Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoeri

@nneonneo 

It dosnt work here
Eeeusers.nl Asus Eee pc discussie forum
http://www.eeeusers.nl

Ditron

I've got a problem and my english is too bad to understand the solution. I installed the shoutbox (1.21) on my forum (1.1.6, german, standart theme, no other mods). During the installation no errors were indicated. Now, when I look at the forum, the shoutbox is there, but with following text:

QuoteWarning! The shoutbox text files for your language are not installed. This may cause the shoutbox and admin settings to appear wrong.

To fix this problem, copy ***/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php to ***/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.german.php and translate as desired.

To ignore this notice, click here.

(*** = complete link to the forum on the server deleted by me)

a) What I have to do?  ???

b) Where can I find the admin-center of the shoutbox?

Thanks 4 help!

dwd2000

Great product.  ;)
I'm using it as a chat room, via Site Integration Mod. Works great. (with your help  ;) )

I just need one more thing from you, if you can help.

I would like to put a "Who's Viewing" on it, right under the title.
That way people know that there are actually people viewing.
At the moment, people are just assuming.

Any ideas???
30 years ago I was young and foolish.
Now I'm just young.

DAMMIT JIM...I'M A TWEAKER...NOT A CODER!!!

Dave's Games

nneonneo

@F.L.A.M.E.R: I actually don't know why that would fail unless you stripped <sesc> out of the output...

@Rafferty: I thought I fixed the who's online thing with 1.21...

@yoeri: Well, the only other thing I can suggest is to turn off script debugging in IE.

@Ditron: As it says, you need to copy the file
***/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php
to
***/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.german.php
*or* you can just opt to install a German language package.

@dwd2000: You are using Site Integration Mod, right? Does it log to Who's Online? If it does, then it is not hard to do (one database query ought to handle it). If it doesn't log to Who's Online, then you are out of luck.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

TheEru

Hello,

I had Advanced SB working in SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1. I switched to Beta 4, reinstalled the SB and I get the errors in the attached screenshot. I've tried installing it anyway and the SB doesn't show up.

I uninstalled it and tried installing it manually but it still wouldn't show up.

I tried deleting all of the SB modifications from the code and starting over installing it through the package system--still got the errors and still doesn't work.

My users are starting to whine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ditron

Quote from: nneonneo on September 25, 2008, 11:27:03 PM

I'm so blind... I installed the german language package and the error is gone.  :)

But now another question:
Only me (Admin) can use the SB. I tried to /unlock, but with no sucess. What I have to do, to open the SB for other users?

Rafferty

Admin/Permissions ....  Shoutbox
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

yoeri

nneonneo  Is there realy not anny another solution ?
Eeeusers.nl Asus Eee pc discussie forum
http://www.eeeusers.nl

Alan S

Quote from: Ditron on September 26, 2008, 03:57:13 AM

I'm so blind... I installed the german language package and the error is gone.  :)

But now another question:
Only me (Admin) can use the SB. I tried to /unlock, but with no sucess. What I have to do, to open the SB for other users?

Make sure the other usergroups have permission to view the shoutbox. Check via Admin -> Permissions
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

@F.L.A.M.E.R: I actually don't know why that would fail unless you stripped <sesc> out of the output...

Site link:-
http://gadgetrader.com

Any files you need for checking stuff ?

The_Rogue

No Matter how I upload  any version. I cannot get the shout box to show up or even show the shoutbox in the admin area to enable it. I tried doing it from the default core theme and still nothing. Our current version is 1.1.6 so is that an issue??

Ditron

It works!

Thanks @ Rafferty and Alan!

Sometimes I see a short error message, wich disappears very fast. But I can't find any problem - so I don't care.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

ok one more problem with another forum.

The shoutbox loads up properly at first.. and then after showing it for 1 second it colapses.. i mean just vanishes away.. i have the smileys edit done. it just happened randomly

schifazl

Hello everybody! :)

I have a little annoyance with the shoutbox :)

I've followed this post to insert a vertical scrollbar in my shoutbox. I only used the first part because I'm not interested in autoscrolling and I've used just the height attribute.

The little annoyance is that now the shoutbox shows the messages on the top instead of scrolling to the bottom (bottom messages are the newest). It's possible to correct this? Many thanks :)

P.S.: If it matters, I've put the shoutbox in a TinyPortal's phpbox

graecus

Quote from: TheEru on September 25, 2008, 11:52:21 PM
Hello,

I had Advanced SB working in SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1. I switched to Beta 4, reinstalled the SB and I get the errors in the attached screenshot. I've tried installing it anyway and the SB doesn't show up.

I uninstalled it and tried installing it manually but it still wouldn't show up.

I tried deleting all of the SB modifications from the code and starting over installing it through the package system--still got the errors and still doesn't work.

My users are starting to whine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I am getting this exact same problem and (lol) my users are also whining.  Thanks in advance, great mod!

[unplugged]

@TheEru   and   graecus

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=137508.msg1697317#msg1697317

@The_Rogue

Can you post your index.template.php?

@F.L.A.M.E.R.

I had this happen to my site and found that it was more than one javascript using a form of the onload event handler.  Nneonneo found this page that really helped me understand.

@schifazl

Open settings.php and go down to line 32 (or so) and change the $reverseShouts. If it's set to true, change it to false, and if it's set to false, change it to true. :)
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

schifazl

Quote from: SunKing on September 26, 2008, 10:17:39 PM
@schifazl

Open settings.php and go down to line 32 (or so) and change the $reverseShouts. If it's set to true, change it to false, and if it's set to false, change it to true. :)
Thanks for the help, but the problem was another, the shoutbox wasn't scrolling to the bottom... but I've just adapted the autoscroll script so  that now it works as I wish.

Sorry that I've bothered you for nothing :)
Keep up the good work, this shoutbox is great! ;D

[unplugged]

Glad you have it working.  :D
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

GamersGoop

Hi. I couldn't find this anywhere, so sorry if it's already been asked.

I am using the Site Integration mod and I'm trying to add the shoutbox to an action page... How would I go about doing that? My SMF version is 1.15

I added this code to the page but I get javascript errors and none of the links work on the shoutbox.

<?php
global $txt,$context,$boarddir;
if(
allowedTo('yshout_view'))
{
echo 
'<br /><b>',$txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'</b><br /><br />';
echo 
'<div id="yshout">';
include_once(
$boarddir.'/yshout/yshout.php');
echo 
'</div>';
}
elseif(
$context['user']['is_guest'])
echo 
$txt['yshout_no_guests'];
?>

I figured it would work since it was the code to be put on the index template.. But I was wrong. If you can help that'd be great! Thanks.

GamersGoop

Nevermind about my last post! I figured it out. Thank you for this great mod =]

Advertisement: