News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Fatal Error when entering "Features and Options"

Started by reeltime, March 10, 2009, 09:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reeltime

I am getting an error message when I try to go to the "features and options" under Configuration. I noticed I have 2 multiplayer tabs in the forum and I have tried to figure out how to get rid of one, but when I do get rid of one, they both go.

Here is the error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare modifymultiplayersettings() (previously declared in /home4/reeltim2/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php:285) in /home4/reeltim2/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 384

Any help is greatly appreciated because I can't get past this error to change any settings. Thank you!!!

Kermit

Please attach your ModSettings.php

It's located in .Sources/ModSettings.php
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

reeltime

I have 2 different files with that name so I have attached them both. Please note that I have also uninstalled the multiplayer mod. One of the "multiplayer" in the the tabs has gone but there is still one there that gives me this error message when I click on it.

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home4/reeltim2/public_html/forum/Sources/multiplayer.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home4/reeltim2/public_html/forum/index.php on line 398

Thank you for help Duncan!!!

Kermit

Apparently it didn't uninstall completely,try attached one
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

reeltime

OK, I pulled my file and replaced it with yours. The multiplayer tab is still there. When I go to features and options now I get this

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home4/reeltim2/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 153

N3RVE

Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

reeltime

Ok, that fixed the error message in features and options. Thank you n3rve!!!

Now, I still have the multiplayer tab that goes nowhere. It gives the error message:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home4/reeltim2/public_html/forum/Sources/multiplayer.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home4/reeltim2/public_html/forum/index.php on line 398

I would like to get rid of this tab so I can re-install the multi-player arcade and just have the one tab instead of 2. Can you help me fix this?

N3RVE

What I'd do is attempt to install the module and see if I get a "Test Failed" error on that file, If I do, I'd go ahead and re-install the module knowing that SMF wouldn't make changes to that file since it previously indicated that the modification test failed.

You can copy and paste line 370 - 410 of your index.php file here and I'll go through the code.

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo

reeltime

Now I feel stupid. I don't know how to tell which line is which. I opened the Modsettings in notepad, but I see no line numbers. Word doesn't show them either so I am lost.

N3RVE

You should get a good code editor ;)
Google "notepad2", or "notepad++", both will provide numbers for each line in source files.

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo

Advertisement: