News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[unplugged]

open settings.php in your yshout folder and change
$maxLines=25;
to 5 or 6.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

I was wondering, The shoutbox is shown on every page of the forum, How do i turn it off on some of the sections, like the admin panel, profile page or help page or something like that ?

Thank you.

Kirsty

Hi SunKing, for some reason it won't allow the edit to settings.php.......

[unplugged]

you should be able to open the file in notepad, notepad+, notepad2, or similiar and make the change. then you would simply upload the modified file back to the yshout folder overwriting the first
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Kirsty

It won't let me,  everytime I try it comes up with "error".  I thought it might have been something wrong with the server but I can edit and even delete other files, just not this one for some reason.

Carb0n

neo... you know how SMF Shoutbox has a border, etcetera, why don't you add this stuff.  It'll make your shoutbox way more professional.
I ban, Hack me!
www.google.com is your friend!
Visit www.hackhound.org for all your computer security needs!

Rafferty

Quick one, since my last adjustment, my shout display box has gone from one to two lines, how do i get it back to a single line display please?
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

[unplugged]

@Kirsty are the files chmodded correctly? You may want to try 755 or even 777.

@Carb0n  it's already been added by including the SB inside the upper <div>

@Rafferty Let me go take another look....:D  EDIT: whoops! :D, maybe we need to leave the account for a bit :D

Threepwud

Rafferty, the exact same thing happened to mine. The index.template.php file simply wasn't being directed to my css/yshout.css file.  When I linked it, it worked swimmingly.

One way to test it is to edit the css file by making a huge change which you should notice - if itdoesn't look any different then the file most probably is not being linked.

Check reply #3267 for info.

klyster

How can I make the new post and the shout bar appear above not on the end of the shoubox

nneonneo

@optimushunk: Use $context['current_action'] to control the shoutbox.
For example:
if(!in_array($context['current_action'],array(...)))
{
SHOUTBOX CODE
}

Note that admin actions are any of
'admin', 'ban', 'boardrecount', 'cleanperms', 'detailedversion', 'dumpdb', 'featuresettings', 'featuresettings2', 'findmember', 'maintain', 'manageattachments', 'manageboards', 'managecalendar', 'managesearch', 'membergroups', 'modlog', 'news', 'optimizetables', 'packageget', 'packages', 'permissions', 'pgdownload', 'postsettings', 'regcenter', 'repairboards', 'reports', 'serversettings', 'serversettings2', 'smileys', 'viewErrorLog', 'viewmembers'
which is rather painful to look at (but check out SMF 1.1.5's template_menu function for that).

@klyster: If you are using v. 1.20, just set $reverseShouts and $shoutFormOnTop in yshout/settings.php.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

psynx

@ nneonneo

i still don't get it.

anyway, i sent you a msg regarding with my concerns.

Rafferty

Quote from: Threepwud on August 02, 2008, 11:22:39 PM
Rafferty, the exact same thing happened to mine. The index.template.php file simply wasn't being directed to my css/yshout.css file.  When I linked it, it worked swimmingly.

One way to test it is to edit the css file by making a huge change which you should notice - if itdoesn't look any different then the file most probably is not being linked.

Check reply #3267 for info.

It,s not working Threepwud, Ive added the link code too

Sunking, I have approved that guest account
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

assam_siddibapa

So wen is the new version going to release ???

nneonneo

@psynx: You should be able to see it now. It was just missing the text in Modifications.english.php.

@assam_siddibapa: I've been busy the past few days, but I should be able to get all my testing done today.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

psynx

@nneonneo

thanks a lot.

perhaps i followed your instructions wrongly because i added the codes after '?>' and it was really messy!  :D

but one more thing, i give my regular members access to the shoutbox through permissions > membergroup settings but they still could not see the shoutbox on their own page. they don't see it. i am the only who has shoutbox on my page.

perhaps nneonneo you may try and check my forum site back or maybe give me instructions how to fix it.

digit

Quote from: nneonneo on August 19, 2007, 03:39:56 PM
Adding sound:
Get SoundManager2 (http://www.schillmania.com/projects/soundmanager2/)
Place soundmanager2.js in yshout/js
Place soundmanager2.swf in yshout/
Place the desired sound in yshout/ and change the URL below to match (MUST BE MP3!)

Place the following code after
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/yshout.js?Jul222007" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">var shoutFile = "home.txt";</script>

in index.template.php:
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/soundmanager2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">soundManager.url="',$boardurl,'/yshout/soundmanager2.swf";
soundManager.debugMode = false;
soundManager.consoleOnly = false;
soundManager.onload = function() {
soundManager.createSound({id:"sound", url:"', $boardurl, '/yshout/sound.mp3", autoPlay:false});
}</script>

Replace <PLAY SOUND> by soundManager.play('sound');

EDIT: Update for newer Soundmanager version (dated Mar 31 2008)

I am lost - where is <PLAY SOUND>?
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

nneonneo

spammers here!

psynx

my problems were solved! cheers!!!  ;D

thanks to you nneonneo

digit

Quote from: renkliforum on April 25, 2008, 06:40:25 AM
Quote from: falconforce on January 16, 2008, 10:20:09 AM
I try modified own shout box, so it can turn off sound  ;)

after you modified mod with sound...

in yshout.js, after
if (oldShouts != null && oldShouts != $("shouts").innerHTML)
{

add
if(get_cookie("shoutSound") == "true")
{
soundManager.setVolume('sound',200); // my addition line, you can remove it
soundManager.play('sound');
}

and add this to first line of file
if (delete_cookie('shoutSound'))
{
set_cookie('shoutSound','true',3600*24);
}

in yshout.php, add this to anywhare are you need
if(!isset($_COOKIE['shoutSound'])) {
echo '&nbsp;<a href="javascript:delete_cookie(\'shoutSound\');set_cookie(\'shoutSound\',\'true\',3600*24);delete_cookie(\'yShout_open\');loadChat();">Use Sound</a>';
} else {
echo '&nbsp;<a href="javascript:delete_cookie(\'shoutSound\');delete_cookie(\'yShout_open\');loadChat();">No Sound</a>';
}

PS. I'm add that after...
case "init":
if($gzipCompression) ob_start("ob_gzhandler"); // GZip for everything BUT the 404 header
echo '<a href="javascript:goTo(\'file=',checkName($chatFile),'&amp;history\')">',$txt['yshout_history'],'</a>&nbsp;<a href="javascript:goTo(\'help\')">',$txt['yshout_commands'],'</a>';

it's doesnt work? its never mute... why?

I get a Use sound link, and it works GREAT!  (FINALLY!)   BUT the Use sound link never turns to "No Sound" any idea why?

Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

Advertisement: