Share This Topic

Started by Suki, September 06, 2009, 05:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

- danny

i've noticed that error too.

i'm not too sure the mod creator has much control over what the window says though; the error page appears to come directly from facebook.

however, i may be wrong, and if that's the case and there is a fix, i would love to know. :D

coolfx350

I think it has something to do with application key.  I have created my own "Like" function on the same website directly from facebook without application key, and it works fine.

mike s

I just installed and after enbabling guests (booo but I understand why), it seems to work great.

I have a fan page set up.. my wish would be for the shared posts to be uploaded to the fan page instead of my personal facebook page.. is that possible at all? just a thought.

Keep up the great work and thanks!

regards, Mike.

coolfx350

I think I found out what the problem is, it's the Pretty URL mod.  When I view source, the pretty url isn't showing. 

mirahalo

Quote from: petecheng on June 02, 2010, 04:58:26 PM
I found another issue.

when i am logged into facebook, I am able to "Like" just fine, but if i am logout of facebook, when I tried to "Like" I get a facebook popup saying "Error"

Should it be facebook login window instead?

thanks

you must be logged in facebook in order to use the like button,  when you log in check the box (Keep me logged in)   so even if your not in facebook, the cookie is still there and the like button will work.

Quote from: petecheng on June 02, 2010, 05:57:17 PM
I think it has something to do with application key.  I have created my own "Like" function on the same website directly from facebook without application key, and it works fine.

the application key isn't necessary if you only want to use the like thing, however, if you want to use the comment feature you must specify an app key.

Quote from: mike s on June 02, 2010, 06:26:37 PM
I just installed and after enbabling guests (booo but I understand why), it seems to work great.

I have a fan page set up.. my wish would be for the shared posts to be uploaded to the fan page instead of my personal facebook page.. is that possible at all? just a thought.

regards, Mike.

sorry, the like button is personal, only your account can "like" things.

Quote from: petecheng on June 02, 2010, 08:24:52 PM
I think I found out what the problem is, it's the Pretty URL mod.  When I view source, the pretty url isn't showing. 

this mod and pretty urls are not compatible, however, this mods works great with simpleSEF ;)

mike s

Quote from: mike s on June 02, 2010, 06:26:37 PM

regards, Mike.

sorry, the like button is personal, only your account can "like" things.

I meant the Facebook Share button, but I suspect the answer is the same. thx.

- danny

hey 130860,

just wanted to say thanks. :D

keep up the awesome work!

coolfx350

Quotethis mod and pretty urls are not compatible, however, this mods works great with simpleSEF ;)

I think Pretty Url is much more popular than the simpleSEF, any chance we can make this mod work with Pretty URL?

or am I asking for the impossible?

mirahalo

Quote from: petecheng on June 03, 2010, 09:11:10 AM
Quotethis mod and pretty urls are not compatible, however, this mods works great with simpleSEF ;)

I think Pretty Url is much more popular than the simpleSEF, any chance we can make this mod work with Pretty URL?

or am I asking for the impossible?

I'm afraid so, theres too much changes and the mod will become huge on install, I rather prefer to keep it simple and easy to use ;)

sorry.

bialk

I've installed the Share This Topic mod v1.5 and the Like button worked fine with Prettyurls for more than a month. But yesterday is stops :( It says: "Error, no such link!"

mirahalo

Quote from: bialk on June 04, 2010, 07:40:19 AM
I've installed the Share This Topic mod v1.5 and the Like button worked fine with Prettyurls for more than a month. But yesterday is stops :( It says: "Error, no such link!"

can I have a link with an example of the error?

have you put the facebook app Id correcty?
did you create the faceboook app correctly?

the mod do works with pretty urls, it just no gonna show the pertty urls when you share something or like something, it will show the default url, not the pretty one ;)

ukhalik2

hi, I just installed this mod, worked perfectly..
I created a fb application id as you mentioned in the guide..
I can fill these forms, but i cant understand why to fill them, what they are for?
because mod working without filling these forms and fb like button is working (only filled FB Like application id field) :|

why i have to fill these fields?
what to fill in the last two fields?
please reply me, i am so curious about it.

ukhalik2

another question!
Can i move like button in center ?

bialk

Quote from: 130860 on June 04, 2010, 10:19:12 AM
Quote from: bialk on June 04, 2010, 07:40:19 AM

can I have a link with an example of the error?

have you put the facebook app Id correcty?
did you create the faceboook app correctly?

Today it works again - hxxp:kornitsa.com/forum/o-aeee/3d-k-a-aat-tmeoto-tt-kto/ [nonactive]

the mod do works with pretty urls, it just no gonna show the pertty urls when you share something or like something, it will show the default url, not the pretty one ;)

Not exactly! It shows the pretty one  ;)

hxxp:www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000811891412 [nonactive]

mirahalo

@ukhalik2

the field "Url of the Best picture of this page"    is optional,   if you put a URL of an image, for example this one:

when users share content, that image will appear in the message:

the other field is for the with of the button, for default is 200PX but you could change that to fill your needs.

QuoteCan i move like button in center ?

yes, in your display.template.php find this:

<div id="fblike" style="float:right; padding:2px;">

and change the style="float:right;  for style="float:left;

or just put in the width field:  500PX so your button will take all the space.

@bialk   thanks, I didn't know that, the last time I check this mod with pretty URLs it didn't work, good to hear  ;)  and yes, because this mod entirely relies on facebook servers, if they server is down or slow, the mod will possible not work as intended.

- danny

130860, is it necessary to set the width, if you've already created an image that's 50x50?

- danny

also, the image i created doesn't show up on fb, just the title of the link.

any clue?

- danny

130860, looks like it's not necessary to change the width of the 50x50 image. just checked out my fb profile and the image seems to work perfectly!

thanks again. :D

mirahalo

no is not necessary,  but the image  must be at least 50 x 50  it can be lower than that according to facebook, but as you can see the image I currently use is 88 x 31 and works so is a question of trying ;)

Reaven87

Hi everyone! I've just installed the package but nothing appears on the top of the first topic!
I've enabled the MOD from the feature panel, and I've also created a facebook app (with ID etc.) but nothing changes! What should I do? My theme is the Classic YaBB SE Theme!

Thanks!

Advertisement: