News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Depreciated]

Started by Depreciated, August 20, 2010, 05:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

live627

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on June 12, 2011, 10:14:02 PM
How about you just modify index.template.php? Piece of cake to remove them.
And give way to more support requests... doesn't seem ideal...

tfs

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on June 12, 2011, 10:14:02 PM
How about you just modify index.template.php? Piece of cake to remove them.

Ultimately that's what I did, but as a courtesy to the authors of the mods that had been installed on my forum, I figured I'd go around and leave a note on the ones that were broken on 2.0 final.

I think that all of the copyright mods will have been dinged by 2.0 final.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Depreciated

tfs

Quote from: PaulpBaker on June 13, 2011, 08:45:26 PM
mod updated for smf 2.0 final

Hey Paul, just a note to let you know that the description for this mod on the mod site is what should be the description for the High Server Load Warning mod.  :)

Edit: Also in the first post of this thread.

Edit: Installation is broken on SMF 2.0 final.  Error on ./Themes/default/index.template.php

Code: (Find) [Select]
Code: (Add Before) [Select]

Those are both EMPTY.  It's not trying to replace anything.  I've never seen that before.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Depreciated

Quote from: tfs on June 14, 2011, 03:26:47 AM
Quote from: PaulpBaker on June 13, 2011, 08:45:26 PM
mod updated for smf 2.0 final

Hey Paul, just a note to let you know that the description for this mod on the mod site is what should be the description for the High Server Load Warning mod.  :)

Edit: Also in the first post of this thread.

Edit: Installation is broken on SMF 2.0 final.  Error on ./Themes/default/index.template.php

Code: (Find) [Select]
Code: (Add Before) [Select]

Those are both EMPTY.  It's not trying to replace anything.  I've never seen that before.

wow that's a lot of fails haha my fault as i updated all 13 of my mods at once so i was sure to mess one up hehe

all fixed now thanks for reporting it ;)

tfs

Quote from: PaulpBaker on June 14, 2011, 11:00:46 AM
wow that's a lot of fails haha my fault as i updated all 13 of my mods at once so i was sure to mess one up hehe

There's yer trouble.  :)  You need one more to get back to the lucky numbers.

tfs

It had no errors on install, but I've still got "XHTML WAP2" in the footer.

snooks

Quote from: tfs on June 14, 2011, 12:02:43 PM

lol me too

Depreciated

Quote from: tfs on June 14, 2011, 12:02:43 PM

ugh silly mistake sorry about that fixed and tested :P

snooks

Sorry to say but after install mine still shows lol again no errors

Depreciated

Quote from: snooks on June 14, 2011, 12:22:48 PM
Sorry to say but after install mine still shows lol again no errors

i don't think you downloaded the new version as it has 0 downloads so far so download the new one as it does work :)

snooks

Doh silly me, correct working fine thank you for fast fix :)

Depreciated

Quote from: snooks on June 14, 2011, 12:29:51 PM
Doh silly me, correct working fine thank you for fast fix :)

np sorry for the silly error :p

sadaam

Quote from: PaulpBaker on August 20, 2010, 05:03:58 AM

Remove XHTML, RSS & WAP2 Links in Footer v1.1
~{By PaulpBaker}~

Link to Mod | My Mods | Support Topic

Compatibility
SMF 2.0

Description
This mod removes the 'XHTML, RSS & WAP2' links from the footer of your site.

Have some suggestions to make this mod better? Please let me know in the support topic.

Installation
Any previous versions of this mod MUST be uninstalled BEFORE installing this version.

Install the package on the SMF Default 'Curve' Theme ONLY. Other themes will need manual edits.

Useful Links
SMF Package Parser
Manual Installation Of Mods
How Do I Modify Files?

Support
Please use the modification thread for support with this modification.
(Please don't ask me to do the edits for you)

Changelog
v1.1 - 21th August 2010: Changed the code so it's more compatible with 3rd party themes.
v1.0 - 19th August 2010: Initial Version

Dear i just install this mod ...but the problem is i m used a coustam theme ""concept3"", i m unable to find this code shown bellow at concept3 theme 's Index templet.php file

""         <li><a id="button_xhtml" href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="', $txt['valid_xhtml'], '"><span>', $txt['xhtml'], '</span></a></li>
         ', !empty($modSettings['xmlnews_enable']) && (!empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) || $context['user']['is_logged']) ? '<li><a id="button_rss" href="' . $scripturl . '?action=.xml;type=rss" class="new_win"><span>' . $txt['rss'] . '</span></a></li>' : '', '
         <li class="last"><a id="button_wap2" href="', $scripturl , '?wap2" class="new_win"><span>', $txt['wap2'], '</span></a></li> ""

this mod not run with my coustam theme ...one thing i already mad a modification at my deafual theme and core theme. but unable to find that code shown above @ coustam theme concept3..? plz help me brother...
Me feel proude to use SMF!!

DMR123

The code also isnt in my theme.

Why is this?

Deaks

As not all themes have XHTML, RSS and WAP2 code in the footer.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

DMR123

Quote from: Bryan "Runic" Deakin on December 03, 2012, 12:10:08 PM
As not all themes have XHTML, RSS and WAP2 code in the footer.

It is in my footer.  the code wasnt in my theme.

Kindred

some themes may not use the exact same display code as the default theme... in which case, you have to use human intuition (or ask in the theme specific support topic) to figure out where and what the exact code is for your theme
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Depreciated

v1.2 - 1st September 2016: Updated to make compatible with SMF 2.0.11

Advertisement: