News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos Dragon

You can also do it manually by changing permissions through file manager in your cPanel if your host uses a cPanel.

Otherwise just find ./chat/index.php and ./shoutbox/index.php. and this would be in directory SMF in your public_html unless you are using a subdomain or add-on domain.
"Never stop exploring new ideas, concepts and techniques, but never forget the old ones, they just may come in handy someday!"
"Don't give up! Otherwise you do not win and nothing gets accomplished!"
Einstein "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results..."
Do Not PM me for Support. They will be Ignored. Use the Threads the have been provided.

tbk22

thx for all your answears

Waiting for more features of this mod
=)

TreadLight

Quote from: Chef-Polo on June 26, 2009, 07:26:31 PM
You can also do it manually by changing permissions through file manager in your cPanel if your host uses a cPanel.

Otherwise just find ./chat/index.php and ./shoutbox/index.php. and this would be in directory SMF in your public_html unless you are using a subdomain or add-on domain.

Okay, I can edit the shoutbox/index.php and chat/index.php files, I just need to know exactly what to do with them to make them work.

Road Rash Jr.

I have permission set as you say, still not running
:-X
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Chaos Dragon

TreadLight
You will not need to edit the files themselves just change permissions from 666 to 755 or 777.
If your not sure which ask your Host Provider.

Bionic Rooster
I would suggest leaving your post for the mod creator to read and then they may be able to help you.
"Never stop exploring new ideas, concepts and techniques, but never forget the old ones, they just may come in handy someday!"
Einstein "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results..."
Do Not PM me for Support. They will be Ignored. Use the Threads the have been provided.

Road Rash Jr.

I just checked my server settings and all required files are present, but chat or shout is still not working
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Chaos Dragon

Bionic Rooster

What exactly is the problem as far as not working. Are you getting any error messages and so forth?
Is it causing your site to crash...You will need to be a little more specific.

Road Rash Jr.

Everything istalls wilthout error. When I click on Chat button a seperate window opens and I get this Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.international-star-riders.com Port 80   There is no error in the sever logs related to chat.

Chaos Dragon

Bionic Rooster

I got that same error also when I installed Ajax Chat it is a simple permissions change aka chmod if that is not fixing the problem then I would leave your post and let the mod creator read.

Try both 755 and 777

Road Rash Jr.

I did find this error related to today
Fri Jun 26 18:04:33 2009] [notice] cannot use a full URL in a 401 ErrorDocument directive --- ignoring!

Road Rash Jr.

Chaos Dragon

Also it does not work with all themes. If your not already using it switch to the default theme and try that. Other wise leave your post and the mod creator will help you as soon as they read your post.
Also try 755 Bionic Rooster. My Host does not allow me to use 777 if I were to use it I would get the same Internal Server Error.

mrtrc266

@ TreadLight, how do you access your files? By cPanel or an FTP Program?

If you access by cPanel then your should see something towards the right of the file like (CHMOD)

If you use an FTP Program locate the file, right click on it and you should see something like "Permissions"

CHMOD=Permission (they're both the same thing)

find /chat/index.php and CHMOD (change permissions) to 755
find /shoutbox/index.php and CHMOD (change permissions) to 755

@ Bionic Rooster, what's the URL to your forum...not your site but the forum part of it?

Road Rash Jr.

@ Bionic Rooster, what's the URL to your forum...not your site but the forum part of it?

http://www.international-star-riders.com/nsg/nsgforum/index.php

TheListener

mrt

I followed the instructions you and sunking gave me to change the name and I now have the welcome to showing in chat.

1. We are unable to chat again

2. Above sunkings chatboc area is the forum name, how would I do this to replace ajax chat?

mrtrc266

Quote from: Bionic Rooster on June 26, 2009, 09:32:46 PM

http://www.international-star-riders.com/nsg/nsgforum/index.php

Have you set your file permissions for /chat/index.php and /shoutbox/index.phpto 755 ?

Have you tried it under the default theme?

What Mods do you have installed?

mrtrc266

TL are you talkin about replacing the word "ShoutBox?"

TheListener

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 26, 2009, 09:43:18 PM
TL are you talkin about replacing the word "ShoutBox?"

No

When in the chat at the top it says ajax chat.

Road Rash Jr.

Permission set to 755
Does not work under default theme either
Mods are - Simpleportal 2.2.2, SMF Media Gallery 1.5.6, Users Online Today 1.5.4, and Ajaxchat 3.2

Road Rash Jr.

If I activate shoutbox I get the following error (18:55:20) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 500

Advertisement: