News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Jason,

Why don't you POST the answer here for the whole community to share?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dzonny

Quote from: Kindred on May 22, 2014, 01:03:23 AM
Jason,

Why don't you POST the answer here for the whole community to share?
Yeah, that would be highly appreciated.

forfun

This is his first post. He is just a troll!

Arantor

I'm fairly sure that it's about fixing it in exchange for a fee. Assuming he's got the skills and right now I'm somewhat sceptical.

Kindred

I suspect the same thing, Arantor (the fee, that is - I leave the debate as to his skill until there is evidence one way or the other)

However, I want him to come out and say it rather than hinting....   
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

The fee was pretty much a given. The skill... that's speculation on my part but nothing about his post gives me cause to think he knows enough to make it work, let's put it that way.

Kindred

I will note... if he's charging for a modified version of SA's mod, then he is likely in violation of the license
Слaва
Украинi

Dblog

Even when facebook auto login is enabled, but registration is disabled, facebook login button in login page is not seen.
This button becomes visible only when registration is enabled ?? how and why ??

I also use SA Google Integration but there i see no such issues

How can i disable all registrations but still allow login button to be seen (though i guess ppl with cookies enabled are being auto logged in)

jlt1

After launching my website, it has been brought up to me, that in order for a user who registered with facebook using the SA Facebook mod, that they can't save account changes because they have to enter a password. If the user is using their facebook for registration, is a local registration completely bypassed, therefore the user does not have a password on the website? I am confused on this. If a user wants to change their information under account settings, they can't do it without having a password to save the changes. Any tips on this?

vbgamer45

Quote from: jlt1 on May 24, 2014, 11:29:19 PM
After launching my website, it has been brought up to me, that in order for a user who registered with facebook using the SA Facebook mod, that they can't save account changes because they have to enter a password. If the user is using their facebook for registration, is a local registration completely bypassed, therefore the user does not have a password on the website? I am confused on this. If a user wants to change their information under account settings, they can't do it without having a password to save the changes. Any tips on this?
That is a current bug since we set an internal password not shown for facebook registrations.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

they can always recover/reset the forum password by using the lost password function
Слaва
Украинi

smartmouse

Hello.
i'm trying to install SA Facebook mod but i get some errors.

When i try to install the mod SMF asks me to enter FTP login details (it is the first time i see it) and after i entered them i get this error:
"You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!"
so i created a "temp" folder and chmoded it to 777 to solve it.
Then the installation seems to be fine but i discovered that no files was modified.
The installation only adds new files but do not modify file like Display.template.php.
In fact if i try to remove the mod i get "Test failed" errors...

What could be the problem?

I tried to install other packages and all was fine. I also tried to install SA Facebook and other site but i get the same problems!

Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for my english.

kronprom

"OAuthException: (#12) username is deprecated for versions v2.0 and higher"

It's happen because Graph API 2.0 not allow to access "username"

solve:
change to API 1.0   (get /v1.0/me)    or  get "name" instead

jlt1

Quote from: Kindred on May 25, 2014, 10:16:24 PM
they can always recover/reset the forum password by using the lost password function
After digging I found a solution. I set registration method to manual and it'll use some facebook data but the user will still have to do all the required registration steps and bypass e-mail activation (that's how I wanted it). The resetting password with their e-mail was also no good under the automatic setting because it used their facebook profile URL (e.g., fb.com/[email protected] [nofollow]. It often wasn't a valid e-mail address and even then those e-mails typically go the facebook messages "other" folder and therefore they had no access to getting a retrieval password via e-mail reset. Admin action was required. :)

Dzonny

Quote from: kronprom on May 30, 2014, 03:34:58 AM
"OAuthException: (#12) username is deprecated for versions v2.0 and higher"

It's happen because Graph API 2.0 not allow to access "username"

solve:
change to API 1.0   (get /v1.0/me)    or  get "name" instead

Sorry, can you please explain a bit more how to do it?
I just tried to change version to 1.0 and to change "name" to "username" but i failed, because when i save changes i got some error page or whatever it is...
Printscreen attached.

kronprom

Dzonny  :   sorry for my bad English .. I will try my best to answer you  :)

1 .  Choose : Your Application name
2.   Check:    API  version  supported  for your App
                      **   If you just create new application , it will show only v2.0 that's means  you can not use SA FB Module with your App.
                 To Solve :
                      1.  Change your Application   (if you have created  before April , Choose one that support API v1.0 "
                      or 2. Modify code in File  FaccbookHooks.php     find  " me?fields=id,name,username"  then remove ",username"

3.  Click :  "Get Access Token" 
4.   Test Get :  field " username"   

Dzonny

Thank you so much    kronprom, that helped to me, and app is working fine now :)

So for everyone who's not sure how to do it, I did it with using one of mine old apps on FB which has option for v 1.0, so I just changed url and all settings in that app, and then go to Tools - Graph Explored, choose the app that you'll use, and firstly change the version to 1.0 then get access token and debug it. After that just add ",username" to the field below and save everything. That should be it.

However, let me just note that editing FacebookHooks.php file didn't helped in my case though.

Thanks once again!

JOSHSKORN

Where are THESE settings?  I see a screen shot much further down in the instructions that seem to go with the inputs described here but where do I find the screen for it?  Is it on Facebook or is it on my site?  THIS is where I'm getting confused.

QuoteDescription - you may put a description for your application/website if you wish
    Icon - You may use a 16x16 favicon if you wish
    Logo - you may upload a logo to be used on facebook for your application if you wish
    Language - (self explanatory) Select your preferred language
    User Support Address - You MUST choose an option.
    You MUST complete the field below based on your choice
    Facebook automatically uses your personal email address if you do not complete this field
    This field cannot be left blank
    Contact Email - this is the email address that you would prefer to have Facebook contact you as the developer of the application
    Privacy Policy URL & Terms of Use URL - I recommend yoursite/action=register
    You may also simple copy the registration agreement into a post and provide a link to said post
    Developers - (self explanatory) Add and remove other developers if needed
    You do NOT need to click save at this time... just continue to the next step.

Kindred

Those are part of creating the Facebook app
Слaва
Украинi

JOSHSKORN

Quote from: Kindred on June 01, 2014, 12:01:44 AM
Those are part of creating the Facebook app

What do I click on to see where to input those?  When creating the Facebook app, I only see what's on the first screen shot.

Advertisement: