News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groundhog

Quote from: nneonneo on March 03, 2009, 07:43:50 AM
It works for me in IE 8 (using compatibility mode to force it to behave as IE 7). Does it occur if you logout?

Interesting, I didn't think to log out of IE, However, I had misunderstood what my problem was.  ::)  It's me that is the problem.  :-[

I was logged in on FF as Admin and logged in on IE as a regular user. Logging out as you suggested brought the IE (Guest) shoutbox back. I had wrongly assumed that admin & regular members permissions would allow them to see the shoutbox. So it was nothing to do with IE.

My fault entirely. I found the relevant Permission settings for regular members and all is OK now.

Thanks for taking the time to answer quickly and for a providing great mod that works...  8)

victoryrock

Thanks for the fix nneonneo.  Just don't know how it changed premissions all by itself.  I didn't change anything.

Thanks Again!

Quote from: nneonneo on March 03, 2009, 07:43:50 AM

@victoryrock: To fix that, you should chmod the chats folder and the .txt files within it to 755, 777, 644 or 666 depending on what works (the correct setting varies from host to host).

ameo

@ nneonneo:

well, shoutbox is located under forum/yshout/

then comes the settings file.

You can check it yourself, I attached it here, but that only shows on second code,
[no settings message]. I'm not sure how's upon your installation but I always get that error.
It doesn't concern me to much, but, as I said, issue is in refreshing shoutbox. It hides to refresh itself. I find that very weird because I did several installations for myself and others
and never had that kind of issue.
antechinus:
QuoteIf you are dying for a solution it may be wise to seek medical attention.
Get some Awesome Smileys for your forum

|±(ಠ_ಠ
)±|

Stef001

Hello,

I have a question.
Is it possible to make something like this:
// Logging folder for the chats
$chatsDir='home/name/domains/domain.com/public_html/smf/chats';

I have forum1 and forum2.
I like it when i shout in forum1 that i can see it in forum2.
Also when i shout in forum2 that i can see it in forum1.

Is this possible.

Thanks,

Stef.
SMF 2.0.2 | SimplePortal 2.3.5

nneonneo

@ameo: You turned off $gzipCompression, right?

@Normally: Yep, change this line in yshout.php:
$chatsFullDir=$yshoutdir.$chatsDir.'/';
and replace by
$chatsFullDir='/home/name/domains/domain.com/public_html/smf/chats/';
or whatever absolute path you want.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

ameo

well  it writes $gzipCompression=false;
i didn't touch a single thing. should I?
antechinus:
QuoteIf you are dying for a solution it may be wise to seek medical attention.
Get some Awesome Smileys for your forum

|±(ಠ_ಠ
)±|

nneonneo

Oh yes, it was in your settings file...I should not have asked that silly question :P

It seems that occasionally, readChat stops working; I've never seen that before. Can you try putting error_reporting(E_ALL); near the top of yshout.php, and seeing if any warnings/errors show up?
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Stef001

Quote from: nneonneo on March 03, 2009, 07:56:55 PM
@Normally: Yep, change this line in yshout.php:
$chatsFullDir=$yshoutdir.$chatsDir.'/';
and replace by
$chatsFullDir='/home/name/domains/domain.com/public_html/smf/chats/';
or whatever absolute path you want.

I replaced this code, but nothing changed.
Do i have to change some more code?

Stef.

Cobra97

Hi all,

I just installed AdvSB_1.22 on a fresh 1.1.8.  I'm trying to figure our how to make the sound work, I thought it said it was built in to this version?  What am I missing here, I don't see anyway to turn the sound on.........

Thanks in advance for the help

_System32_

I Marking one Custom Advanced Shoutbox.

This contain:

- Scrollbar
- Admin panel settings.
- And new style (.CSS).

based in nneonneos Shoutbox.

Arebias

Quote from: Arebias on February 24, 2009, 09:02:30 AM

I also have similar questions regarding changing the look/layout.

Below is a picture of the shoutbox in action. Here is what I am wanting to do:

A.) Change the color of the scroll bar to blend better with the forum color or eliminate all together yet leaving it's functionality. i.e.; Scroll with mouse scroll wheel.

B.) Change the size and color of the toolbar at the top. History, commands, etc. as well as the Date/TimeStamp as to be less prominent.

If you could just tell me where to find these settings I can go from there.

Thanks

I will bump this back up to top

nneonneo

@Arebias: take a look at the CSS block in index.template.php or yshout.css. All the necessary appearance changes can be made there.

@Normally: It is working for me. Perhaps you can try a relative path from $yshoutdir, e.g.
$chatsFullDir=$yshoutdir.'../../chats/';

@Cobra97: Does the mute/unmute button work?

@_System32_: What are you asking? If you want to have permission to alter the shoutbox and rerelease it, I ask only that you credit me and yurivish, and that you give me a copy or link to the final release.
spammers here!

Cobra97

Quote from: nneonneo on March 04, 2009, 06:52:56 PM

@Cobra97: Does the mute/unmute button work? 

Yes, I can see the little red sign appear on it when I hit mute, then disappear when I hit it again...so I'm guessing that means it's working?

Never mind, I got it...............The mute button is reversed from what I would normally see.  When you see the mute sign, it's not muted.

Stef001

Hello nneonneo,

This works now:
$chatsFullDir='/home/name/domains/domain.com/public_html/smf/[b]yshout[/b]/chats/';
I was forgotten to put in the line of code "yshout/.

But now i can`t post in forum2.
Only post in forum1.
All two shoutboxes i can read.

Do you have any solution for it.

Stef.

update 10-03-2009:
In firebug i get this message:

request is undefined
unloadChat()
[Break on this error] request.abort();  yshout.j...uly062008 (regel 85)

and

POST http://www.kaartenleggen.nl/zigeunerkaarten/index.php?yshout
http://www.kaartenleggen.nl/zigeunerkaarten/index.php?yshout

POST http://www.kaartenleggen.nl/zigeunerkaarten/index.php?yshout
http://www.kaartenleggen.nl/zigeunerkaarten/index.php?yshout

500 Internal Server Error      233ms   moo.ajax.js (regel 41)

cdch

Hi guys

I'm currently getting an error when I place the code to insert my shoutbox where I want it:

Notice: Undefined index: yshout_shoutbox in /home/excell/domains/the-excellent.info/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1732) : eval()'d code on line 571

Any ideas?

lorddusk

Quote from: lorddusk on February 09, 2009, 07:54:39 AM
Since i installed the Shoutbox on RC1 the admin links del/ban stopped working, please help, because my forummembers are a bit spamming.....

got the ban tool working after some tweaking, still havnt fixed the delete one

lemaitrezeus

hello all,

I have a probleme:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function allowedTo() in /home/zeus/www/smf/yshout/yshout.php on line 69

==>line 69:

if(!allowedTo('yshout_view'))

plz help me for this probleme,

nneonneo

@Normally: What happens if you try to shout?

@cdch: You can just replace $txt['yshout_shoutbox'] by "Shout Box" (with quotes).

@lemaitrezeus: What modifications are you running, and what version of SMF?
spammers here!

lemaitrezeus

smf 1.1.8 version

manuel of nneonneo's shoutbox in smf mod

i m a noob and it s my first forum smf

gothicfires

I've tried installing this on 2.0rc1... both on an updated forum and a forum installed clean. The shout box works for administrators but not for other users.

has anyone else come across this?

Advertisement: