Default MultiColor [SMF1.1.5 & 1.1.6]

Started by bebe, December 09, 2006, 03:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

busterone

look for titlebg. I believe that there is an image and a hex value. It has been awhile since I was on 1.1.x. :)

Antechinus

Seriously, don't try to use IE7 for site design work. I just tried right click on IE7 and it doesn't tell you anything. About the only browser that doesn't. It's rubbish.

If you want to use IE use 8. It's much faster for a start and has far better security. If you get Firefox you can have a nice pile of add-ons that will tell you anything at all about any element or piece of code on the page. Safari, Chrome and Opera have quite good dev tools too.

ETA: And yes, it is the titlebg class.

Uhura!

I am @ the office & the Powers That Be do not allow add ons. We're using IE.

Pls take a look @ the attachment. It's the titlebg portion of the code. Pls tell me what I am aiming for here. Thx!
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Uhura!

Also, this top part is still blue too...

Where's the code for this?
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Antechinus

Same image at the top. It's all titlebg. You either have to edit the titlebg class in the css file for that variant of the theme (whichever variant it is that you are messing with) to call another image or you can make a new image and load it using the same name as the existing one. Either way will work.

Uhura!

Hi,

I have the relevent css file open and I am in the titlebg portion of the file.

Please define "titlebg class" or direct me the the code string  (or strings) I should change.

Antechinus

Last line in this bit calls the image and the background colour behind it:

/* These are used primarily for titles, but also for headers (the row that says what everything in the table is.) */
.titlebg, tr.titlebg th, tr.titlebg td, .titlebg2, tr.titlebg2 th, tr.titlebg2 td
{
   color: black;
   font-style: normal;
   background: url(images/coldefault/titlebg.jpg) #E9F0F6 repeat-x;

Uhura!

But the code I posted has no such line

the last portion -->background: url(images/coldefault/titlebg.jpg) #E9F0F6 repeat-x;

busterone

This portion of the file you posted is what you need to change Uhura.

background-color: #D11A25;
background-image: url(images/titlebg.jpg);

The color #D11A25 is a red shade
and the titlebg.jpg by default is blue
Either find that image and change it's color, then replace the one on the server, or create a different image of the same dimensions as the default with your color desired and save it with the same name, overwriting the original.

Uhura!

Quote from: busterone on November 10, 2009, 01:13:01 PM
This portion of the file you posted is what you need to change Uhura.

background-color: #D11A25;
background-image: url(images/titlebg.jpg);

The color #D11A25 is a red shade
and the titlebg.jpg by default is blue
Either find that image and change it's color, then replace the one on the server, or create a different image of the same dimensions as the default with your color desired and save it with the same name, overwriting the original.

Yes, I saw D11A25 = red...

I have no image maker so I guess I am stuck with the way things are. Thanks for spellig the issue out for me.

busterone

I can make one for you. If you can give me the hex of the exact color you want, so it will match everything else, I will make you one. Then all you have to do is upload it and overwrite the original.

infyquest

I have used default multicolor and modified it accordingly.
u can see it working at my site
http://www.jcafe24.net

ChaosEnergy

Please create a similiar mod for 2.0
i loved it before, didnt changed much in original files, mods have been easy to apply, i mis sit in 2.0
Chaos Empire ®

Antechinus

ChaosEnergy

thanks
it was soo easy to install/merge the nearly untouched files to integrate it, already with 80or more mods installed

looking forward to see it in 2.0
Chaos Empire ®

LindaHT

Would you please update for version 2.0.2.  We are new at forums and we know how to install theme from admin area but that is all.  We are desperate to be able to change the colors.  We are a Paint shop pro graphic tagging forum and we make different headers and need different colors.  Please help.

Many thanks
Linda

Advertisement: