After editing the post, I am assigned as the author of the mention

Started by jsx, April 11, 2024, 10:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsx

Hi. I think there's a bug in the mention system, which I mentioned before in this post:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=587846.msg4170885#msg4170885

When I edit a post of a user who mentioned another user in that post, the forum system sends a notification to the mentioned user that he was mentioned by me. It can't be that I, as an administrator, after editing a post in which there is a mention of some user, am assigned as the author of the mention.

Diego Andrés

Interesting. I'm curious if this is intended, as someone could add new mentions after editing the post in which case it would make sense that the original poster is not mentioning them.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Arantor

Not sure why you paged me, I didn't write this part of it.

It's a bug in SMF; the information is available to know whether to retrigger notifications for an event but I'd argue that modifyPost should at best do nothing, or failing that, only process newly added notifications (the mentions table will have this information to hand)

Figure out what it should do and then it can be fixed in a future version - either way I'll agree the current behaviour is wrong.

Advertisement: