Menu Bar bug when last button is the active one in the 2.0.2 *Core* theme.

Started by rickmastfan67, May 15, 2012, 11:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickmastfan67

SMF 2.0.2 - Core Theme (Themes/core)

Just noticed that when you're using the *Core* Theme in 2.0.2 that if you're in the Admin area and you're looking at any section where the last tab is the active one, you have a weird cutoff of the menu bar.

In SMF 1.1.16, this same base theme didn't have this problem.

It just looks really weird when you have changed the colors as the flow gets messed up because of this.  If I knew where this bug was located, I would post that info, but to be honest, I don't have the faintest idea.  Anyways, here's images that showcase this minor, but still a bug in the core theme.  Maybe there is a quick workaround for this to fix it?

2.0.2 (no mods)

rickmastfan67

I have figured out how to fix this bug and it's so simple.  Somebody forgot a "." in the CSS file for the core theme.

\Themes\core\css\index.css
Find:
Code (line 892) Select
.buttonlist ul li.lastactive
Replace with:
.buttonlist ul li.last.active

It's that simple.  It fixes the Core theme's menu bars in the Admin area when the last one is the active one. ;D

So, can somebody submit this to the bug tracker please?  It's so simple of a fix that it could be put into SMF 2.0.3 whenever it's released without any problems. :)

emanuele

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Trekkie101

emanuele

Nope, I was waiting for Norv to setup a Core repo at github to push the fix (and I kept the topic here to not forget).

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Trekkie101

Arantor

SMF 2.0 has never, as far as I can tell, been on Github. The repo is still empty.

In any case, we don't generally patch the theme files in the 2.0.x patches for the simple reason that it's problematic with the find/replace structure of patches and 'applying to other themes'. If we had a repo for it, I could understand us pushing to it, but we don't have a repo for such, and most dev effort is going into 2.1 (with occasional bug fixes backported to 2.0, and none of the bug fixes backported of late are purely aesthetic)

Great that it's been fixed but I just can't see us pushing out a patch for it :/

Advertisement: