News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Share This Topic

Started by Suki, September 06, 2009, 05:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirahalo

if more or enough people ask for a permission to use the bookmarks, then I will added, it isn't that hard, but in my experience, the less permissions, the better ;)  and also, I dont really see the point in having a permission for this,  as the title says, share this topic, added a permission will be like cutting off the "share" part

thank you for your translation, I will added as soon as I can ;)

eng_HK

I think that only registered used could have the capability to share the post, if the other want, after they seen it on facebook, they will register..

but it's only a new feature, not a limitation, a flag that give to the admin the capability to decide...
Anyway I think this is a greate mode..

mirahalo

viewing the mod as a tool to promote your forum, I think adding a permission for registered users only, will affect that, remember, the mod share links, if a guest share that link in his/her account on a social network, that means  free advertisement for your forum!

viewing the mod as a tool for your users only, as a bonus or a feature, then is ok to restrict the access to it.

if more people are interesting in a permission system, then I will added,  I just need to know if more people are agree  with this before I  do that.

Kleidi

I tried to install but i got this msg:
QuoteError in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

And the error seems to be on Display template
Quote3.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/Display.template.php     Test failed
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
      2.    Add After    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test failed

I have this mods installed:
1.     Global Headers Footers      2.0       [ Uninstall ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]
2.    Users Online Today    1.5.5    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    The SMF File Management Tool    1.0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio    7.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    Activity_Bar    1.0.1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Admin member list registration date    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    Birthday Posts    0.11.2 Beta    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    Site Menu    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.    Active Members In Topic    1.8    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.    Caps_Lock_Detection_on_Login    1.1.0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.    Gender on Memberlist    1.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.    Pretty URLs    1.0RC    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.    Signature Area BBCode Buttons    1.7    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.    Ad Managment    2.3.6    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Thanks anyway ;)

Arantor

So you're using 2.0 RC2.

Obviously it's clashing with something in your Display.template.php. Please attach it so it can be examined.

TravisM661

Can we change the logos to our own versions?

Arantor

Travis: I don't see any reason why not - though I'll let 130860 confirm that for sure (certainly, the icons I added originally, go for it)

mirahalo

@TravisM661 do you mean add a feature to add your own icons?  or just replace the images that came with the mod by default?   if it is the second one as Arantor say, go for it, the icons are store in Themes/your_theme/images/share    just make sure you keep the name intact.

@Arantor, thank you for doing my job :P    I been lazy lately :P

Kleidi

Quote from: Arantor on January 14, 2010, 06:51:57 PM
So you're using 2.0 RC2.

Obviously it's clashing with something in your Display.template.php. Please attach it so it can be examined.

Yep, it's seems like something is going wrong there ;)
I have attached that file with this post... Thank you for supporting us ;)

mirahalo

mmm, weird, I didn't have any trouble with making the modifications, anyway, try this one:

Kleidi

Quote from: 130860 on January 16, 2010, 10:03:14 PM
mmm, weird, I didn't have any trouble with making the modifications, anyway, try this one:
Should i replace that file after or before installation?
Thx bro ;)

mirahalo

install the mod, even if there is still the error, then replace your file with the one I attach,  that should be sufficient  for the mod to work properly  ;)

Kleidi

Quote from: 130860 on January 21, 2010, 10:14:31 AM
install the mod, even if there is still the error, then replace your file with the one I attach,  that should be sufficient  for the mod to work properly  ;)
I'll try ... but, will this affect other mods installed there?

Thanks bro

mirahalo

no, because I only edit the necessary code for this mod,   if you haven't install another mod  that affect this file then don't worry,  the file I gave you only modifies the code necessary for the mod to work.

you can always backup your file if something goes wrong ;)

waruna

Hi there.

I tried to install this mod, but I get this error:

"You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!"

Please tell me what to do. :(

Thanks in advance
Trust of Lust

mirahalo

make sure that your /Packages folder and the installed.list file inside it  both has the correct permissions,  ( 777 ) also please see this links:

How do I chmod? / what is chmod?

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=363.0

waruna

Hye there. I already set the permission to 777 for Packages and installed.list from the beginning of the SMF installation. Or does this mod not compatible with version 2.0?
Trust of Lust

mirahalo

this mod is compatible with 2.0 RC1.2 and 2.0 RC2, if it wasn't it show you a different kind of error.

please go to admin / main / packages / file permissions /   

and make sure that you Packages folder shows this:   Packages    Writable  (chmod: 0755)   it can be 0755 o 0777   if not, use the Change File Permissions right under it to change it

waruna

Yes. The permission already set to 0777. Only Sources folder is not writable (0755).
I tried to install by upload the zip file from my computer, also the same error appears.
Trust of Lust

mirahalo

does this error also happen when you install any other mod or just this one?   this mod modifies some files on /Sources folder, so I wouldn't hurt if you make that folder writable with 0777 and give it another try, if the error still happens or you cannot install any other mod, please make a new topic in the support boards commenting your problem, you will have better support for it on that board.

Advertisement: