressive rock music forum running under 'proboards'. I'm not really familiar with this software, but when he saw my SMF board he was gutted - I have lots of lovely features that he hasn't got (view posts since last visit, backups, user groups, packages, etc, etc). His thing is also full of advertising ... blaaggh   >:(

He's upgraded his server to run an SQL database and is prepared to install SMF ... however, is there any method of getting his few hundred users (usernames, profile info, etc) from proboards into SMF ?

Any help greatly appreciated !!
Thanks, Chris

dtm.exe

You're using the free version of ProBoards?  Then no, probably not, I'm afraid.

peluche

Yes, I think he's using the free version ... due to the amount of ads and 'click here to make this board ad-free' messages etc   ;D

Oldiesmann

The only way to convert would be to manually enter the data in SMF, but that would be a pain...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ExistenZ

oh my word! that scares me! I remember i used to use proboards, but i didn't last very long.
Regards,
Andre

Oldiesmann

I registered for a board on proboards last night, and am amazed how fancy they are now. I had to activate my account after registering, and after that happened I still had to wait for an admin to approve my account. Really annoying (I plan to talk to the board owner about that too).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ExistenZ

I didn't know they do THAT now...that is really wierd. How long did you wait? How are the features?
Regards,
Andre

Oldiesmann

I'm still waiting for approval apparently...

* Oldiesmann goes to get on their case about that
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

peluche

I have to admit, the board works quite nicely ...

However, it's annoying not to have 'show unread since last visit'   ;D

Advertisement: