Conversion issues - Could use a bit of help from the eggspurts :)

Started by MartyHunter, June 19, 2023, 10:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyHunter

I am trying to help convert a site from VB 3.8.5 to SMF, a rush job I thought I could help with thanks to the converter tool and the support on here. I expected it to be quick (if a bit dirty!), the owner has plans to use a proper expert to take it much more up-market in next few months. For now he wants to change host asap but keep a functional forum/database so he doesn't lose 20 years of activity and valuable content.

After 3 attempts I am a bit stumped so I thought a post here might highlight something dumb I did or an easy fix. Here's what I have done...

Installed SMF 2.0.19.
Converted VBulletin 3.8.5 to SMF using the vbulletin37 tool.
Upgraded 20.1.9 to latest (2.1) as per the upgrade guide.

2 major issues:

1. After the upgrade, we can't login. There are two admin level user accounts. NEITHER will allow login, just says "Password Incorrect".

2. Image attachments are missing in people's posts.

Anyone advice hugely appreciated, thanks.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MartyHunter

Solved the logins but having a couple of other major issues:

1. There is no option for users to attach photos to their posts, only to add an image from a URL. How do they get the attach option? (I have been right through all options and settings and looks like attachments SHOULD be working)

2. Similar weird issue with Smileys. I get between 1 and 6 smiley on post editor (wysiwyg). There should be a whole line of them. Been through and selected every single installed smiley pack (5 or 6 in total), but never get more than 5 or 6, With the default install set, i only get ONE smiley!?

Any ideas appreciated, thanks

Steve

Again @MartyHunter - please post your questions in one topic. Posting them in multiple topics causes confusion. Thanks.
DO NOT pm me for support!

MartyHunter

I apologise. Too many tabs open and fried brains. I've cleaned up now (showered and closed 70 tabs :D) so won't happen again :)
I must say, I am SO pleased I found SMF, both the forum software and the documentation and support makes it an absolute joy to work with. Thanks to all involved.

P.S. I am happy for this thread to be deleted if you'd like to do that.

Advertisement: