Copyright text doesn't work?

Started by ym25, April 24, 2012, 04:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ym25

Hello,

I just installed SMF and a theme on hxxp:tanyakansaja.com [nonactive]. I found this minor issue on the website.
On copyright text, SMF 2.0.2 links to 404 error page. I haven't changed anything since I don't know coding.

I see the credit link works fine on other website. What's wrong with my website?

Thanks

Shambles

Your copyright links to

http://www.tanyakansaja.com/' . $scripturl . '?action=credits

Did you edit the source yourself?

What theme did you install?

ym25

I use elegant theme from official smf theme. I didn't do anything to the code and I don't know why it's happening. Any idea? Do I need to reinstall it to make it works?

TheListener

For what ist is worth the 2.0 link should point to a credits page.

:)

busterone

The SMF copyright is working correctly for me. The issue is the theme maker's copyright "Elegant by, Skin-Box " The link to the theme author's website is displaying
the following-  Server not found   Firefox can't find the server at www.skin-box.com.    Evidently there is a server issue with his host, or the site no longer exists. 

OOPs, I missed the first part.  Yep, the 2..0.2 link is wrong.  Does it do the same for the default curve theme or just Elegant?

ym25

Quote from: Old Fossil on April 25, 2012, 09:29:50 PM
For what ist is worth the 2.0 link should point to a credits page.

:)

Yap :), I think I should reinstall it to make it works.

ym25

Quote from: busterone on April 25, 2012, 09:34:07 PM
The SMF copyright is working correctly for me. The issue is the theme maker's copyright "Elegant by, Skin-Box " The link to the theme author's website is displaying
the following-  Server not found   Firefox can't find the server at www.skin-box.com.    Evidently there is a server issue with his host, or the site no longer exists. 

OOPs, I missed the first part.  Yep, the 2..0.2 link is wrong.  Does it do the same for the default curve theme or just Elegant?

It still doesn't work with default theme. It's strange. Or maybe are the files I uploaded to the hosting corrupt? I think I need to reinstall it to make it works.

Colin

I am not even showing the site up...
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

busterone

I can see the site now.
Re-installing may work considering you have no posts yet, but before doing that, you can try to upload the contents of your /sources folder, overwriting the files that are there.

also- Did you install any modifications before you noticed this?

ym25

Quote from: busterone on April 26, 2012, 10:40:10 PM
I can see the site now.
Re-installing may work considering you have no posts yet, but before doing that, you can try to upload the contents of your /sources folder, overwriting the files that are there.

also- Did you install any modifications before you noticed this?

Yes, I installed a modification "pretty URLs". What files do I need to re-upload?

busterone

First, post in the pretty urls support topic. It is a good possibility that mod is what caused the issue. 

ym25

Quote from: busterone on April 27, 2012, 09:56:52 PM
First, post in the pretty urls support topic. It is a good possibility that mod is what caused the issue.

I deleted the mod but it's still the same. When I tested direct link hxxp://www.tanyakansaja.com/index.php?action=credits, it works. May I just edit it manually and put HTML code and show the text and link exactly like it should be? I am confused :)

Advertisement: