AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gale_Fujimiya

Hello, I am having some problems with the shoutbox. The package installation was ok, and the shoutbox shows up. But, only the administrators could see and chat in it. Not even moderators are able to see the shoutbox.

Can anyone help me with this? I'll really appreciate it. :) Thanks!

LeYoyo

I would be happy to help, but as writting above, I cannot install the mod without getting errors :(
Sous SMF 2.0.8

hcfwesker

Quote from: Gale_Fujimiya on August 27, 2010, 05:44:44 AM
Hello, I am having some problems with the shoutbox. The package installation was ok, and the shoutbox shows up. But, only the administrators could see and chat in it. Not even moderators are able to see the shoutbox.

Can anyone help me with this? I'll really appreciate it. :) Thanks!

Check EACH membergroups permissions in the AdminCP to make sure you have checked each membergroup that can access the chat.

Gale_Fujimiya

@hcfwesker:

omg thks!! problem solved!! now i need to find out how to turn of the sound alerts...

have disabled the sound too. Thanks hcfwesker!

TheListener

Quote from: LeYoyo on August 27, 2010, 06:09:46 AM
I would be happy to help, but as writting above, I cannot install the mod without getting errors :(

Nobody can help if you don't tell us what the errors are?

LeYoyo

Quote from: Brack1 on August 28, 2010, 12:02:03 PM
Quote from: LeYoyo on August 27, 2010, 06:09:46 AM

Nobody can help if you don't tell us what the errors are?

I wrote my problems just the page before :)

Quote from: LeYoyo on August 25, 2010, 04:14:47 PM
Hi all

Quote from: legoracer on January 13, 2010, 08:31:09 PM
Thank you LC for responding! I agree with you as in researching questions before asking. I have read over the 247 pages... and there are stuff that is close to my problem but not exactly the same as my problem; more junk than i needed to read. But who am i to say that?

I will ask for the server log and see what I can find and report back. But looking through the admin panel error log this is the only log that doesn't have the load.php problem.

http://www.saveyourskin.ca/forum/index.php?action=packages;sa=install2;package=AjaxChatIntegration_3.2.1.zip 
Database Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin' at line 8
File: /home/www/saveyourskin.ca/htdocs/forum/Packages/temp/Tables_1.1.X.php

I installed on the default theme. I have loaded and working on another theme but no one is using it as i have it turned off right now.

I have the same problem. I had a look in the next pages of this message, but couldn't find a solution.

Any idea ?

Quote from: LeYoyo on August 25, 2010, 04:40:21 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 01, 2009, 11:31:07 PM
Thanks for the kind words mikungfu.

Damn...That was a tough one LOL. The problem seemed to be PHP version 4.4.4 and not being  set to UTF-8 like had to remove DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin from the DB query.

Glad it's up and runnin for ya . Now that it's over I can tell you that this was the first time I manually installed DB Tables LMAO! And your site is still running ....PHEW!!!

Quote from: Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss on June 01, 2009, 10:49:38 PM
Sunking what mod is he talking about?
I think he thinks SK made this Mod  :D  I know he's makin some Mods for the Mod though ;)

Ok, Chatterbox here I come

I just tried to do this and to repack the zip file. But now, I have an error that the package is corrupted :/

Sous SMF 2.0.8

csraband

The words to the check boxes are not there.  How do I fix this?  I do not know which boxes to check.  I am using SMF 1.1.11

Schimi

Hiho,

I would like to use this chat in my forum. After installing it manualy i found out that the mod seems to require MySQL, but my forum runs on SQLite.

Is there any chance to make this mod run on a SQLite forum?
If not - is there a chat out there which would run on my SQLite board and could you please point me to it?

THANKS for all answers and replays  :)

My forum:
Version: SMF 2 RC 2.1
DB: SQLite
Theme: Default Core theme with light changes

hcfwesker

Quote from: csraband on August 30, 2010, 03:45:19 PM
The words to the check boxes are not there.  How do I fix this?  I do not know which boxes to check.  I am using SMF 1.1.11

If your forum's default language is English, check your Server Settings in the AdminCP, the Default language may be set to English-utf8 ; which there is no file for that language from this package.   It's something that is very easily over looked.

AdminCP > Server Settings > Core Configuration

Default Forum Language .... make sure it is set to English , and NOT English-utf8

If you check your Forum Error Log, you're probably getting a lot of errors from this when viewing that page with the empty check boxes.

Schimi

Quote from: Schimi on September 02, 2010, 05:48:18 PM
Hiho,

I would like to use this chat in my forum. After installing it manualy i found out that the mod seems to require MySQL, but my forum runs on SQLite.

Is there any chance to make this mod run on a SQLite forum?
If not - is there a chat out there which would run on my SQLite board and could you please point me to it?

THANKS for all answers and replays  :)

My forum:
Version: SMF 2 RC 2.1
DB: SQLite
Theme: Default Core theme with light changes

*push*

Anyone an idea, suggestion, explanation, a link?

ls-agro

Just finished the installation of Ajax Chat and that went okey, but Im getting this error message wenn Im opening the chat in the browser:

Query: SELECT userID, userName, userRole, channel, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(dateTime) AS timeStamp, ip FROM j91773_ls-agro.ajax_chat_online ORDER BY userName; Error-Report: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-agro.ajax_chat_online ORDER BY userName' at line 9 Error-Code: 1064

anyone knows how to fix this ?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: ls-agro on September 06, 2010, 03:57:30 PM
Just finished the installation of Ajax Chat and that went okey, but Im getting this error message wenn Im opening the chat in the browser:

Query: SELECT userID, userName, userRole, channel, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(dateTime) AS timeStamp, ip FROM j91773_ls-agro.ajax_chat_online ORDER BY userName; Error-Report: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-agro.ajax_chat_online ORDER BY userName' at line 9 Error-Code: 1064

anyone knows how to fix this ?

This also happens when the files permissions are not set correctly, it did to me once anyway, and this fixed it. CHMOD the shoutbox and chat directories to 0755.

If that does not fix it, reupload the shoutbox and chat manually it could be corrupt :)

How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?
How do I chmod? / what is chmod?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

ls-agro

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on September 06, 2010, 04:05:14 PM

This also happens when the files permissions are not set correctly, it did to me once anyway, and this fixed it. CHMOD the shoutbox and chat directories to 0755.

If that does not fix it, reupload the shoutbox and chat manually it could be corrupt :)

How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?
How do I chmod? / what is chmod?

Nope, did that but its still the same error message....

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

You also tried re uploading the directories manually via FTP ?
Extracting those directories from the installer package and uploading them, overwriting the other files?

SMF 2.0 RC5

ls-agro

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on September 06, 2010, 04:52:44 PM
You also tried re uploading the directories manually via FTP ?
Extracting those directories from the installer package and uploading them, overwriting the other files?

Yes, did it like that..

hmm, could the problem be the database name ?, because of this -agro ?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Well, it could be a lot of things, I had an error the same or very similar, doing the above fixed it, its probably something different, but similar.

I will think about it more lol :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

starlightmishi

Question...how do admins display a user's real username while they are using a nickname? Is there an easy method that I'm just not understanding?

Jack_40k

Hey guys,

Just wanted to know how I can stop people from posting images and youtube videos in the Chat / Shoutbox?

Thanks.

T3CHN0

hi
in the shout box it shows passed messages for only 24hrs i think and only about 12 lines to scroll up to.

how do I change it to show passed history for longer "say 48hrs" and about 20 history lines.

I have ready so many pages on this board and very hard to find what I am looking for
thankyou

edwsin

hi,
i was trying yo install ajax chat 0.8.2.1 for smf 1.1.11
i'm use the simple method from uploading from the SMF - Package Manager.

I success upload the ajax chat, but when i tried to apply the mod, it gives only blank screen. And when i tried to go back to previous screen and i retry again, it gets error like this:

You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!
which folder is not writeable anymore..?
i already set all the main smf folder to 777

Anyone could help me..?
:(

Advertisement: