News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Enhanced About Page

Started by lucas-ruroken, January 14, 2011, 12:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henrik1782

My favorite mods: Forum Firewall, httBL, MessagePreviewOnHover, BoardHover Mod, VB Style Board Index, Separate Replies and Views Column, Realtime clock by Joker, ENotify, Topic Solved.

henrik1782

By the way...

I have translated this mod to Danish. Would you just like me to attach the different files...?
My favorite mods: Forum Firewall, httBL, MessagePreviewOnHover, BoardHover Mod, VB Style Board Index, Separate Replies and Views Column, Realtime clock by Joker, ENotify, Topic Solved.

Bagheera

Just tested it in firefox, IE, safari, opera and I don't see any problem at all, it looks just fine on my side :)
Try to clear your browser cache ;)

And as for the language file I'm sure the developer of this mod will welcome the translation so just attache it :)

henrik1782

Thanks for testing...

I still cant get a good page in IE8 on 3 different machines. Have tested with firefox and opera and this looks just fine. Stange...

henrik1782

Ok... sorry for all this trouble... it works just fine  :o

Bagheera

lucas-ruroken

Quote from: henrik1782 on January 26, 2011, 09:02:01 AM
By the way...

I have translated this mod to Danish. Would you just like me to attach the different files...?

yep! ;)
Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

drvanitus

Hello,

Great mod.  This was exactly what I was looking for, I love the mod..aside from the bugs and some customization issues ;(

BUGS:
1. Additional custom pages do not show as links in non-default theme.  See attached image.  The link is there, but there is no text for the link, just background theme.  Works fine in default theme, and works fine for default "About Us" and "Our Team" links.

Feature request:
1. Ability to sort out membergroups on Team Page... having it be just alphabetic kind of sucks when you have a lot of custom groups and you want them sorted by importance (important ones on top and the least important at the bottom).

2. Add an option to list people in their secondary groups.  This is because everybody on my forum is in non stock usergroup. But moderators and administrators have other groups assigned to them as secondary.  I don't want to display default groups at all on the team page, I just want all of my custom groups to be displayed, but since my admins and mods have those custom groups as 'additional' group, they don't show up anywhere.

3. Perhaps an easier way to change link titles within the admin interface? (not important).

Cheers.

P.S.  This is the theme in question if that helps at all ( Black Rain Alt by Crip http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=118 )

lucas-ruroken

QuoteBUGS:
1. Additional custom pages do not show as links in non-default theme.  See attached image.  The link is there, but there is no text for the link, just background theme.  Works fine in default theme, and works fine for default "About Us" and "Our Team" links.

It's not a bug.... you need adapt the mod to your theme :)

I'll think about the another things.

Design your universe!

lucas-ruroken

Design your universe!

SC RaceFan

hi, I running smf 2.0 RC5 with default theme for the moment.  I think I would really like this mod and it installs fine.  When I go to Admin\forum and click on Enhanced About page, I get the following error

Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/default/languages/EAP.english-utf8.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

syntax error, unexpected T_GLOBAL

I can't do anything, clicking the "try accessing the fle firectly" nor refreshing the page does anything. I have to click the back arrow on IE 8. Help Please
If I knew what I was doing, I would not be here asking question!  If I were a programmer, I would not need you!

Swifty550

Is there anyway I can move the copyright to join the rest at the bottom rather than it being below the pages?

Great mod, but where the copyright is placed makes it look out of place.

Thanks.

SC RaceFan

Has this mod just been abonded?  I tried to uninstall it because of the issues stated in March below, I still reports as being installed and I am receiving multiple errors every day because of this mod. I would like to be totally rid of this. Can someone atleast tell me what file to edit to get all of its hooks and calls out of?
If I knew what I was doing, I would not be here asking question!  If I were a programmer, I would not need you!

lucas-ruroken

Quote from: Swifty550 on April 03, 2011, 09:32:46 AM
Is there anyway I can move the copyright to join the rest at the bottom rather than it being below the pages?

Great mod, but where the copyright is placed makes it look out of place.

Thanks.

It doesn't work on this way ;)

Quote from: SC RaceFan on June 10, 2011, 12:40:18 PM
Has this mod just been abonded?  I tried to uninstall it because of the issues stated in March below, I still reports as being installed and I am receiving multiple errors every day because of this mod. I would like to be totally rid of this. Can someone atleast tell me what file to edit to get all of its hooks and calls out of?

I attached the utf8 fixed.

If you wanna desinstall it.... desintall in the package manager.... and write here what files has an error....

Please, sorry my english ;) I'm not the translator of this mod.

Design your universe!

Jessica.

I get an error every time I trying to add a custom page. It says that I left the body empty but I DIDN'T. :/
Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

lucas-ruroken

mmmm try to disable de WISYWIG editor...

Design your universe!

MATTEK

Running SMF 2.0

Mod works fine, I just have a couple questions.

When you go on the team page, member badges are pushed to the far right of the page. Looks aweful. Is there a way to align them to the left?

Also, is there a way to organize the order of the membergroups on the team page?
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

Kindred

I have a little grump...

You have the copyright statement base64 encoded.
Now, I have no problem displaying the copyright (although I wish that mod authors would use the credits page instead of placing their copyrights all over the place)
HOWEVER....   since the copyright and formatting code is base64 encoded in the mod, it is rather a bother to modify the look of it (and more importantly, add text to the front which indicates that the PAGE CODE is created by and copyright by you... not the content or the rest of the site)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lucas-ruroken

good point kindred, I apunted it... I'll update the mod in the next days.

Design your universe!

MATTEK

Quote from: MATTEK on June 21, 2011, 05:11:07 PM
Running SMF 2.0

Mod works fine, I just have a couple questions.

When you go on the team page, member badges are pushed to the far right of the page. Looks aweful. Is there a way to align them to the left?

Also, is there a way to organize the order of the membergroups on the team page?

Still wondering...
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

Advertisement: