Site gives a 500 error

Started by sbartelski, April 29, 2024, 04:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbartelski

All of a sudden, after not visiting this forum for a number of days, the site is giving me a 500 message. I managed to get the log entry that seems to be causing the problem, image attached below.

Anyone have an idea what is going on?

TIA
Stefan
Stefan Bartelski
Webmaster for the Cadillac LaSalle Discussion forums

Arantor

So is there a file in the Sources folder called ScheduledTasks.php?

If not, I'd be asking why not - this file should be there, it's part of SMF 2.0 and 2.1.

Kindred

Also, Did you alter the "include path" before grabbing the image? Because that looks like it's searching the wrong path
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

No, the include path is perfectly valid on a lot of modern installations, namely 'the current folder and that's it' (the : is the path separator on Linux), but it's also irrelevant; SMF doesn't rely on the PHP include path for any of its loading, everything from index.php upwards relies on explicit full paths as opposed to system includes back in the days when we used to have things like system-wide PEAR.

sbartelski

Thnaks for the quick reply, you guys always amaze me. I went to check if the ScheduledTasks.php file was there. It was! I thought I would copy the content so you could see that too.

That is when I discovered the issue. That file had zero permissions. So, I CHMODded it to 644 and bingo, everything is working again.

Stefan
Stefan Bartelski
Webmaster for the Cadillac LaSalle Discussion forums

Advertisement: