News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

assign theme to membergroup

Started by DMR123, April 20, 2012, 09:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMR123

Hi,
Is it possible to assign a theme to a membergroup?

I would like membergroup 5 (premium members) to have a different theme to the rest of the forum.

How can this be done?

Thanks

kat

Do you want to force the poor members to use that theme? Or, do you just want it available, to them, and not the others?

If you want to force them, go to their profile, select that theme, for them, and change their permissions, so that they can't change their theme. (Be prepared for complaints, too).

As for not allowing other to use that theme, I can't see a way of doing that, unless you bar them from selecting a theme and assign them to the one you want them to use. (Again, be prepared for complaints)

Of course, I may have missed it. ;)

DMR123

Quote from: K@ on April 20, 2012, 10:35:28 AM
Do you want to force the poor members to use that theme? Or, do you just want it available, to them, and not the others?

If you want to force them, go to their profile, select that theme, for them, and change their permissions, so that they can't change their theme. (Be prepared for complaints, too).

As for not allowing other to use that theme, I can't see a way of doing that, unless you bar them from selecting a theme and assign them to the one you want them to use. (Again, be prepared for complaints)

Of course, I may have missed it. ;)

I am trying to change the colour scheme of the theme, So the premium (subscribed) members get a golden theme, and the none subscribed get the default theme

kat

Unless there's a mod, which changes it, I believe that all themes are made available to all members.

But, I have to say that I can't understand why you want to do this, because one set of members won't see what other members are using. So, there's no kudos to be gained by having a "Premium" theme for one group and not the other, because your members simply won't know that the other one even exists.

I'm not trying to decry what you want to do. I'm just pointing-out that you could be doing something which, in the end, is going to be totally pointless. ;)

DMR123

I understand what your saying...

thanks for your help :)

NanoSector

Viperdan, do you still need help with this? :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

DMR123

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on April 22, 2012, 08:39:00 AM
Viperdan, do you still need help with this? :)

Ill just to what K@ said..

Thanks

Advertisement: