News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Upload Image permission by board

Started by aw06, March 19, 2010, 05:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aw06

Lets say i want people to be able to upload pics to server, but only in a specific board i set, can it be done ?
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Arantor

Yes, it's a board level permission.

Create a new profile (Admin > Permissions > Edit Profiles) for that board and enable the permission - while ensuring it's not enabled in the other profiles.

aw06

ok, will check it out ... same can be done in 1.1.x no ?
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Arantor

Sure. Turn on by-board permissions in Admin > Permissions > Settings, convert the board(s) you want to local permissions.

flapjack

be aware, that if you create any additional groups in future you *MUST* review per-board policies to include/or not thos groups, orelse they won't be able to post images

aw06

Quote from: flapjack on March 19, 2010, 06:30:51 PM
be aware, that if you create any additional groups in future you *MUST* review per-board policies to include/or not thos groups, orelse they won't be able to post images

yeah, i realize ... can be a pain

Advertisement: