MCLegendII.1

Started by Bulakbol, January 28, 2008, 07:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leto Atreides II

WOW! I looked and I found it! I'm learning PHP! Thank you very much!  :D

Sabre™

lol My pleasure mate :)
Another thing you could have done for your default theme is uninstall the mod, remove your manual edits, then reinstall the mod. Or upload a fresh copy of the template, then reinstall your mods.
I only saw 2 that modified that template, but didn't read the whole template.

Good job with fixing it buddy :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

!RFAN

sorry but i could not find the option in admin area to put IDs of members... i'm using Smf 2 Rc3
i wanna show all member on legend...post base and primary
thanks... :)

Sabre™

Admin -> Features and options: then scroll down to find the "Membergroup legend display arrangement" text, where you add your groups.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

!RFAN

i cant find this option.... looks like i have installed any other version...
legends are being shown in info center..but for admin and moderator.. and no option in admin section...

Leto Atreides II

Quote from: !RFAN on August 31, 2010, 05:00:34 PM
i cant find this option.... looks like i have installed any other version...
legends are being shown in info center..but for admin and moderator.. and no option in admin section...

Did you install the Simple Staff Color Legend? I had that, and found it ugly and unversatile. The one you want is Membergroup Color Legend II.2.

!RFAN

i have installed "Membergroup Color Legend "
i will re-install this

the_shadow

there's some way to put this mod on RC3???

ThNkX

-=[Vyorel]=-

My mods for SMF - [6].

!RFAN

it is not showing my post based membergroups even after setting groups numbers in admin settings... anything wrong?

Sabre™

Try [THIS] step and see if it helps.

!RFAN

already done... but no results :s

Kurakama

Sabre™

There were no edits made to the strings this mod alters from RC3 to RC4, so the RC3 version found [HERE] will work for RC4 aswell.

sharks

C4G-TK

Quote from: Sabre™ on November 03, 2010, 03:12:04 AM
There were no edits made to the strings this mod alters from RC3 to RC4, so the RC3 version found [HERE] will work for RC4 aswell.

Worked like a charm for me.  ;)

-img removed-

sharks

Quote from: sharks on December 01, 2010, 11:24:43 AM
To avoid re-posting my suggestions, here is a link to the post: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=411332.0

Anyone considered my suggestions. They could make this mod so much better.

Sabre™

Your first suggestion is a standard addition to the SMF2 branch, I doubt whether anyone would port that for SMF1, as most are looking to the new code rather than the old, but it is possible.
With your second suggestion, we presume most would know what an administrator, moderator etc are, as some don't initially recognise the board translation of "legend", but it is merely a text string you'd add to your Modifications.english.php along the lines of
$txt['legend'] = 'Legend:';

then call it from your BoardIndex.template.php by replacing this
<span class="smalltext">[' . implode(']&nbsp;&nbsp;[', $context['membergroups']) . ']</span>

with this
<span class="smalltext">' . $txt['legend'] . '[' . implode(']&nbsp;&nbsp;[', $context['membergroups']) . ']</span>

sharks

Quote from: Sabre™ on December 06, 2010, 12:58:31 AM
Your first suggestion is a standard addition to the SMF2 branch, I doubt whether anyone would port that for SMF1, as most are looking to the new code rather than the old, but it is possible.

I know that 1st suggestion is integrated in the default SMF2 installation. But at of this time, and until 2.0 final is released, SMF 1.1.12 is the stable platform and recommended by none other than the SMF for use on production forums. 2.0 RC versions are, quote: "Note: As this is in development, we do not recommend running SMF 2.0 RC4 on a production site."
So... it is very much worthwhile for someone to support this mod for SMF 1.1.x and as i do not have the knowledge necessary to code it myself, hopefully someone will take the initiative to update this very useful mod for the SMF community.
Thanks for the help to sort out the "legend" text addition. I think it's useful as most forums have special ranks other than the standard admin, moderators, etc.

Kimmen

Hey Sabre,
Could use your help. I am trying to install this on my new site, i am running SMF RC4 + TP 1.0 RC1 with Crips Anecdota Theme. I get this error on installing:

Click image to make it bigger.

Can you help me with this one?

I also prefer to have the membergroup names in bold written, same with useronline, if this can be done.

Greetings
Kim

Advertisement: