News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

how do i update???

Started by abidejaz4u, October 15, 2012, 12:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abidejaz4u

i m using SMF 1.1.11 and i want to update my forum but i dint want to lost my post thread how can i update ????

Arantor

Updating to what version exactly?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

abidejaz4u

Arantor

Latest 1.1.x version or latest 2.0 version?

Arantor

Well, which version do you want to update to? If you're on 1.1.11, the latest version could be 1.1.16 or 2.0.2... it's possible to go to 1.1.16 without losing any mods, but it's not possible to go to 2.0.2 without reinstalling all your mods from scratch (because they all need to be rewritten)

kat

Be aware, too, that some of those mods simply might not exist for the v2 branch of SMF.

abidejaz4u

Quote from: Arantor on October 16, 2012, 12:34:28 PM
Well, which version do you want to update to? If you're on 1.1.11, the latest version could be 1.1.16 or 2.0.2... it's possible to go to 1.1.16 without losing any mods, but it's not possible to go to 2.0.2 without reinstalling all your mods from scratch (because they all need to be rewritten)
ok how can update 1.1.16??

Kindred

you should have a notice in the smf admin and the smf admin > package manager that patches are available. Just click on that link and follow the instructions.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

abidejaz4u

Arantor

As you go into the admin panel, the front page tells you that there is an update.

abidejaz4u

there is
Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 1.1.13
update i dont not newer version update available there

tell me how can i update 1.1.19 and in this version my mods didnt disturb??

abidejaz4u

Ok i Done ....thanks 4 help :)

Advertisement: