Outline

Started by Bikken, November 21, 2007, 12:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bikken

Link to the theme

Outline is an elegant and modern SMF theme using light, grey and deep red colors.

http://demo.dzinerstudio.com

LinkinParkBoy

ormuz

Bikken the artist! I love your work in smf... best smf theme designer ever!

padexx

BT-loader

I really like this theme. Thanks, Bikken.
But it seems that i can´t "adapt" the new logo from the psd-file correctly. (see screen)

[nofollow]

What am i doing wrong?  :-[

Antechinus

Bikken, it's a lovely theme and we've already downloaded it for our test forum but I have a question.
While the general layout, etc is great is it possible to make the centre section wider and reduce the width of the margins? There is a lot of wasted screen there and some people find that annoying. If it was possible to have a clickable margin width a la Bloc's Mesh theme that would be perfect. 

Paracelsus

I think that now SMF's themes are getting near to the levels of IPB or phpBB.

Congrats for such a good theme!

copter

Wow! That is an excellent theme you've done there, and with tinyportal combined it looks superb :)

Keep up the good work! ;)

Apllicmz

Afterglow86

Awesome work, it looks so clean.

1MileCrash

Woah! Very nice. Been a VERY long time since i've seen a good theme such as this.
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

BT-loader

Quote from: BT-loader on November 22, 2007, 12:12:25 PM
I really like this theme. Thanks, Bikken.
But it seems that i can´t "adapt" the new logo from the psd-file correctly. (see screen)

[nofollow]

What am i doing wrong?  :-[
Any help here would be great.

Bikken

Thanks a lot for your positive feedback guys!  :)

Bikken

@ BT-loader: Is that in IE ? Try to save your logo as jpg and change logo.png to logo.jpg in style.css.

@ antechinus: You can edit the width in style.css. Search for #wrapper and change width to whatever you like. Use either px or %.

BT-loader

Quote from: Bikken on November 24, 2007, 11:22:46 AM
@ BT-loader: Is that in IE ? Try to save your logo as jpg and change logo.png to logo.jpg in style.css.
Yes, i looked at the new theme in ie7. It seems to look better in ff (as usual).  ;)
I´m gonna try to re-make and save the new logo in jpg. Thanks for your reply.

kopchev

Can we use buttons instead of text links?

Tiramisu

Hi Bikken

Just a little note ... it doesn't notify admin on the frontpage that there are new member registrations waiting for approval. Anyway to add that?

I've got so many memberships pending for approval ... and I didn't even realized them until I went to the registration side in the admin panel.

Thanks!

Mr_Z

is there any way to increase the text size in posts (defualt size) its tiny :(

i tried a few things but nothing worked.

Any help greatly appreciated thanks :)

Antechinus

Quote from: Mr_Z on November 26, 2007, 11:02:40 PM
is there any way to increase the text size in posts (defualt size) its tiny :(

i tried a few things but nothing worked.

Any help greatly appreciated thanks :)
Seconded. It may be elegant but its legibility is borderline, which should be a consideration for a message board.
I don't mean to be rude as it really is a lovely theme, but having been running a selection of themes on our test forum I have noticed that many themes seem to be designed purely for looks without regard to actual usability.
I would ask theme authors to pay more attention to combining stylish looks and/or a sense of fun with clear, legible text. Quoted text is often a particular problem as for some bizarre reason many themes have it in smaller text than the actual posts.
This criticism is not just aimed at Bikken and is intended to be constructive. Not everyone wants to or is able to recode themes to make them usable. Please consider.

Antechinus

Quote from: Bikken on November 24, 2007, 11:22:46 AM
@ antechinus: You can edit the width in style.css. Search for #wrapper and change width to whatever you like. Use either px or %.
Goddam! I found it and it works! My first ever SMF code edit. Cool.
I set the width to 1100px (up from 950) and its great. Thanks for that. Now, about the font size.......

Advertisement: