News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luuuciano

Quote from: Sabrinova on March 29, 2012, 11:17:57 AM
I gave up and uninstalled in the end as every feed item was 24 hours behind, which is no good for news items.

You may try this one
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1590
Maybe it works, maybe not, hehe
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Skyflash

Quote from: luuuciano on March 29, 2012, 01:25:38 PM
Quote from: Sabrinova on March 29, 2012, 11:17:57 AM
I gave up and uninstalled in the end as every feed item was 24 hours behind, which is no good for news items.

You may try this one
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1590
Maybe it works, maybe not, hehe
Not compatible to 2.0.2 :(

Chalky

Thanks anyway :)

We're good though.  I wanted it to feed news items directly from my co-admin's blog to save her work, but she's happy enough posting them manually, so the feed isn't really necessary :)

luuuciano

No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

backend

I have installed this on SMS 2.0.2 and everyting is enabled yet it hasn't added any feeds from over 5 sites in a week or so. Anything I am missing?

Fabiolas

Quote from: backend on April 05, 2012, 09:47:58 AM
I have installed this on SMS 2.0.2 and everyting is enabled yet it hasn't added any feeds from over 5 sites in a week or so. Anything I am missing?

Are you working with cronjobs? Did you tried to run url in your browser?

Fabiolas

How i can prevent RSS Feed Poster from post feeds without <description>?

backend

Quote from: Fabiolas on April 05, 2012, 11:10:36 AM
Quote from: backend on April 05, 2012, 09:47:58 AM

Are you working with cronjobs? Did you tried to run url in your browser?

Not sure what cronjobs is?

I put the URL in my browser and got this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: htmlspecialchars_decode() in /home/content/a/s/h/xxx/html/forum/Sources/Subs-RSS2.php on line 323

backend

Oh god and now I can't access my entire forum!!!!! All I did was to enable the setting "Use fake Cron jobs. Checks if feeds need to be updated on each page load."

How can I fix this please????

backend

I am getting this error and my entire forum is inaccessible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: htmlspecialchars_decode() in /home/content/a/s/h/xxx/html/forum/Sources/Subs-RSS2.php on line 323

Can someone help me please?????????? how can I undo this????

Fabiolas

Quote from: backend on April 05, 2012, 01:47:24 PM

What is your SMF version?

vbgamer45

You are running PHP4 still that function requires PHP5
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Fabiolas

How to prevent this mod from post duplicate content

This mod was design to generate an hash from title+description. But i figured-out that many rss feeds had gone crazy and my RSS Feed Poster started to create new posts without content or with minimum changes and under the same title. This is really not what we want when we are using pretty urls for example. And Google don't like duplicated content.

So, this change will generate an hash code just from title. So, it won't post duplicated titles again :)

Find(./Sources/Subs-RSS2.php):$itemhash = md5($context['feeditems'][$i]['title'] . $context['feeditems'][$i]['description']);

Replace with:$itemhash = md5($context['feeditems'][$i]['title']);

RednecK1

Mine is working great!  The only thing I ask is that can I make it show the whole rss feed post.  It only shows a piece then shows a direct link I got it from.  Like for example I wanted to do game trailers.  It won't even do the game trailer video, it just gives a link to it.  Anyway I can make it do this?

Fabiolas

Quote from: KuT on April 05, 2012, 08:10:32 PM
Mine is working great!  The only thing I ask is that can I make it show the whole rss feed post.  It only shows a piece then shows a direct link I got it from.  Like for example I wanted to do game trailers.  It won't even do the game trailer video, it just gives a link to it.  Anyway I can make it do this?

Did you ever tried pipes from yahoo? :)

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/

RednecK1

I have set a feed up correctly, I set it up from Feed Url, Filter, Pipe Output.  Everything went ok.  Now will it show the whole description? Thanks for the link btw

Fabiolas

Quote from: KuT on April 05, 2012, 08:33:45 PM
I have set a feed up correctly, I set it up from Feed Url, Filter, Pipe Output.  Everything went ok.  Now will it show the whole description? Thanks for the link btw

I have attached one example. Hope you understand this :)

After this just run your pipe and get your rss url  8)

RednecK1

Actually to be honest with you.. I don't know which ones to choose.  Can you show me which ones to use, just show it will show the whole post.

Red G. Brown

It would be nice if this could also make posts as replies, instead of only new posts.

Advertisement: