News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Share This Topic

Started by Suki, September 06, 2009, 05:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simon36

This is a great mod but I wish someone would make it line up neatly with the bottom of the topic.

Suki

Is possible, but you will have to make template edits which basically defeats the purpose of this mod.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

timetraveller

Hiya.

I've just installed this mod and, finger crossed, it looks like it is working properly. It's passed its first few tests at any rate ;)

Two questions:

(1) I'm trying to disable the buttons for some of the boards, but entering the board IDs in the appropriate box doesn't seem to be having any effect.
(2) The Add This box at the top of each page is pushing the top of the board buttons (New Topic, New Poll etc.) across when there is no obvious need. Can this be fixed?

Suki

How are you entering the board IDs?

Link to your forum?
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

HecticZA

Quote from: timetraveller on June 21, 2012, 07:22:49 PM
Hiya.

I've just installed this mod and, finger crossed, it looks like it is working properly. It's passed it's first few tests at any rate ;)

Two questions:

(1) I'm trying to disable the buttons for some of the boards, but entering the board IDs in the appropriate box doesn't seem to be having any effect.
(2) The Add This box at the top of each page is pushing the top of the board buttons (New Topic, New Poll etc.) across when there is no obvious need. Can this be fixed?

I have the same problem with regards to the Board ID. What is a Board ID? Is it the Board name? ie Admin room,Global mods room, etc?
The one I noticed is when I write the Board ID in the required field, it disappears when I click on "Save" I suppose it should stay in the field?

The mentioned rooms are hidden to the normal user, but I have added the "Welcome" board to the list where it should not display.
I have only added G+ for the moment and only to the first post
My site: consoleracing.co.za [nofollow]

My web page knowledge level: Noob

Thank you for any feedback.

Kindred

boardID is the NUMBER of the board.... i.e. this board, Modifications and Packages is BoardID=59
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

HecticZA

Quote from: Kindred on June 22, 2012, 07:02:44 AM
boardID is the NUMBER of the board.... i.e. this board, Modifications and Packages is BoardID=59
Thank you for you super fast help.
:)
Told you I was noob.
:D

lhkorlwh

Hi, I installed this mod and it works fine. However, there is a problem bothering me, the "facebook likes" automatically disappear after about two weeks... is there any way to fix this problem? Thank you.

Suki

That is up to Facebook to handle really, this mod only provides a way to show their services but has no interference on how Facebook handles the likes.

lhkorlwh

Quote from: Suki on June 22, 2012, 09:45:38 AM
That is up to Facebook to handle really, this mod only provides a way to show their services but has no interference on how Facebook handles the likes.

Thanks for the reply! Those "likes" are still shown on facebook, but they disappeared from the fourm.

timetraveller

I'm entering board numbers ie. 14,16,23

I'm enabling the AddThis script rather than the individual buttons though. Will this make a difference?

Forum is http://www.joe-music.net/forum/index.php

Suki

Quote from: timetraveller on June 23, 2012, 06:58:03 AM
I'm entering board numbers ie. 14,16,23

I'm enabling the AddThis script rather than the individual buttons though. Will this make a difference?

Forum is http://www.joe-music.net/forum/index.php

I can see the AddThis on your forum on the mentioned boards just fine.

kattara

Hi Suki!

I am LOVING your mod!  But I've noticed one issue:  when someone tweets a post, it doesn't change the tweet count on the icon.  What can I do to correct this?  Here is an example:  http://www.themobilehangout.com/index.php/topic,25.new.html#new.

Again, thanks for the AWESOME work and support!!

EDIT:  OK, I checked out a different post, and that one has the number count increase.  So, I guess not all of them work correctly?  I'm befuddled...   ???

Suki

Quote from: kattara on June 29, 2012, 01:37:16 PM
Hi Suki!

I am LOVING your mod!  But I've noticed one issue:  when someone tweets a post, it doesn't change the tweet count on the icon.  What can I do to correct this?  Here is an example:  http://www.themobilehangout.com/index.php/topic,25.new.html#new.

EDIT:  OK, I checked out a different post, and that one has the number count increase.  So, I guess not all of them work correctly?  I'm befuddled...   ???

This entirely depends on twitter, this mod only provides a way to show their buttons but I actually can't do anything about their services. Facebook has similar issues, they don't display the like on the people's wall anymore, unfortunately I can't do anything regarding those kind of issues.

kattara

Quote from: Suki on July 01, 2012, 09:39:34 PM
Quote from: kattara on June 29, 2012, 01:37:16 PM
Hi Suki!

This entirely depends on twitter, this mod only provides a way to show their buttons but I actually can't do anything about their services. Facebook has similar issues, they don't display the like on the people's wall anymore, unfortunately I can't do anything regarding those kind of issues.

Ah, ok.  I thought maybe I messed up the code somewhere.  Thanks for the reply!  I love your mod!

rommul

just installed the mod and I get

Fatal error: Call to undefined function share_headers() in /home/.../public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 1578

rommul

and yes, I do have the ShareThis.php file in the Sources directory.

the index.php file did not had the - require_once($sourcedir . '/ShareThis.php'); - I add it

lines 1577 and 1578 on Load.php are:

// Before anything else, set some header stuff, share this topic mod
share_headers();

Arantor

rommul, what version of SMF do you have?

rommul

Suki

You didn't have to add the require_once statement as the pre_include hook takes care of that.

Did you installed this manually?

also, it seems you are sing an old version, the new version uses static functions: ShareThis::Headers(); and the place to look in Load.php has changed too.

Advertisement: