News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBO

is there a way to up the size of the text in history for this shoutbox ?

regards
Dave

LiamTheDuck

Quote from: nneonneo on April 19, 2008, 05:10:20 PM
Reinstall it. Looks like it got deleted somehow?
got an error
I am back, its been like a year... so yeah.... how has it been? :D

nneonneo

@mr_fix_it: Yes, edit the CSS in yshout/yshout-style.css or yshout.php.

@pimper12: All your PHP files are having some code injected; this will severely affect the ability for the shoutbox to function correctly. Either remove the added code if possible, or turn off gzipCompression in yshout/yshout.php (the injected HTML will show up on top of the shoutbox and above the shouts div, so it will likely appear twice in the shoutbox).
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

kr5323

I have installed chat in smf 1.1.4 default theme. The installation correct, but I would like to chat just outside LOGGED visible to users. Today is visible to visitors without logging, appearing on page logging and recording.

Is it possible to make it visible only to users currently logged in?

nneonneo

Change $allowGuests to false in yshout/yshout.php.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

DBO

Quote from: nneonneo on April 21, 2008, 10:21:59 PM
@mr_fix_it: Yes, edit the CSS in yshout/yshout-style.css or yshout.php.

thanks for that nneonneo it worked a treet

Sheepdog360

Quote from: vno on August 30, 2007, 12:52:49 AM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In addition:

If you want to add a scrollbar on your block, in your theme's index.template.php, add this:

#yshout #shouts {
         overflow: auto;
                        width: 165px;       /* the width you want to display */
         height: 200px;     /* the height you want to display */
}

before:

#yshout {

I cant find that piece of code (underlined) so I can place the added code for the scroll bar, and size the shoutbox. Any help?

my index. file shows and the only possible places I can think to add the scroll code are at bottom of this post:

// YSHOUT HERE
   global $boardurl;
   echo '
   <script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
   <script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/moo.ajax.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
   <script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/behaviour.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
   <script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/domFunction.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
   <script type="text/javascript">

var myfunc = new domFunction(function()
   {
   loadChat();
   }, { "yshout":"id"});
   var board_url = "'; $boardurlparsed = parse_url($boardurl); echo (isset($boardurlparsed['path'])?$boardurlparsed['path']:""), '";

</script>
   <script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/yshout.js?Mar072008" type="text/javascript"></script>
   <script type="text/javascript">var shoutFile = "home.txt";</script>
   <style type="text/css">
   #yshout {
   font-size: 10px;
   }
   #yshout p {
   margin: 0 0 0; /* Top Bottom Linespacing */
   }
   .shout-invalid {
   background: #FFFDD1;
   }
   #yshout fieldset {
   border: none;
   }
   #yshout em {
   font-style: normal;
   }
   #yshout p {
   line-height: 1;
   margin-top: 0;
   }
   #yshout {
   overflow: hidden;
   }
   #yshout .shout-timestamp {
   font-weight: normal;
   color: #000;
   }
   #yshout .adminlink {
   font-size: 6pt;
   color: #141414;
   }
   #forum-name, #shout-text, #shout-button {
   font-size: 9px;
   margin: 0;
   padding: 0;
   }
   #yshout #forum-name {
   color: #666666;
   width: 70px;
   margin-right: 5px;
   }
   #yshout #shout-text {
   color: #000000;
   width: 310px;
   margin-right: 5px;
   }
   #yshout #shout-button {
   width: 55px;
   }
   </style>';
   // YSHOUT END

#yshout {   font-size: 10px;   }.....or.....#yshout {   overflow: hidden;  }

nneonneo

Before either of those will work.
spammers here!

sfreak

hi nneonneo

dude i couldnt under stood this

For adding smiley .Let's go.
1. Adding 1 line of script between <head> and </head> index.template.php  .

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src="',$boardurl,'/mymod/animatedcollapse.js"></script>

please tell me in detail

i am newbie

nneonneo

In Themes/<theme>/index.template.php, there are about four lines of <script type="text/javascript".... Insert that line somewhere nearby.
spammers here!

renkliforum

Quote from: falconforce on January 16, 2008, 10:20:09 AM
I try modified own shout box, so it can turn off sound  ;)

after you modified mod with sound...

in yshout.js, after
if (oldShouts != null && oldShouts != $("shouts").innerHTML)
{

add
if(get_cookie("shoutSound") == "true")
{
soundManager.setVolume('sound',200); // my addition line, you can remove it
soundManager.play('sound');
}

and add this to first line of file
if (delete_cookie('shoutSound'))
{
set_cookie('shoutSound','true',3600*24);
}

in yshout.php, add this to anywhare are you need
if(!isset($_COOKIE['shoutSound'])) {
echo '&nbsp;<a href="javascript:delete_cookie(\'shoutSound\');set_cookie(\'shoutSound\',\'true\',3600*24);delete_cookie(\'yShout_open\');loadChat();">Use Sound</a>';
} else {
echo '&nbsp;<a href="javascript:delete_cookie(\'shoutSound\');delete_cookie(\'yShout_open\');loadChat();">No Sound</a>';
}

PS. I'm add that after...
case "init":
if($gzipCompression) ob_start("ob_gzhandler"); // GZip for everything BUT the 404 header
echo '<a href="javascript:goTo(\'file=',checkName($chatFile),'&amp;history\')">',$txt['yshout_history'],'</a>&nbsp;<a href="javascript:goTo(\'help\')">',$txt['yshout_commands'],'</a>';

it's doesnt work? its never mute... why?

mjltigger

hi there what a great mod and support pages so far brilliant.. My only thing is I have my forum wrapped in mambo and so would like to reduce the maximum size of the yshout if possible. Could someone please point me to this setting in the .php please

nneonneo

@renkliforum: Can you be any more specific? It works for me, so I can only assume that you missed some instruction(s).

@mjltigger: $max_lines
spammers here!

mjltigger

thank you for looking... what happens is when users start sending messages with shout out it doesn't start scrolling until 12 lines are visible on screen. Becasue there is already a banner at the top for mambo and the screen width is reduced by the side menu i would like to reduce this to about 6 lines. I am working through the code but was hoping someone could point out the setting for me

thanks

nneonneo

mjltigger, just change $max_lines to 6. Then, clear the shoutbox a few times using /clear.
spammers here!

mjltigger

thank you.. that works great... and right at the top.. how did i miss it... i know how.. expected it to be complicated :)

ruaduck

i am trying to add this to my theme but i can't seem to do it myself. I'm so horrible at PHP it isn't funny.  Can you help me?  This is the index.template for Starlight theme.

ameo

ruaduck, your problem is unfortunatelly more complex than you think,
if you want to use shoutbox in this theme, this is what you have to do:

1. replace index.template of Starlight with the one attached in my post.

2. change text color of shoutbox  or  change background of forum   
    because otherwise    you    won't see a thing.
antechinus:
QuoteIf you are dying for a solution it may be wise to seek medical attention.
Get some Awesome Smileys for your forum

|±(ಠ_ಠ
)±|

Daggers

I have just added the smileys to the shoutbox and followed the instructions correctly. The open/close does not appear to work.

collapse1 is undefined

The animatedcollapse.js is in the mymod folder which is in the root of the forum

Any help would be appreciated :)

Advertisement: