News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

People getting birthday greetings today 01.01.2020

Started by dsanchez, January 01, 2020, 04:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

there seems to be a bug bcs people are getting birthday greetings notifications even when they dont have birthday today! :( anyone experiencing the same issue?

d3vcho

The user in this topic is getting the same error. I'll ask you the same I asked him:

Quote from: d3vcho(); on January 01, 2020, 01:57:04 PM
That's actually weird. Can you check the users' birthdays to see if they are correct? From the database, ideally.

Quote from: d3vcho(); on January 01, 2020, 02:47:56 PM
From which version were you upgrading? Also, do you have a backup of the database before you upgraded, so we can check the birthdays before applying the upgrade.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

m4z

I think I'm seeing something similar in all my 2.1 installations: If my assumption is correct that the cake image in the Age row of the Profile Summary indicates it's their birthday, then this only happens for users that didn't specify a birthdate. So their age shows as "N/A [cake.png]". Luckily, I don't send birthday reminders.

Those that did specify a birthdate are unchanged.

Edit: production forum is running HEAD from ~2019-10-11, so the problem exists since then at least.
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

woolly bugger

so the date that is entered for the users who got emails is 1004-01-01 on my forum...

see the attached that I see in mysql file...

lurkalot

Quote from: m4z on January 01, 2020, 04:33:22 PM

this only happens for users that didn't specify a birthdate. So their age shows as "N/A [cake.png]".

Just checked one of my 2.1 test sites, and it's doing the same as yours.

Edit:  Actually both my 2.1 test sites are doing the same.  Second one only has one member and that's me as admin, It gave me a slice of cake too.  ;)

SychO

Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

dcr7

Almost posted a new thread before finding this one.

For whatever it's worth, I've also found that if you enter 01 for the month and 01 for the day and leave the year blank, nothing will get saved when you click "Change Profile" to update your profile.

If you enter a month and day other than 01 (I haven't checked every possible combination, but 01/01 is the only problematic one I've found), then the month and day are saved, but the year gets saved as 1004.

If you enter a birth year, but no month or day, then nothing gets saved.

I'm running 2.1 RC3.

Advertisement: