SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eliana Tamerin

Then you'll probably require some coding in LogInOut.php. It's a default SMF behavior, not one that SP tries to alter. Feel free to post in Custom Coding on SP.net.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

elliatt

I posted on the SP site yesterday and have still yet to receive reply from there

elliatt

FYI in case anyone else has this issue - the majority of the issue was solved by

Admin > Configuration > Features and Options

Tick the setting that says "Allow guests to browse the forum" and then click on save.

LC

I noticed when I was using the BBC custom block that if I used the [ html ]  tags, it would not parse them.

Instead it would fill up the code with a bunch of /// instead, making the  tag useless.

I am using 2.3.1 and RC2 Curve.

Any ideas?

Eliana Tamerin

The [html] tag is probably not going to work well on a BBC block anyways. If you need HTML, you're far better off using the Custom HTML block.

Download | Docs

LC

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on December 23, 2009, 08:10:52 PM
The [html] tag is probably not going to work well on a BBC block anyways. If you need HTML, you're far better off using the Custom HTML block.
That's what I was wondering. Alright thanks.

clewis789

i get this error while install and i also get the same error if i am trying to install tiny portal.

1.     Execute Modification     ./index.php     Test failed

these are all the mods i have:

Mod Name     Version     
1.    Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio    6.9.99    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.    Auto Email Inactive Users    1.7    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Custom Profile Field Mod    3.20    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Karma Buttons    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    FontandSizeDropdown_1.3    1.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    SimplePortal    2.3    [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    Global Headers Footers    1.4.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    SMF 1.0.17 / 1.1.9 / 2.0 RC1 Update    1.0    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.    SMF 1.0.18 / 1.1.10 / 2.0 RC1-2 Update    1.1    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.    Top 10 Posters and Topic Starters Stats (Today, This Week, This Month)    2.3.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.    SMF 1.0.16 / 1.1.8 Update    1.0    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.    Twitter mod    1.5    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.    AvatarSelect    1.2.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.    SMF 1.0.19 / 1.1.11 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.    simplemp    3.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16.    SMF File Manager    2.1.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17.    AjaxChat Integration    3.2.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

I am using smf 1.1.11
My Mods:

Playstation 3 Avatars - http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2150

Xbox 360 Avatars - Will be up very soon.

Nintendo Wii Avatars - Coming Soon

infyquest

shoutbox thats in simpleportal slowing the server down. making cpu usage go 100%.

Eliana Tamerin

Quote from: infyquest on December 24, 2009, 09:06:40 AM
shoutbox thats in simpleportal slowing the server down. making cpu usage go 100%.

This is a known bug with the [email] tag. You can fix this for the moment by the following:
If you can access the shoutbox, delete any shouts with emails in them.
If not, disable the shoutbox. This should return your server CPU to normal (a reset might be required to bring it back down immediately).
Enter phpMyAdmin or your preferred database management tool.
Bring up your forum's database, then browse the sp_shout table. Remove any shouts with emails in them this way.
Then you can re-enable the shoutbox.

After this, disable the [email] tag in your Shoutbox edit page.

Download | Docs

infyquest

also is there any possibility of having a flash based/something that makes the pages load faster.
Since my forum users are saying chatbox has slowed it a bit.
And most shouts don't have email tag.
I am disabling email tag

~DS~

I am getting my video stretched out in portal. Any way to fix it?

http://thetwoworldsforum.com
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Eliana Tamerin

Looks like you're using AEVA. You'll need to consult with that mod's readme/author to go about restricting video dimensions.

Download | Docs

~DS~

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on December 28, 2009, 08:05:31 PM
Looks like you're using AEVA. You'll need to consult with that mod's readme/author to go about restricting video dimensions.
Sorry it was a SMF4iPHone mod. When I click "Switch to iPhone" this is what happens. Uninstall and deleted it. Working fine now. SimplePortal FTW!!
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

infyquest

~DS~

Someone know the code for auto horizontal scrolling? My members want them in portal on welcome board text simliar to the one in News called "fade".

adbrad

when i created a page how do i get it to show on the portal as the only way i seem to be able to access is through the admin panel
thanks

dkharp

Greetings!  I created a temp folder to get this installed.

Now I get the following error. 

Warning: require_once(/home/content/j/o/h/johnnyskid/html/republicpostnet/Sources/Subs-Portal.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/j/o/h/johnnyskid/html/republicpostnet/index.php on line 67

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/j/o/h/johnnyskid/html/republicpostnet/Sources/Subs-Portal.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/j/o/h/johnnyskid/html/republicpostnet/index.php on line 67

I have been able to retrieve my forum back.

David Starr

I too am having a problem with getting logged out after having enabled the RSS block in Simple Portal. I've had SP installed and running for several days, but today I enabled an RSS block, and the next time I left the admin section & tried to come back, it asked for a password but would not let me in. I had to completely log out of the site & return to get in and disable the RSS block, at which time the password /logout problem went away.
I like Simple Portal, but would like to be able to use the RSS feed. Any ideas why or how this is interfering with logging in to admin? 
I am running Simple Portal 2.3.1 on SMF 1.1.11

~DS~

Any idea how to get the "News" to fade in SP?

Jaymjaym

Having some issues installing the portal; it appears to install cleanly, but when it redirects to action=manageportal, I get "An Error Has Occurred!".

Error log says:

8: Undefined index: cannot_sp_manage_settings
File: /home/XXXXX/public_html/forums/Sources/Errors.php

Other mods installed:

Stars And Badges      2.1
SMF Arcade      2.0.18
Custom BBCode      2.00
Tar Game Uploader      1.0

Advertisement: