Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Queen

I got the right version now. Sorry about that

TheListener

Quote from: Shadow Queen on August 28, 2011, 07:07:10 PM
I try that one but it's saying it don't work with the SMF 2.0 gold

What are the exact words?

I have recently added more games tomy arcade which is on a 2.0 forum.

unitman

I am trying to upload games to the arcade and for some reason it is throwing out the following error.

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/*******/public_html/Sources/Tar.php on line 21

It was working a week or so ago and I don't remember changing anything to make it stop working.   I got no idea where to look.  Anyone got any ideas that might help.  Did the file "PEAR.php" just disappear?

lurkalot

Quote from: unitman on August 29, 2011, 08:34:08 AM
I am trying to upload games to the arcade and for some reason it is throwing out the following error.

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/*******/public_html/Sources/Tar.php on line 21

It was working a week or so ago and I don't remember changing anything to make it stop working.   I got no idea where to look.  Anyone got any ideas that might help.  Did the file "PEAR.php" just disappear?

Pear.php is a server file,  ask your host if they changed anything over the last few days, or the path to it.  My guess is your uploader is looking for it and can't find it at the path in your error message.

Shadow Queen

Quote from: Brack1 on August 28, 2011, 07:28:10 PM
Quote from: Shadow Queen on August 28, 2011, 07:07:10 PM
I try that one but it's saying it don't work with the SMF 2.0 gold

What are the exact words?

I have recently added more games tomy arcade which is on a 2.0 forum.

The first time I try install it on the forum. It's saying didn't work with the version I have or the file was ain't any good. But I went to the mod site at first I think and grab it there.

Someone was telling me in this topic Grab it from the first post and it install without any problem's at all

andyac

i really need this mod or hack for 2.0 gold. can someone direct me to where to get it?

Shadow Queen

Quote from: andyac on August 29, 2011, 02:31:28 PM
i really need this mod or hack for 2.0 gold. can someone direct me to where to get it?

Check the first post in this topic. It's will install on your forum with out any problem's :)

I have SMF Gold too. I have this mod install on my forum.

andyac

are you saying you installed SMF Arcade 2.5 RC1 on 2.0 final and it runs?

Ozzie

you can run the arcade on 2.0 final using emulation or you can go to smf arcade site and get a unofficial version for smf 2.0

2000+ games available to download

andyac

can i get link to the unofficial 2.0? the smf arcade forum does not let me register

Ozzie

yer the link is good but it no good to anyone who is not registered they cannot download it unless they are (i would drop fwitt a pm here on this site he will sort reg out for you)

2000+ games available to download

andyac

yes please, i need a mirror link for that.. the smfarcade registration verification fails all the time

lurkalot

Quote from: andyac on August 31, 2011, 04:30:13 AM
can i get link to the unofficial 2.0? the smf arcade forum does not let me register

Quote from: Ozzie on August 31, 2011, 07:01:09 AM
yer the link is good but it no good to anyone who is not registered they cannot download it unless they are (i would drop fwitt a pm here on this site he will sort reg out for you)

I've registered and activated andyac's account for him. ;)

fwitt

Quote from: andyac on August 31, 2011, 01:32:23 PM
yes please, i need a mirror link for that.. the smfarcade registration verification fails all the time

Skhilled has a mirror of the download on his site http://www.skhilled.com/docs/index.php?topic=311.msg1045

started typing this before i noticed lirkalots reply but it may come in useful for others so posting it anyway.

looks like I have to investigate the registration it seems to be acting the wrong way round spam bots are getting in and users reporting registration issues.

jdvarner

Folks stay away. I loaded the download in the link above this post and it killed my forum. Loaded fine but it screwed the nav bar. I couldnt recover from the 2 previous backups i had which are from today. It f'd up the navigation bar and the arcade over ran the forum itself. Had to start over as i couldn't get it to reverse. Stay away till its proved to work in 2.0

fwitt

Quote from: jdvarner on September 02, 2011, 02:23:49 AM
Folks stay away. I loaded the download in the link above this post and it killed my forum. Loaded fine but it screwed the nav bar. I couldnt recover from the 2 previous backups i had which are from today. It f'd up the navigation bar and the arcade over ran the forum itself. Had to start over as i couldn't get it to reverse. Stay away till its proved to work in 2.0

Do/Did you also have the SA shop mod installed, another user has reported the same symptoms. They fixed it by doing something with hooks.

Cant find the thread where i read it originally but have found a similar thread to do with the shop mod if its any use. http://www.sa-smf.com/community/index.php?topic=1356.0

jdvarner

Nope, didn't have the shop mod. Running smf 2.0, eazy blue theme, with the following mods. All i know is once it showed install would work fine and i proceeded it locked the entire board to the arcade itself. couldnt go into administration and uninstall. couldnt navigate anywhere but the arcade. went to reinstall backups and nothing would overwrite what was there. would maintain the files that were dorked up from the install.

Previous Mods prior to install of the arcade:

Activity Bar, AEVA Media, Attachments in Topics, Avatar Select, Board Viewers, Copyright, Google Member Map, Relative Dates, RSS Feeder, Contact Page, Users Online Today.

Chen Zhen

Quote from: jdvarner on September 02, 2011, 12:02:58 PM
Nope, didn't have the shop mod. Running smf 2.0, eazy blue theme, with the following mods. All i know is once it showed install would work fine and i proceeded it locked the entire board to the arcade itself. couldnt go into administration and uninstall. couldnt navigate anywhere but the arcade. went to reinstall backups and nothing would overwrite what was there. would maintain the files that were dorked up from the install.

Previous Mods prior to install of the arcade:

Activity Bar, AEVA Media, Attachments in Topics, Avatar Select, Board Viewers, Copyright, Google Member Map, Relative Dates, RSS Feeder, Contact Page, Users Online Today.

I can't seem to duplicate your issue.

Local test: Installed a fresh SMF 2.0 with the mods and theme stated in the last post and then installed the latest version of the Arcade without issue.
Also already tested on live forums with several mods installed including others that use hooks (ie. for the button array) without issue.

Imo - your problem was possibly caused by another mod and/or an install error that was ignored (not parsed).

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

jdvarner

Thanks Underdog. I'll give it a go again without the mods.

Advertisement: