2.0.10 "unable to find package file" — said file disappears when reupload done

Started by Halian, August 06, 2015, 03:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halian

I installed the APImage plugin, and it didn't do what I was expecting. So I went to uninstall it, and accidentally deleted instead, causing SMF to throw "Unable to find package file!" when I do try to uninstall it. However, when, after manually downloading the package, trying to reupload it to ./Packages, it disappears as soon as the upload is complete. Halp?

Addendum: Now the package is there, but it's still throwing the exact same error.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Halian

Hrm. I hxxp:puu.sh/jrulN/a14c387b9d.png [nonactive], but it hxxp:puu.sh/jrumn/45fc152bae.png [nonactive], and now my forum is rather quite sluggish. Also, when I try to remove all hooks, it simply jumps back into the installed column.

margarett

Did you upload the package back to your "Packages" folder before running the tool?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Halian

Quote from: Halian on August 06, 2015, 03:52:25 AMHowever, when, after manually downloading the package, trying to reupload it to ./Packages, it disappears as soon as the upload is complete.

No, because this is still happening. :(

JBlaze

Who is your host? Have you tried uploading the package via your host's control panel rather than FTP? For some reason, that sometimes provides better results.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Halian

It's on Byethost. I've tried using the control panel to upload the package, and it hasn't worked either. I think I might just have to reinstall the forum. :/

margarett

You should ask you host why said files are disappearing. SMF doesn't actively delete files, so it's got to be some kind of trigger on your server.

It's strange but I see no other possibility...

Advertisement: