News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Notify me not working

Started by ceekay27, December 01, 2017, 07:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceekay27

Since I have updated to 2.0.15 a couple of members have mentioned that they are now not getting emails to notify them when their topics are being replied to.
They have all the correct settings in their profile. And they are checking the 'notify' box at the top of the post. I'm not sure if this is related to the update, but just wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction to fix this please?

vbgamer45

It could be going to their junk/spam/bulk folder.
Find out what isp their email is such as yahoo/hotmail/gmail
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ceekay27

Yeah I'll ask, but it was all working fine up until a few days ago, so I doubt its going to be that. I have just tried a few test runs, and I am also not getting notification emails.

showngo

First see if the "testmail.php" code works (search no mail, it comes up)  if you verify the server can send mail, call your hosting company and ask if the can get you a email address to capture the outgoing. They gave me one they use for that test. I had mine blacklisted for subject on Godaddy.  They whitelisted me directly,  now im running.  There was a huge spam block put on the server side in Nov for them.
Hope this helps.

Hes my link
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=557169.msg3948261#msg3948261

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Is this still an issue? Any further development in this?

You could test the mail functionality yourself, and if it works for you - odds are it is something on the end user side.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: