Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Try the mod "No remove temp directory" (or whatever it's called) and see if that makes a difference.

collins465

please help i am using smf 1.1.9 with babylon theme, i installed it and did everything possible and it was installed properly without error messages but my ad is not displaying even as an admin i coult not see any ad...

i am a newbie pleas help....

PERVEZ

I install Ad Management mod V 2.3. Im using smf 1.1.9 with outline theme. But after installation i cant find any module under Configuration to add my advertise code. My board url is: hxxp:sms.mig33forum.com [nonactive]

Im new to smf. First i download this mod and upload via package manager in admin panel. And install and aplly it. Was it enough and right?

Bigguy

@ collins465: Manual edits have to be done on any theme other than the default theme.

@ PERVEZ: Read above.

thisishowu

I have this mod and when i put in an adsense code i get 2 adds for 1 code, one underneath the first, have tried all the different versions.
I am using 1.1.9

Bigguy

The code has been added twice to the template files then. My guess is you tried to install twice somewhere along the line. You will have to manually go through the template files and remove the duplicate code.

thisishowu

Ok i will look in the template files and let you know

collins465

Quote from: Bigguy on July 04, 2009, 02:25:49 PM
@ collins465: Manual edits have to be done on any theme other than the default theme.

@ PERVEZ: Read above.

please i will appreciate if you can help me out i am a newbie and dont know anything about these codes and editing

here is the index.template of my babylon theme i am using

thanks and waiting .

Bigguy

Ok try this. I'm not guaranteeing anything. Backup the original first and make sure you have the ad mod installed before trying this file.

darkNiGHTS

So I am trying to make all ads only appear for guests, but I can't seem to find the in a forum board ads. The ones on the top here:

http://thepurplecube.org/forums/index.php?board=16.0

I've tried looking around in the PHP file for a long time and haven't been able to find that specific location.  I managed to make the ones on the foum index only appear if you are a guest.  What file are those ads in and what does the code look like?  Thanks.

collins465

Quote from: Bigguy on July 05, 2009, 12:41:37 PM
Ok try this. I'm not guaranteeing anything. Backup the original first and make sure you have the ad mod installed before trying this file.

you are reall gud. it worked perfectly.

tnx alot i appreciate

Bigguy

@ darkNiGHTS: Look in permissions.

fff

I am trying to install manually ad management mod on my 1.1.9 forum http://trustedptc.ueuo.com/
I did everything except this:
Code
install.php
This file should not be able to execute standalone. You may have to run the following queries manually.

Query: [Select]

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS {$db_prefix}ads (
ADS_ID mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
NAME tinytext NOT NULL,
CONTENT text NOT NULL,
BOARDS tinytext,
POSTS tinytext,
HITS mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
TYPE smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
show_index smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
show_board smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
show_threadindex smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
show_lastpost smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
show_thread smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
show_bottom smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
show_welcome smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
show_topofpage smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
show_towerright smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
show_towerleft smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
show_betweencategories smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
show_underchildren smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (ADS_ID)
)

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS {$db_prefix}ads_settings (
variable tinytext NOT NULL,
value text NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (variable(30))
)

ALTER IGNORE TABLE {$db_prefix}ads
ADD   show_lastpost smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER show_threadindex

ADD   CATEGORY tinytext AFTER POSTS

ADD   show_underchildren smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0'

INSERT IGNORE INTO {$db_prefix}settings
(variable, value)
VALUES ('ads_displayAdsAdmin', '0'),
('ads_updateReports', '0'),
('ads_quickDisable', '0'),
('ads_lookLikePosts', '1')

I don't know what this means. How to run the previous queries manually?
BTW when I open my forum it says: Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

What is the problem?

ScrepY

I have some problem, when i install it ruins my template. Here is an image (where is the ride line it shouldn't be like that)
hxxp:img80.imageshack.us/i/gerasd.jpg/ [nonactive]
Any ideas what's wrong ?

2sanstef

Hi I am trying to manually install on 1.1.9 as I am having problems with the package manager. Have installed the (No Temp Delete mod) as suggested, this works and now contains all of the files from the ad management mod and feed mod that I am attempting to install.

I to have got stuck at the install.php stage (the ad management option has now appeared in the menu but if I click on it I just get taken to the forum home page.

Can you help me get past this stage and install the ad management mod successfully please. BTW this mod has worked perfectly in conjunction with the package manager in previous versions so has anything changed in 1.1.9?

Ok I have now managed to get the ad management working of sorts, it displays ads but not in all available locations. If I ask for it to be at the end of a post the ad appears at the start and end :-) I assume its an error in one of the template files I have edited

Bigguy

@ fff: If I'm not mistaken those queries can be run in phpmyadmin.

@ ScrepY: Did you already add an add, is that why that space is there. ???

@ 2sanstef: Did you run the install.php is that what you are having problems with. ???

Yahmez

Quote from: Yahmez on June 24, 2009, 05:49:10 PM
I have a question. I am running 2.0RC1.1 and have nneonneo's AJAX ShoutBox V1.22. This particular shoutbox appears in the 'welcome user' area. When I install the Ad Mod, it squishes the shout box to the left and makes a blank area to the right. I tried editing the mod and removed all parts of code partaining to the 'welcome user' area but it still shows up like that. In SMF 1.1.x it never did this. Does anyone else have this issue and/or know how to remove all (ad mod) edits to the welcome user area of the header?
Bump!  Anyone have any ideas on this?

Bigguy

I wish I could help but I don't use the shoutbox at all.

Yahmez

Quote from: Bigguy on July 06, 2009, 09:26:18 PM
I wish I could help but I don't use the shoutbox at all.
Shout box or not... I need to remove all edits to the header that are done by the ad mod...  I tried editing the files to remove all references to the 'show ads in welcome user area' but no luck.

Bigguy

Use the package parser. it will show all edits. The ones you are looking for are in the index.template.php file I do believe.

Advertisement: