News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leemy

What's the best configuration for three ads on the main forum index? I normally have a) at menu level, b) tower on the left, and c) after last thread. However, (b) tower doesn't show up on the main forum index! How do I get that to happen.

sttc

When I try to parse the Ad Management Mod Version 3.1 to get the install instructions for SMF Version 2.0.7, it always says "
This mod is not supported with your version of SMF. " Isn't this latest version 3.1 compatible with the latest version of SMF?

vbgamer45

Yes it is. Make sure you download the SMF 2.0.x version
Also I have my own parser at http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

sttc

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 24, 2014, 10:39:58 AM
Yes it is. Make sure you download the SMF 2.0.x version
Also I have my own parser at hxxp:www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html [nonactive]

I already have SMF 2.0.7 installed on my site.

I tried your parser on the Ad Management mod 3.1 package (ad_mod_v3.1_SMF_v1-1-x.zip) with SMF 2.0.7 selected, and it gives the same message: "This mod is not supported with your version of SMF. " Parser (both yours and SMF parser) works fine on the mod 3.0 package.

vbgamer45

You are grabbing the wrong package ad_mod_v3.1_SMF_v1-1-x.zip  is for SMF 1.0.x

You need the SMF 2 version
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Black Tiger

I just installed your mod, looks great, but I wonder. I just converted to SMF 2.0.7 from vBulletin 3.8 with vba-cmps. We could have multiple tower adds on the right side.

If I want this now, I have to add multiple codes into 1 add configuration.

For example. I make a tower add on the right side from Adsense and call it google.
Now I also have a custom add, also tower add which has to come on the right side. So I add a new add, call it customname and save it.
From that moment on, neither add is to bee seen.

But when I add my custom add in the content window of the google adsense code, then both will display.
However, that's not the best way for handling this.

Is this the only method? Or are there better options? Because it would be also nice if I could create my custom add boxed within lines or something like that.
Greetings, Black Tiger

vbgamer45

The custom code is the best option to do that I would create a table inside the custom code then put the ad code in each row to make multiple rows.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Portender

Quote from: sttc on February 24, 2014, 06:35:42 AM
When I try to parse the Ad Management Mod Version 3.1 to get the install instructions for SMF Version 2.0.7, it always says "
This mod is not supported with your version of SMF. " Isn't this latest version 3.1 compatible with the latest version of SMF?
I am having the same problem!  >:( Did you get any way for it to work?

vbgamer45

Make sure you download the right version that says 2.0.x

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Black Tiger

@From the other post you made.
Quote from: PortenderWhat do you mean when you said "My forum had to put some file rights correct via ftp"
There was a notice that some files or file rights (don't remember specific) had to change, on the bottom you can fill in your ftp credentials. I did, clicked install and then it worked fine.
Greetings, Black Tiger

Portender

Quote from: Black Tiger on March 06, 2014, 09:27:16 PM
@From the other post you made.
Quote from: PortenderWhat do you mean when you said "My forum had to put some file rights correct via ftp"
There was a notice that some files or file rights (don't remember specific) had to change, on the bottom you can fill in your ftp credentials. I did, clicked install and then it worked fine.
I did not see a notice about file or file rights. Only thing I see when I click install is: "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF." Also I am having trouble using the ftp as I am not sure what folder to ftp the MOD to and then how to execute it.

vbgamer45

Download the right smf version then ftp it to your packages folder in your SMF version

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Portender

I just tried that and it uploads fine but it does not give me an install option.  >:(

vbgamer45

What is your SMF version?
And what is the filename you uploaded?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Portender

I am using the newest version 2.0.7 and I made the file name the same as the package (MOD): ad_mod_v3.1_SMF_v1-1-x

vbgamer45

You downloaded the wrong one
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255

Use instead
ad_mod_v3.0_SMF_v2-0a.zip

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Portender

Isn't that the older version? v3.1 should be newer then v3.0  ???

Edit: WOW I am stupid! It works! Thanks a lot!  ;D

vbgamer45

ad_mod_v3.0_SMF_v2-0a.zip  is the newest one for SMF 2.0.x

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

2greedy

Is this mod still being updated? cause it doesn't work properly i can't get (Display ads in the welcome user area)

vbgamer45

Did it install to the welcome area? Double check the file edits.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: