Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rides

Quote from: ohioreef on January 27, 2009, 12:09:42 PM
I installed this mod and it looks like it will fit my needs very well, however I do have a problem.

When I add an ad under ad management it adds it twice. If I try to delete one it deletes them both.

Any idea what might be wrong? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it did not help.
thats a theme issue, the code was added twice to all the spots it displays

w0lfman

Parse error installing the ad management mod on the default theme.  Error message below...

QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/w0lfman/public_html/12thman/Sources/Load.php(1747) : eval()'d code(255) : eval()'d code on line 1

When i install the mod I get the following...

QuoteInstalling this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Code install.php 
2. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php Test successful
8. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
9. Extract File ./Sources/Ads.php 
10. Extract File ./Sources/LoadAds.php 
11. Extract File ./Themes/default/Ads.template.php 
12. Extract File ./Themes/default/languages/Ads.english.php

ohioreef

Quote from: Hot Rides on January 27, 2009, 04:58:23 PM
thats a theme issue, the code was added twice to all the spots it displays

I am using the default theme which it is supposed to be compatible with. Any ideas/suggestions on how to fix it?

kingkingston

Having trouble adding the mod to babylon where do i start and how much work do i have to do ?

TW1ST3D

Quote from: kingkingston on January 27, 2009, 07:36:33 PM
Having trouble adding the mod to babylon where do i start and how much work do i have to do ?

I recently added this mod to a Heavily Modified 1.1.7 Babylon themed forum, Just start the install process that you normally would and when the install fails , make a note of the Templates that it fails in and just edit the files manually. Just be careful, and edit EXACTLY where it tells you to find / replace....................
Running 2.0 Gold.......SMF Rocks!!

kingkingston

Quote from: TW1ST3D on January 27, 2009, 10:25:19 PM
Quote from: kingkingston on January 27, 2009, 07:36:33 PM

I recently added this mod to a Heavily Modified 1.1.7 Babylon themed forum, Just start the install process that you normally would and when the install fails , make a note of the Templates that it fails in and just edit the files manually. Just be careful, and edit EXACTLY where it tells you to find / replace....................
the install doesn't fail,i don't get any red failed signs when ive installed it,it installs perfectly,i just found Ads.template.php is this where i need to add code etc ? for babylon to work,if i switch to the default the ads show up on the forum.

sombra

Quote from: sombra on January 21, 2009, 09:47:37 PM
ok hello. first i got to say nice mod good job.

i have it installed and working great on theme default but i got a problem i want it to work on other theme darkbreak and i read on som post before i need to edit 3 files that are ./Themes/default/

looking for them i only found one for the darbreak theme and my problem is that looking on the code i need to edit some lines are mising and i will need to ask whay can i do the first one is ok i fount it and added after the code that it told me

but then i went to the second one...

<div class="windowbg2 clearfix">';

and cant find it if sombody can tell me what to do

then i have the 3 one tha is

echo '
         </div>

---------------------------------------------------------------------

i founded 2 that are almost the same

echo '
               </div>
            </div>
         </div>
      </div>
      <div id="bdy-l">
         <div id="bdy-r">
            <div id="bdy-tl">
               <div id="bdy-tr">
                  <div id="bodyarea">';

// Show the navigation tree.
   theme_linktree();

}

function template_body_below()
{
   global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt;

echo '
                  </div>
               </div>
            </div>
         </div>
      </div>';

// Show the "Powered by" and "Valid" logos, as well as the copyright. Remember, the copyright must....

so were do i need to edit to be more exact?

then i went loooking for the 4 one and didint fount it either

template_menu();

hope somone can help me hehe i dont know nothing about php but im triying :D

any ideas?

ohioreef

Not sure what the deal was, but when I installed the mod on my other site it worked fine. Great mod!!!!

nasirj

I'm using SMF1.1.7 and I don't see a user guide to install this mod. It's so painful looking for solutions here. anybody succeed on installing Ad Mod 2.3 on SMF 1.1.7 ? any help is much appreciated.

exp1969

Hello,

I have a quick question about this mod.

I've installed it and everything work fine. The problem is, banner is only visible to me (administrator).

What should I do to make it visible to everyone?

Thank you very much!

ohioreef

You will need to Enable Ads in the permissions for each of your member groups. This mod apparently does not automatically enable it.

Black_Paolo

Hi, I would like to do a little modification.
I would like to create, and configure it via Admin Panel, another code to show in the search page, the profile page etc.
I know how to set the "visualization" code in this pages, but I was wondering how to "create" new "names", like "show_boardAds".
Where the code find "show_boardAds"  it check if the banner is activated via admin panel, and then put the banner. I would like to create for example "show_profileAds" and add the "modification page" in the admin panel.

Can you tell me where do I have to edit to add another "name" that I can set via Admin Panel?
Thank you in advance :D
I'm an Italian boy, so I don't speak English very well.
If there are any errors in my post, please let me know, so I (hopefully) won't do it again :D

alex30

Guys, I have a question for you. How to remove ads from "registration page"?

I want to have that page without ads on the right.

Here is how it looks now - http://aquatropicalfish.com/forum/index.php?action=register

Thanks for help.

coucnilhomeswap

can this be used on custom themes and if so what files need editing

Bigguy

Yes it can and just the template files that are in your custom theme that are listed in the mod edits need modifying.

Black_Paolo

Quote from: Black_Paolo on January 29, 2009, 02:23:36 PM
Hi, I would like to do a little modification.
I would like to create, and configure it via Admin Panel, another code to show in the search page, the profile page etc.
I know how to set the "visualization" code in this pages, but I was wondering how to "create" new "names", like "show_boardAds".
Where the code find "show_boardAds"  it check if the banner is activated via admin panel, and then put the banner. I would like to create for example "show_profileAds" and add the "modification page" in the admin panel.

Can you tell me where do I have to edit to add another "name" that I can set via Admin Panel?
Thank you in advance :D
noone?
I'm an Italian boy, so I don't speak English very well.
If there are any errors in my post, please let me know, so I (hopefully) won't do it again :D

PerryM

Installed latest version fine on Beta 4 and on some PCs I get an error message when the ad displays:

"The current web page is trying to open a site in your Trusted sites list.  Do you want to allow this?

Current site: http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net
Trusted site: res://ieframe.dll

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Perry

tanner6565

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a member of the admin that would be willing to log in to my site as an administrator and see why the ad management mod is not working.

Here is a copy the orginal post:-

I have installed the ad management mod version 1-1-x_v2-3, but the problem is it will not show up in the configuration section? I have also tried other versions of this mod but it says that they are incompatable to the version of SMF i am using which is 1.1.7.

I have tried installing this loads of times and only ever getting to to work once. When it worked the first time i closed the webpage down and went back in to the site later on and it had gone? But it was still installed.

I have had a look at the code behind the mod but I am no good at PHP what so ever.

I am installing it on the default theme but still nothing. So i am asking if anyone else on here has had the same problem and could help me out.

Cheers

Many thanks

godfly

I am experiencing the same problem described by the user below.

I have a fresh install of SMF 1.1.7 with SimplePortal  2.1.1.

After I install this Ad Management Mod, I noticed that it added an extra space under Configuration but it's an empty space. I tried uninstalling / reinstalling all mods but it's still the same thing.

There are no restrictions on my server so it's not a server issue.

Quote from: tanner6565 on February 04, 2009, 01:39:20 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a member of the admin that would be willing to log in to my site as an administrator and see why the ad management mod is not working.

Here is a copy the orginal post:-

I have installed the ad management mod version 1-1-x_v2-3, but the problem is it will not show up in the configuration section? I have also tried other versions of this mod but it says that they are incompatable to the version of SMF i am using which is 1.1.7.

I have tried installing this loads of times and only ever getting to to work once. When it worked the first time i closed the webpage down and went back in to the site later on and it had gone? But it was still installed.

I have had a look at the code behind the mod but I am no good at PHP what so ever.

I am installing it on the default theme but still nothing. So i am asking if anyone else on here has had the same problem and could help me out.

Cheers

Many thanks

Mr. Toy

I'm just starting out with SMF, so I'm just learning my way around. I've installed this ad management mod and tested it. I find the ads only show up if I'm logged in as a user. No ads show if I'm not logged in. I don't even get a blank space where the ads should be. It's as if the ad code was never entered. I'm using the default template, so there shouldn't be any compatibility issues. The same thing happens in both IE and Firefox. Is there a fix?

forum.montereypeninsula.info is the location.

Advertisement: